Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2024 5:46:23 PM EDT
1942 serial number and waffenbrik proof marks. I don’t know hardly enough about these. I see these sell for $700 and then $2500

I can tell this is WWII and a military pistol, it seems that drives value with the proofs. Is it a buy and at this price or what price? Thanks…in the store now…

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 5:47:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 7:33:10 PM EDT
[#2]
1300 for a WW2 PP is a bit high...

Here's some info about your PP.

It is a mid-war PP issued to the military. The Waffen marks indicate military proof, and as I recall, army/wehrmacht, other branches would be marked differently. This will command a slight premium over an unmarked "commercial" PP.

It does appear to be in decent shape, and from what I can tell in the pictures, not refinished. The safety does have some "blueish" color which I think is correct even for the duller finish guns.

Now, all WW2 Walthers have gone up, and this is has the proof marks, so it's a little more expensive, but I would try to offer a bit less, probably $1k is where I would feel more comfortable, but keep in mind that would be "retail".

You could go to Legacy Collectibles and search for sold guns to see prices, they are the experts AND I could be wrong.

Those marks on a PPK are rarer still, and the PPK would command a lot more $, but the PP is just not as desirable.

For reference, I own probably 10 to 15 WW2 PPs and 10 to 15 PPKs. Nothing "fancy" like the high end engraved ones that Legacy gets their hands on, but still, I know a bit about them.

James

PS If I can find the picture I have of serial number ranges, I can be specific as to when it was actually made. I think the 250,000 number range was in 43, but I'll see if I can confirm it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 7:40:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JamesInDenver] [#3]
UPDATE: According to the quick google search, the chart shows late 1942. I believe there was another chart with slightly differing years, but that's close.

PLEASE NOTE: The mag appears to be a post-war mag or at least a post-war mag extension. Pull the mag and look for the markings. The war-time mag should be marked on the lower part of the mag "Walther PP 7.65 m/m" with the "m/m" being lower case "m"'s and being like a 1/2 sign. The mag should NOT be "polished" or "high blue" but should be a dull finish.

The floor plate/mag extensions were different, there were a few EXTREMELY RARE ones like the one you show, but generally, they were in other colors and were usually reserved for some specific group AND on the early guns. Like "green" or "white" for either bank or postal guns, can't remember which now. Those mags are worth tons, but again, from the looks of it, that's a post-war non-OEM mag, probably Mecgar.

If it's post war, knock a further 200 off, you'd have to find a WW2 PP mag on fleabay or GB and they run 100 to 200. I see some wartime PP mags on GB at in the 250 range.

if it's marked correctly, the mag could be work as much or more than the gun, but you'd need to validate it with someone like Legacy.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 7:54:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's a PP magazine on GB that's described as "rare" that is kind of similar to yours, but if you notice, the "front" of the mag extension flares out a little more than the one on the gun pictured above. The GB one has a chance of being real, but it's way to high for me to buy.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:41:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dessert_Eagle] [#5]
Thank you very much guys. Never would have thought about the magazine….

And I know for some of these old guns a mag can be pricey.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 9:09:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Please post if you buy it! :)

james
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top