Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2023 8:41:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Amish_Bill]
I've got the itch for an F1 can. (or more)

I can file to suppress a .22, a 9" blackout, a 12.5" grendel, a 9mm, or a 12" 5.56. I'm most likely to go for 22 or 9mm, but I could change my mind.

What should I put down for can dimensions for any or each of those? It used to be easy - get the measurements off a kit and file. Now I have to know the finished size before I even find the raw stock to make it from.

Edit - did a little searching and reading - They only want caliber and length? I can specify a foot long and only build 7" if I want?
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 2:28:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: number40Fan] [#1]
You can put whatever length you want and ammend it later if it is really far off.

For caliber, you can put the smallest and drill it out to anything you want.  As long as the caliber you stated is engraved on the tube and the caliber stated can fit down the bore, you are GTG.

Example.  20" can for a .17 cal.  I could make a 19.5" can for my BMG and they wouldn't care.  (Wouldn't care??? Eh... Within the wording.. Yes)
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 8:38:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I can work with that.  I now have two drafts about ready on the eforms site - a 5.56 and 7.62, both at 10".

Now comes the careful balancing act.... When can I feel good about spending $200, and do I really want to try "addicted to whisperpickles" as the reason for making?

Link Posted: 8/28/2023 8:57:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know which I'm more tickled by - a 17 day approval or that they approved "Chicks Sig Silence" as the reason for making.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top