Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2021 7:34:42 PM EDT
... I am about to SBR the following (picture attached).
I had it cut and pinned and I am in the process of acquiring a 10.5 barrel - the whole, swappable ones, factory original.

So I'd be able to swap out barrels if I really wanted to - same 5.56 caliber.
WHICH was the handguard that was most attractive, functional and all? I don't dislike the original on a SBR, but I still want to try another one.

ACR by SoloDallas, on Flickr
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 8:18:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Findsman] [#1]
I have a Bushmaster Mlok handguard on my SBR, and an RPM handguard on my carbine.

Both are pretty good. Dealing with RPM suuuuuuucks though and finding a Bushmaster handguard might be hard these days. If the BM was available back when I bought the RPM, I wouldn’t have even bothered with it.

Templar is making a nice Mlok handguard, though it’s pretty expensive.

There might be some Midwest handguards out there but they were pretty boxy. ETA - I also scratched the shit out of my receiver test-fitting one.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 9:01:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 7:32:37 AM EDT
[#3]
The RPM handguard is probably the best, but as already mentioned it took me 14 months to get mine from the time I ordered it and I was only able to get in touch with the guy every other month or so. Not super confidence inspiring when you Paypalled the dude $450.

Looking at his IG page though he has been a lot more active lately. I believe he keeps stock on hand now. He offers tan anodize, coyote cerakote, and black anodize.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 7:34:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Many thanks again!
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 10:28:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Findsman] [#5]
Midwest GW has the Bushmaster SquareDrop handguard in stock: https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/92989

These are keymod-compatible handguards, just without the little dicks all over the place.  Price is high but cheaper than RPM.  You'd have Cerakote it coyote brown, which I know Templar Precision can do, or your favorite coater as long as you give them the right color.  Heck, I've used Aervoe Field Drab spray paint to color match ACR stuff pretty successfully too.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 10:52:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Findsman:
Midwest GW has the Bushmaster SquareDrop handguard in stock: https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/92989

These are keymod-compatible handguards, just without the little dicks all over the place.  Price is high but cheaper than RPM.  You'd have Cerakote it coyote brown, which I know Templar Precision can do, or your favorite coater as long as you give them the right color.  Heck, I've used Aervoe Field Drab spray paint to color match ACR stuff pretty successfully too.
View Quote
I actually like it much - thanks for the heads up!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top