Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2024 6:19:53 PM EDT
Filed the Form4 e-file (or my FFL did) last Friday afternoon.  Just got a call from them this afternoon saying it's been approved, and I can come and pick up my new toy.  

Wow...that was crazy fast!!
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:24:03 PM EDT
[#1]
For me, they are.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:27:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn, congratulations.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:35:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By spot-remover:
For me, they are.
View Quote

4 months here. Lucky guy OP
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:37:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By spot-remover:
For me, they are.
View Quote

Yep, same here
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:27:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Any speed difference between trust or individual?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:00:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Concentricity:
View Quote

I did the the individual. My FFL said that the trusts are still taking 3+ months....
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:14:17 PM EDT
[#7]
They are disincentivizing trust registrations and building up statistics that might deflect lawsuits that bring up ‘a right delayed is a right denied’.  

Happy for all the new suppressor owners but the ATF doesn’t plant trees to establish standing forests. It’s temporary erosion control.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:47:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PvtJoeBauers] [#8]
Originally Posted By DVCER:

4 months here. Lucky guy OP
View Quote

Did you happen to call a local shop in Colorado Springs today to get an update? I was standing there trying to certify two and someone called saying they were at four months. As luck would have it the ATF site went down after the shop tried submitting my first one.

Just thought it’d be a weird coincidence.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 12:53:20 PM EDT
[#9]
After looking at the approval email from the ATF that I got with my tax stamp paperwork, it looks like they actually approved it on the same day it was submitted.

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 1:32:41 PM EDT
[#10]
My last three were two days, three days and five days.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:04:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PointBlank82] [#11]
Originally Posted By Concentricity:
View Quote

I just picked up four batch approved cans on an NFA trust. First time NFA buyer. Took 2.5 months.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:24:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alaskacajun] [#12]
My youngest son just turned 21 and went and bought his first suppressor, he purchased it online on Wednesday and they delivered it the following Monday to the FFL He got the phone call and went down and filled out the paperwork on the Silencer Shop kiosk, and got his form 4 approved on that Thursday. 8 days from start to finish.

-Clint
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:17:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Still waiting on 2 that I filed in December. Both were electronic form 4 individuals.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:03:41 PM EDT
[#14]
From what I’ve Read

When the ATF t submit the NICS check for an individual, It comes back clear.  That person is approved at that time

It only works for individuals and for trusts

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 4:17:04 PM EDT
[#15]
I recently submitted my efile on a Friday and got approval the following Monday morning. I need to get another one started to take advantage of this while it lasts.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:15:49 PM EDT
[#16]
I placed my order for an Diligent Defense Enticer S with Silencer Central on March 21, I've waited 6 weeks but can't seem to get the Suppressor delivered to SC, if it's not one thing, it's another...  
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:00:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By BadKarmaVision:
I placed my order for an Diligent Defense Enticer S with Silencer Central on March 21, I've waited 6 weeks but can't seem to get the Suppressor delivered to SC, if it's not one thing, it's another...  
View Quote

Doesn't help you now, but next time try Capitol Armory.  My one and only experience with Silencer Central was great either.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:08:47 PM EDT
[#18]
and here i sit since Feb 9th...
Top Top