Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2024 10:01:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: John87]
Because I hate the odd thread pitch the USP45 Tactical barrel comes in, I’m buying an Elite barrel, and having it cut and threaded. Should I consider a thread pitch other than .578? Seems it’s the most common.

Also, I finally got my first non-22 can, a SilencerCo Hybrid 46, should I invest in their ASR system, or consider a 3rd party system? SiCo is sold out of everything I was looking for, and another site (black ankle munitions) my cart is sitting at over 600 bucks (3 muzzle devices, Bravo ASR, and 3 end caps, and they don’t sell pistons) Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:42:37 PM EDT
[#1]
My recommendation would be to buy the correct piston for the USP and probably save yourself a bunch of money.

You might also consider Griffin Armament's EZ-LOK or CAM-LOK systems if you are trying to standardize.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:08:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:35:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By John87:
Because I hate the odd thread pitch the USP45 Tactical barrel comes in, I’m buying an Elite barrel, and having it cut and threaded. Should I consider a thread pitch other than .578? Seems it’s the most common.

Also, I finally got my first non-22 can, a SilencerCo Hybrid 46, should I invest in their ASR system, or consider a 3rd party system? SiCo is sold out of everything I was looking for, and another site (black ankle munitions) my cart is sitting at over 600 bucks (3 muzzle devices, Bravo ASR, and 3 end caps, and they don’t sell pistons) Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
View Quote

I wouldn’t go through all that hassle. Seems like a big waste of money. Some argue the metric thread patterns are better thought out than the imperial counterparts. I don’t have a strong opinion one way or another. I appreciate the advantages metric has to offer but left-hand is kind of weird at first.

See the article below. Even though it is about the 9mm options, most of it is applicable to the .45 thread patterns as well:

https://allenarmstactical.com/general-info/thread-pitches-13-5lh-vs-1-2x28/2019/06/13/
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:22:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Green0] [#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top