Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2024 7:50:01 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 8:18:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BOSN1AC] [#1]
It’s a cool gun.

I sold mine years ago to IraqVeteran8888 and wish I still had it. I think I paid $400 for it then.

Cool gun. 8mm semi is badass. Not cheap anymore though.

Watch that thumb. If you think Garand thumb is a thing…well, you haven’t seen anything yet.

Here is the actual picture:

Link Posted: 2/9/2024 8:22:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Always reminded me of some Neanderthal club weapon.  That flash suppressor is more of a sound magnifier , they bang pretty good.

There is a tool to adjust the gas , or you can make one if needed from a cheap nut driver.  Easy to disassemble and will at times rip brass. At least mine would do on occasion.

Kind of wish I still had mine because I’ve got so much 8mm.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 8:44:11 PM EDT
[#3]
You just became the coolest mfr at the range.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 8:59:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TOTHEMAX:
Is there any way to tell the year of manufacture?
View Quote

This might help:
https://www.gunboards.com/threads/hakim-survey.2324/
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 9:00:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TOTHEMAX] [#6]
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 9:11:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TOTHEMAX] [#7]

Thank you!

Maybe 1957?

8360 sn?

7.9?
View Quote

I see a 7360 in your photo.

You are right. I was focused on the Egyptian marks and missed the electro pencil numbers.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 9:52:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 9:59:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mike_314] [#9]
The Egyptians used them.  For a while there were a shipload of them at gun shows.

I assumed the Egyptians surplused them out and replaced them with AKs.

Later I read they were shipped from Israel.  The Izzies had warehouses full of them.

You probably already know they are a copy of the Swedish Lunjman rifle.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 8:44:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I have an Ag42b. As said, watch your hand. Get some dummy cartridges to use to familiarize yourself with the action.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:27:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I have one. It's a great rifle.
As others have said. Learn the manual of arms with this one.
Only load while it's on safe.
It will make garand thumb feel like a butterfly kiss
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#12]
The only Egyptian rifle I ever wanted.....and still don't own.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 6:47:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Wait.....
What did you trade for it?
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 6:48:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 8:43:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I had one for a couple years after winning it for stupid low at auction. I ended up selling it and buying an Egyptian FN49 a year or two ago.
They’re cool, but I’ve heard they’re rough to shoot. If I ever come across a reasonably priced Ljungmann I will not hesitate buying it though.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 9:47:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Grand dad's luger that he brought back from the war. It had a bunch of markings all over it and I thought it was ugly.
View Quote
It had those A.H. initials scratched into it along with the shitty grip artwork. Probably junk.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 12:10:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dutch51] [#17]
Pay attention to the warnings about ammunition in the Hakim. The rifle is ammo-specific. Start all shooting with the gas adjustment CLOSED and open it judiciously lest this happens:

I was witness to this incident and was hit by debris as it blew out the magazine (destroyed) and destroyed the stock. The gas vents downward through the magazine.

What happened is a cartridge with slow powder was fired. The problem is the peak pressure inside the barrel was still too high by the time the bullet passed the gas port. This caused the bolt carrier to slam rearwards unlocking the bolt and ripping open the rim and dumping all that excess pressure into the action.

Link Posted: 2/11/2024 9:06:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 2:23:10 PM EDT
[#19]
learn how to clean one.

it is way harder than you  think.

try not to shoot corrosive.

watch your thumb
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 6:26:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Dutch51:
Pay attention to the warnings about ammunition in the Hakim. The rifle is ammo-specific. Start all shooting with the gas adjustment CLOSED and open it judiciously lest this happens:

I was witness to this incident and was hit by debris as it blew out the magazine (destroyed) and destroyed the stock. The gas vents downward through the magazine.

What happened is a cartridge with slow powder was fired. The problem is the peak pressure inside the barrel was still too high by the time the bullet passed the gas port. This caused the bolt carrier to slam rearwards unlocking the bolt and ripping open the rim and dumping all that excess pressure into the action.

https://images34.fotki.com/v1636/photos/2/28344/1676633/Hakim8x57mm-vi.jpg

View Quote
The other issue is turk ammo is brittle and the case will fail.

