Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2023 10:43:53 AM EDT
If you haven't read this, it's an amazing article - very well done.  It's a long read, but has a TON of interesting information and history:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2023/04/11/the-history-the-story-of-barrett-firearms-with-ronnie-barrett/
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 6:56:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes I really thought that was a well written article. Long read too.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:24:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome article, read it the other night and was some solid insight.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 12:33:01 AM EDT
[#3]
There were a few "inaccuracies " in the article.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 2:09:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Good read.   I had a chance to get one of those Desert Storm USMC turn-ins and muffed it.   Too bad.
I hope Ronnie's faith in Nioa isn't misplaced.   A lot of people are uneasy about that sale.
I didn't realize the part about his son, Chris.    I'd heard Ronnie sold out due to his age & wanting to retire.   But selling seems like a very odd move with Chris being talented and available to take the reins.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 9:21:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jodan1776:
But selling seems like a very odd move with Chris being talented and available to take the reins.
View Quote

Sorry. But that got a chuckle out of me.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 10:39:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Jodan1776:
Good read.   I had a chance to get one of those Desert Storm USMC turn-ins and muffed it.   Too bad.
I hope Ronnie's faith in Nioa isn't misplaced.   A lot of people are uneasy about that sale.
I didn't realize the part about his son, Chris.    I'd heard Ronnie sold out due to his age & wanting to retire.   But selling seems like a very odd move with Chris being talented and available to take the reins.
View Quote

I doubt Ronnie Barrett would sell to anyone he thought would shut down civilian sales.

Also, given what other companies have done to long-standing firms when they buy them up (see freedom group/cereberus), can't be much worse.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 7:45:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:

I doubt Ronnie Barrett would sell to anyone he thought would shut down civilian sales.

Also, given what other companies have done to long-standing firms when they buy them up (see freedom group/cereberus), can't be much worse.
View Quote

There was something I heard or read that they have to continue with manufacturing in TN for 5 years then who knows what happens after that.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Top Top