Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2023 10:04:45 PM EDT
A few years ago I got to play around with one of the Crosman AR-style BB machineguns and had a great time in the back of my old warehouse.  That being said, they always seemed like a couple/few hundred bucks that could go to something way more practical.  

That is until I just learned that there was a "Legends" series, including an M1 Thompson, and MP40, and a M3 "Greasegun".  They all look SUPER cool, and I have to admit that the M3 and MP40 are REALLY tempting.  has anyone messed around with these, and can you provide some practical experience (and gratuitous pictures)?
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:59:28 AM EDT
[#1]
No pics but a few years ago I bought one of those Umerex Mk18 clones that shoot semi and 8 round burst .177cal round BBs. It’s fun and with a few modifications you can install a Magpul MOE stock on it replacing the crap factory stock. I also mounted a cheap Bushnell red dot on it. It’s pretty accurate at 25 yards but that’s it. I’ve been using it to plink and shoot Iguanas and citrus rats in the back of my property. I would like to upgrade to the Sig Rattler BB sub gun. I hear good things about it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 7:25:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Dad bought the MP40 as he is a war history buff. It is fun and cheap to feed. Pain to load up the mags since they can be emptied so fast. He took some invasive birds off the feeder with it. Just a fun toy to full auto blast cans around the yard.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 7:37:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the Thompson; big fun.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:21:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Have the MP40 and M1A1 Thompson. Go through CO2 like water but a fun change of pace from springers,multi-pumps. MP40 is currently"on loan" to a grandson downstate.

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 8:26:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jackinil:
Have the MP40 and M1A1 Thompson. Go through CO2 like water but a fun change of pace from springers,multi-pumps. MP40 is currently"on loan" to a grandson downstate.
https://i.imgur.com/2bGSQJ9.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/X3cNLLW.jpg
View Quote

Those are both SUPER cool.  Gah, I'd LOVE all three!!!  Question on the furniture, the Thompson's stock is plastic, right?  I guess with these you just buy CO2 by the hundred pack...
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:27:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SnaitN:

Those are both SUPER cool.  Gah, I'd LOVE all three!!!  Question on the furniture, the Thompson's stock is plastic, right?  I guess with these you just buy CO2 by the hundred pack...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jackinil:
https://i.imgur.com/2bGSQJ9.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/X3cNLLW.jpg

Id go broke buying CO2 and BB’s. I can just imagine the trouble and trauma I could have caused as a kid if I’d had access to one of those fun guns. My Red Rider got me into enough trouble.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:54:26 AM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

Stock is plastic but realistic looking.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:56:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By sparkyD:

Id go broke buying CO2 and BB’s. I can just imagine the trouble and trauma I could have caused as a kid if I’d had access to one of those fun guns. My Red Rider got me into enough trouble.
View Quote

I got in enough trouble with my Daisy Model 25!
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:05:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I wonder which model would work best with a Picatinny rail installed after drilling and tapping the upper receiver?

Do any of them come from the factory with scope mount holes already drilled?

Is there any way to recycle the CO2 cartridges, or are they a one and done proposition?
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:40:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:
I wonder which model would work best with a Picatinny rail installed after drilling and tapping the upper receiver?

Do any of them come from the factory with scope mount holes already drilled?

Is there any way to recycle the CO2 cartridges, or are they a one and done proposition?
View Quote

No scope mount holes. CO2 cartridges are one and done.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 8:27:46 PM EDT
[#11]
For recycling the used CO2 cartridges, find a machine shop and drop them into their steel bin. Just make sure that they have a punctured end.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I got the DPMS M4 BB gun last year on black Friday for $99. It's a blast.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:39:55 PM EDT
[#13]
G19 gas powered
2 x MP5 electric

They are lots of fun and the air drive pistols feel pretty close to real, making them good for cheap shooting drills.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:51:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Where’s a good place to buy them?
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 12:26:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Pyramydair  is a great place to buy all air gun stuff.  Very reputable.
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 3:43:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By GripnAK47s:
Pyramydair  is a great place to buy all air gun stuff.  Very reputable.
View Quote

That's where I got mine from.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 3:09:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Yea-Right:
I got the DPMS M4 BB gun last year on black Friday for $99. It's a blast.
View Quote

That's the kind I've messed around with before, one of our customers sent us one at my previous office and we spent an afternoon shooting random junk in the back of the terminal... was too much fun.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 7:02:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GripnAK47s] [#18]
I have no affiliation with this. Air gun depot and Pyramidair have 20% off umarex.  

Ordered a Notos today, cheaper than ive seen it

Just a heads up.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 10:00:51 AM EDT
[#19]
You can find them on sale or refurbished for good prices pretty frequently. Well worth it IMO.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 3:19:57 AM EDT
[#20]
I highly recomend them. I have the MP40 The Thompson, and the M3 grease gun. All well worth it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top