That what looks like happened in your pic

If you use turk ammo in semi or mgs make sure you move the powder and projo into new brass FIRST.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 4:08:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 5:01:54 PM EDT
[#22]
I can remember when those things where $99 at a local gun shop here close to me probably early nineties
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 11:08:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Supposedly Romanian 7,9 mm ammo is suitable for these.

Turk is not.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 2:12:39 AM EDT
[#24]
I haven't shot mine in years. To much hassle to clean.

Look into the MG13 magazine mod. Still need to buyba few mags from Apex before they are gone.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 3:51:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: inmyshadow] [#25]
On my Hakim, the gas adjust was seized.  I had to take rifle apart so I could put some heat into so I can rotate the gas adjust.  I think I put oil on the threads to keep is from seizing.

I've only run PPU in this rifle.  As stated, I also started low on the gas setting.   If you reload, the brass deflector will destroy brass.  I wondered why my rifle had a rubber hose zip tied to it.   Learned real quick why.   I found an original rubber piece for the brass deflector.  It looks like the piece was rivets in place, I used strands from paracord to sew it on.

Link Posted: 2/14/2024 5:39:57 AM EDT
[#26]
back when they were a 500 dollar gun i welded a drop down mounted rail onto mine and clearanced the stock. mounted a belarus 8x42b svd scope on it. neat gun but heavy and goofy. dont get your hand in the way when charging the carrier its kinda dangerous feels like. the gas valve wrench i still have its kinda rare and works on the rashid 762x39 version also. the correct sling i still have about 40 of em laying around.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:59:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 11:02:09 AM EDT
[#28]

Good to know.

Where do I find a gas key? I'll go searching today at some point.
View Quote
The issue gas key is quite rare, if that's what you're asking.
There is aftermarket though.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 11:04:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 12:05:04 AM EDT
[#30]
I finally got one about a year ago.  My SN is 51,5xx.  One of the last couple hundred made apparently.

Have yet to shoot it.

rob
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 9:38:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 12:09:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Sajer:
Always reminded me of some Neanderthal club weapon.  That flash suppressor is more of a sound magnifier , they bang pretty good.

There is a tool to adjust the gas , or you can make one if needed from a cheap nut driver.  Easy to disassemble and will at times rip brass. At least mine would do on occasion.

Kind of wish I still had mine because I’ve got so much 8mm.
View Quote

Yup. Mine is typically the loudest gun at the range..., by FAR. It sets off car alarms.  I haven't shot it in probably ten years. Need to take it out as I have a grip of 8mm.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 12:14:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Would a 3d printed gas key work? I see those for sale too.
View Quote

A buddy of mine has one of those and it works fine on his and my Hakim.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 12:19:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Mike_314:
The Egyptians used them.  For a while there were a shipload of them at gun shows.

I assumed the Egyptians surplused them out and replaced them with AKs.

Later I read they were shipped from Israel.  The Izzies had warehouses full of them.

You probably already know they are a copy of the Swedish Lunjman rifle.
View Quote

I bought mine at a gun show. Late 80’s I believe. Can’t remember what I paid but I doubt it was over $200. It was fun when cheap ammo was abundant
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 12:21:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By TontoGoldstein:

Turk is not.
View Quote

How about WW2 surplus German? I have a pile of that somewhere. And yes I know people collect Nazi shit but it’s not like there wasn’t a bunch produced
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 8:28:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:12:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Curmudgeon762:

How about WW2 surplus German? I have a pile of that somewhere. And yes I know people collect Nazi shit but it's not like there wasn't a bunch produced
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Curmudgeon762:
Originally Posted By TontoGoldstein:

Turk is not.

How about WW2 surplus German? I have a pile of that somewhere. And yes I know people collect Nazi shit but it's not like there wasn't a bunch produced
Turk is fine if you move the powder and projo into new brass.

As long as the German ammo is in good shape it's fine as well.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 6:19:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top