Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2023 4:20:29 PM EDT
Been playing a game with a gang of crows that typically stay about 80 yards away and a really bad angle to shoot for me.
Came home today and heard squawking, light rain and a few crows were on the ground about 50 yards out.

Went and got the Airarms TX and when I cracked the door a dog running by scared them into a tree about 40 yards away.
YES!!

1st shot and heard a nice thunk, feathers flew and crow 1 dropped dead. Others took of, circled and one landed in the same tree.
Shot 2, thunk, feather's fly and another dropped dead. They did tell same drill of taking off then come back circling.

They were really confused, making noise and circling and diving. Waited and #3 landed and when he did it was another thunk and drop.
Fun shooting and never left the kitchen.

Really enjoying the Leupold optic I put on it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 7:40:19 PM EDT
[#1]
In before the crows start dropping firebombs on OP’s roof.

Watch your cornhole, crows have long memories.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 7:39:19 AM EDT
[#2]
They are REALLY smart......
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 8:10:29 AM EDT
[#3]
We use a game caller (crows fighting-brings them in from a long way) and move around a lot. We'll get one or two before the others fly away. I had to laugh once because two landed on a tree above me and my hunting partner, he shot one but the other one didn't fly away so I made a crow call, and the dumb thing leaned over the branch to look down and my partner shot that one too.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 11:03:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Never shoot the scout...

Link Posted: 8/21/2023 2:23:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JKH62:
They are REALLY smart......
View Quote

Truth.
And weary. Or at least "country crows" or crows in rural areas where they are likely to be shot, like my homestead, are weary. In the city where I work, I can approach to a distance ridiculously close most times. They are clever little turds. If only I could dispatch them at work...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top