Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:20:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Got another kit. The stubs on this one are far nicer. Now to source another barrel.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:21:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cms81586:
Got another kit. The stubs on this one are far nicer. Now to source another barrel.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2980/IMG_9654_jpeg-3164889.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2980/IMG_9655_jpeg-3164890.JPG
View Quote
Oh that's about perfect, completely missed all the holes
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:35:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By thatARMSguy:
Oh that's about perfect, completely missed all the holes
View Quote

Yeah. My first one went right through the threaded hole for the rate reducer tube. It’s repairable but will take rewelding, boring, and rethreading M15x1.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:21:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CKxx] [#4]
Wow. Where did you find that?

@cms81586
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:48:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Update to the stock adapter project:
I had decided to make some minor adjustments, and during that the 3d print I had received had some dimensional issues with the dovetail that I wasn't sure were in the file or in the print.
So I had revalidate the file.

Good news, adjustments have been made and RFQs have gone out.
Current guess is some time around early June (If I order by sometime next week).

This production run will be the Improved adapter, Fin charging handles, and if I'm feeling spunky a limited sized run of both of the wave charging handles.

For those who were wanting details/images of the improved adapter, click here.

Reminder: If you want a guaranteed shot at the items before they go to open sale then be sure to fill out the google form.
for the charging handles
or the stock adapters
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:54:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cms81586] [#6]
Originally Posted By CKxx:

If you have intact rate reducer threads, don't start at the rear. A cheap flux core machine is just wrong for the job, so at least you'll have a sellable rear cut once the front welds are botched.

Edit: I don't mean to be overly harsh, it's just the completely wrong tool for the job.
View Quote

Didn’t turn out too terribly. It’s gonna need more clean up work and some finishing before I cerakote it. Need to drill and rethread the rate reducer hole.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:38:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Solar991:
https://i.imgur.com/2pCKbpv.gif

I had decided to make some minor adjustments, and during that the 3d print I had received had some dimensional issues with the dovetail that I wasn't sure were in the file or in the print.

Current guess is some time around early June (If I order by sometime next week).

This production run will be the Improved adapter, Fin charging handles, and if I'm feeling spunky a limited sized run of both of the wave charging handles.

Reminder: If you want a guaranteed shot at the items before they go to open sale then be sure to fill out the google form.
for the charging handles
or the stock adapters
View Quote

YESSSSS
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:57:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Sweet.  Filled out the forms for a stock adapter.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:34:15 PM EDT
[#9]
https://i.imgur.com/2pCKbpv.gif

for the charging handles
or the stock adapters
View Quote

Do I need to fill out another form if I already did it when you were asking about interest in the project?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:08:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By DekNgo:

Do I need to fill out another form if I already did it when you were asking about interest in the project?
View Quote

Nope. As long as you filled out the form once you're good.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:30:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Nope. As long as you filled out the form once you're good.
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:13:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By CKxx:
Wow. Where did you find that?

@cms81586
View Quote

Numrichs
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 1:10:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Is the VZ58 side folding stock a good one? I like my fixed VZ58 stock but the folding does keep with the Vz61 aesthetic/purpose as a small SMG.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 7:33:13 PM EDT
[#14]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2980/IMG_9654_jpeg-3164889.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2980/IMG_9655_jpeg-3164890.JPG
View Quote

Your luck was better than mine. The cut receiver in my Numrich kit has a lot of missing material. I don't think it can be saved...
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 8:35:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cms81586] [#15]
If my shitty gunbroker kit can be saved I’m sure yours can too. I had 8mm gaps between the rear sections…and it was cut through the rate reducer hole threads. It’s not perfect…but after it get hit with cerakote it will look good enough. Hole spacing is perfect and it drops right into the upper. I have 2 more kits (both Numrichs) that are cut way cleaner. I regret buying the first kit…but it was mainly for the small parts to toss into my CSA semi receiver.

This one was mainly for practice. I may use it to do a post sample once my SOT comes through. Won’t feel too bad about chopping this one up. I also did this with a shitty Harbor Freight flux core welder. The Numrichs kits will get Tig welded.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:25:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Give the inexpensive flux core welding - that actually looks good for  a re-weld.

I cannot weld - its an art I have never mastered I envy those that can learn to do it well.

Did you make a jig on your own to hold it while you welded?

If my shitty gunbroker kit can be saved I’m sure yours can too. I had 8mm gaps between the rear sections…and it was cut through the rate reducer hole threads. It’s not perfect…but after it get hit with cerakote it will look good enough. Hole spacing is perfect and it drops right into the upper. I have 2 more kits (both Numrichs) that are cut way cleaner. I regret buying the first kit…but it was mainly for the small parts to toss into my CSA semi receiver.

This one was mainly for practice. I may use it to do a post sample once my SOT comes through. Won’t feel too bad about chopping this one up. I also did this with a shitty Harbor Freight flux core welder. The Numrichs kits will get Tig welded.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2980/IMG_9984_jpeg-3179329.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2980/IMG_9985_jpeg-3179330.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2980/IMG_9986_jpeg-3179331.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:26:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cms81586] [#17]
Originally Posted By cherenkov:
Give the inexpensive flux core welding - that actually looks good for  a re-weld.

I cannot weld - its an art I have never mastered I envy those that can learn to do it well.

Did you make a jig on your own to hold it while you welded?

View Quote

No jig. Just started at the front and kept the pin holes lined up. It specs out nice. Should look okay with cerakote…but it was a poor reweld host anyways. More just for fun than anything. I have a jig on the way and a MiG welder now.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:45:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bugapeno] [#18]

No jig. Just started at the front and kept the pin holes lined up. It specs out nice. Should look okay with cerakote…but it was a poor reweld host anyways. More just for fun than anything. I have a jig on the way and a MiG welder now. I may start rewelding these and selling them with the matching parts kits so folks can have a receiver with a factory stock dovetail. I’ll have my SOT in a couple months so it’s a possibility.
View Quote

I'm down for one if you start selling them.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:46:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Keep this thread alive!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:13:21 PM EDT
[#20]
If you’re debating on whether or not to hop on the $9 bowman's 20rnd mag deal…do it. Theyre new in the wrap.  If you order a multiple of 4 you’ll get them still in the paper. Smells like my childhood walking through racks full of milsurp rifles at my favorite gun shop.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:04:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Tempted to get more.  Added 8 to cart and $20 shipping.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:21:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cms81586] [#22]
Yeah shipping is pretty much a standard $20. Even if you buy 10 they’re still only $11 a piece to your door.

After the first 15 arrived brand new I put in another order…. Splitting them with a few other VZ61 fans I know…but I snagged another 10 for myself.

Attachment Attached File
Page / 15
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top