Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2023 9:56:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bobweaver]
This subforum will be fun and informative. There’s a lot of experienced guys on here well versed in the gear and/or methods of eradication efforts. I really enjoy working with new people as I am always learning.  I’ve tried just about every method and piece of equipment, however it’s the knowledge from these guys that I really enjoy picking up on.

Here’s a slowed down video from the other night using a 6.8, M42K and a ThermoSight Pro. Hogs are about 130 yards away.  We learn a lot by watching our footage in 1/4 speed - that’s one pro tip I can share.

Link Posted: 3/27/2023 11:57:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I wish I could contribute videos to this thread, but every time I remember to turn the recorder on I miss.

I'm beginning to believe it is cursed.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 11:39:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Waiting for the weather to break and hopefully add some coyote dispatch videos. Place I have permission is still snowed in
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:34:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 12:14:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By UNV_Tmack:
Nice job! Were you using the PTS 536?
View Quote

Yes sir. Out of all the thermal scopes I’ve worked with, it’s been the most accurate and held zero the best. Certainly better tech out there currently, but the rifle it sits on has been unbeatable and I’m afraid to take it off.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 3:48:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I finally broke the curse of the DVR and got a kill shot on camera.

Link Posted: 6/1/2023 9:40:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sjcshooter1] [#6]
Varmint season is closed till Oct 1st in NY, so I figured I'd get familiar with my backup AGM Adder thermal scope hunting mice around the property with a PCP Air rifle.

Link Posted: 6/3/2023 11:30:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By BIgDAM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJtGOhytRto
View Quote

Are you south east TX near swamps?  Air horn used to help mask report and sound like loud frogs to distant hogs?
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 11:34:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By sjcshooter1:
Varmint season is closed till Oct 1st in NY, so I figured I'd get familiar with my backup AGM Adder thermal scope hunting mice around the property with a PCP Air rifle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlHn4Gj8x-Q
View Quote

Weasel goes pop. What’s the air rifle set up?
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 11:36:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Just got back from our mining claim in CO and plan to head to the ranch in Lampasas this evening. Hogs were gone for a couple months but I guess the neighbors have started the protein regimen in the feeders since the bucks are blooming velvet once again. Hope to have some good footage to share.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 11:50:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By bobweaver:

Are you south east TX near swamps?  Air horn used to help mask report and sound like loud frogs to distant hogs?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bobweaver:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJtGOhytRto

That was in Hopkins County. North East tx.

Air horn? That's brrrrrrrr sound is the dvr yelling at me because the battery is low.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 4:05:14 PM EDT
[#11]
That was in Hopkins County. North East tx.

Air horn? That's brrrrrrrr sound is the dvr yelling at me because the battery is low.
View Quote

Gotcha. We use air horns sometimes when shooting in groups to make them all raise their heads up and stop moving at the same time. Thought maybe with all the loud frogs around you it might have been a tactic to mask the report of the rifle a bit.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:31:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: amprecon] [#12]
Last year I used a SightMark Wraith HD 2-16x28mm and I was impressed. I could have kept it and lived happily ever after. But thermal kept calling my name and when SightMark released there thermal I had to switch over. This is my first thermal hunt and it was successful, got a boar using my 6.8 SPCII AR with Silver State Armory 110gr. sp tactical loads. I have a fixed front sight post which causes a shadow at times, the video is much clearer while looking through the display screen on the thermal.

https://imgur.com/uQIaMwr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top