Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2024 12:46:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FishKepr]
Thinking about this on an MP5.
Resilient Suppressors RS9 - Hollywood Quiet!
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 1:48:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had one for about a year. It's a good can. I usually have it on my APC9K which it works quite well on. I have the tri lug now and need to try it on one of the MP5Ks.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 1:54:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 2:16:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: peachy] [#3]
Is the rear annular cavity a dead end (kind of like an MK9K annular cavity that doesn’t go the full length of the can) or is it somehow ported back into the main central gas pathway? I’ve never been able to tell from the photos.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 2:19:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FishKepr] [#4]
How does it compare to the Octane 9K and YHM R9?  Obviously this is heavier and costs a bit more, but is the hype about the suppression worth the extra weight/cost?

Also looking at Spectre 9, but it’s not out yet obviously.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 2:58:38 PM EDT
[#5]
NFA reviews uses that term Hollywood Quiet too much. There is no way a 9mm is Hollywood Quiet.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 4:38:50 PM EDT
[#6]
https://pewscience.com/sound-signature-reviews-free/sss-6-90-resilient-rs9-sp5

Here's actual data on the can and you can compare the sound suppression rating to something else you're familiar with.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:06:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By heisman01:
https://pewscience.com/sound-signature-reviews-free/sss-6-90-resilient-rs9-sp5

Here's actual data on the can and you can compare the sound suppression rating to something else you're familiar with.
View Quote

Jay really needs to throw a few more common, pedestrian buzz gun cans into the pedigree for us watermelon under the haystack princesses…
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 1:04:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By peachy:
Is the rear annular cavity a dead end (kind of like an MK9K annular cavity that doesn’t go the full length of the can) or is it somehow ported back into the main central gas pathway? I’ve never been able to tell from the photos.
View Quote

It's a large blast chamber and the 1/2-28 direct thread mount that it comes with is radially ported like the old Sionics MAC 10 suppressors. The baffles stack in the long section.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 5:54:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Hecklerjones:
I've had one for about a year. It's a good can. I usually have it on my APC9K which it works quite well on. I have the tri lug now and need to try it on one of the MP5Ks.
View Quote

Thank you.  I’m curious if the tri-lug mount make a difference as some predict.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 2:57:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I don’t have access to a can that weighs 13 oz, so I put my 7.2 oz DA Mask on my MP5.  I thought, “No big deal.  How much heavier in feel  would 13 oz be?”   I found an object that weighed 13.5 oz and taped it to the barrel.   That extra 6oz, while not  ‘heavy’ it definitely put significantly different feel on it.  Enough that it was a bit off putting to me and I know my wife wouldn’t like it.

Leaning toward the OCL Lithium now.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 9:27:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By FishKepr:
I don’t have access to a can that weighs 13 oz, so I put my 7.2 oz DA Mask on my MP5.  I thought, “No big deal.  How much heavier in feel  would 13 oz be?”   I found an object that weighed 13.5 oz and taped it to the barrel.   That extra 6oz, while not  ‘heavy’ it definitely put significantly different feel on it.  Enough that it was a bit off putting to me and I know my wife wouldn’t like it.

Leaning toward the OCL Lithium now.
View Quote

the lithium has been great on everything I put it on, resilient makes a TI trilug adapter to help keep weight down.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 10:28:45 AM EDT
[#12]
That RS9 looks like an eotech LPVO on the end of the gun.  Also it is way too heavy for the price point.  I'd definitely go with the Lithium.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 10:34:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Hecklerjones:

It's a large blast chamber and the 1/2-28 direct thread mount that it comes with is radially ported like the old Sionics MAC 10 suppressors. The baffles stack in the long section.
View Quote

It’s the weird tapered-off tail portion of the baffle stack that I’m wondering about. I watched the NFA Review video though, and it does not look like there is any connecting path between that annular region and the main passage through the baffles.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 11:10:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By peachy:

It’s the weird tapered-off tail portion of the baffle stack that I’m wondering about. I watched the NFA Review video though, and it does not look like there is any connecting path between that annular region and the main passage through the baffles.
View Quote

The first two baffles have a cut on either side of the cone that looks like two slits that vents through if that makes sense. They are of course clipped and lock together for alignment.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 1:03:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FishKepr] [#15]
Originally Posted By heisman01:

the lithium has been great on everything I put it on, resilient makes a TI trilug adapter to help keep weight down.
View Quote

Thank you.  
OCL states on their website that if you send in proof of ownership for a Lithium that they will return a discount code for a TI tri-lug adapter.

How gassy is it?
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 7:47:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Lithium ordered.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 8:20:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By FishKepr:
Lithium ordered.
View Quote

You won’t be disappointed.  I love mine it mostly lives of my PCC but is amazing on my beretta M9.  It will run without a booster as long as the ammo is hot enough.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:06:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FishKepr] [#18]
Deleted.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:52:21 AM EDT
[#19]
When I contacted Resilient to ask about their tri-lug adapter, they mentioned it only works on the narrower tri-lugs. Apparently the Hansohn Brothers tri-lugs with the lugs at about 0.290-0.3" were too wide for the Resilient. I guess it only works on the really small/narrow lugs, maybe the ones built into the barrel designs on HKs or HK clones? I ended up going with the YHM Tri-Lug for my Bravo cans (R9 and Lithium). It is a similar design to the Griffin Armament (Alpha threaded) where the primary piston/insert doesn't use an O-ring for seating so it doesn't wobble. I don't know how Resilient designed their tri-lug. Maybe if they released one that works with wider lugs (like on the Hansohn Brothers adapter) I'd give it a try.

FWIW... the Griffin Tri-Lug is my recommendation for an Alpha-threaded can as it has the least amount of wobble/lateral play. I used my SiCo AC2447 and had baffle strikes in my Obsidian, and saw how much it wobbled when checking with an alignment rod. KVP and Rugged tri-lug adapters were bad as well, lots of squish/flex from the O-rings which can lead to wobble. I have heard multiple times from others that Griffin is the way to go for Alpha tri-lugs and that a few people would only run Griffin's tri-lug on a full auto setup.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:48:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By metroplex:
When I contacted Resilient to ask about their tri-lug adapter, they mentioned it only works on the narrower tri-lugs. Apparently the Hansohn Brothers tri-lugs with the lugs at about 0.290-0.3" were too wide for the Resilient. I guess it only works on the really small/narrow lugs, maybe the ones built into the barrel designs on HKs or HK clones? I ended up going with the YHM Tri-Lug for my Bravo cans (R9 and Lithium). It is a similar design to the Griffin Armament (Alpha threaded) where the primary piston/insert doesn't use an O-ring for seating so it doesn't wobble. I don't know how Resilient designed their tri-lug. Maybe if they released one that works with wider lugs (like on the Hansohn Brothers adapter) I'd give it a try.

FWIW... the Griffin Tri-Lug is my recommendation for an Alpha-threaded can as it has the least amount of wobble/lateral play. I used my SiCo AC2447 and had baffle strikes in my Obsidian, and saw how much it wobbled when checking with an alignment rod. KVP and Rugged tri-lug adapters were bad as well, lots of squish/flex from the O-rings which can lead to wobble. I have heard multiple times from others that Griffin is the way to go for Alpha tri-lugs and that a few people would only run Griffin's tri-lug on a full auto setup.
View Quote

The Resilient adapter fits just fine on my PTR with solid lockup.  We also have an Angstead adapter for an RDB upper but have not tried it yet.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:53:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:54:40 PM EDT
[#22]
I love my Lithium, amazing can.
Top Top