Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/25/2024 3:29:47 PM EDT
I'm in the process of purchasing a 9mm suppressor. Seems like all the places I've looked are running super low on inventory. For example, Silencer Shop lists 60 suppressors rated for 9mm. Of those 60, they only have 10 in stock - with a couple of them showing they only have a couple or a handful remaining. The remaining 50 are out of stock or backordered. I've noticed similar results with other online suppressor retailers as well as my local dealer. I did a cursory look at rimfire inventory and found a very similar result. Think it's the quicker reported approval times are causing people to order more suppressors? Can the manufacturers not keep up with demand? It's irritating because there are one or two 9mm cans I'd like to get but they are backordered or out of stock. The one I purchased is on backorder. I bought it 3 weeks ago and it's still backordered... It's  nuts!
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:34:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: prebans] [#1]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:35:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Fast approvals have people deciding now is the time to buy.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:43:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jeepsnguns81:
View Quote

This right here.

I've already had several approved in under 48 hours.

Expect demand to increase

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:43:32 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote
Seems reasonable. Makes me want to purchase another suppressor just to see a two day turn.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:44:09 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

This. Because of the very fast approvals, everyone is buying, so dealers are low on inventory. Also because of this many manufacturer's are low or out of stock and behind on products being available.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:55:54 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

It’s 100% this.  I got a five day approval so I bought 4 more.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:07:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AugustineBolishbatfe:
Everyone who bought a Dead Air had their suppressors fall apart, so those Dead Air owners are back in the market for silencers that won't potentially blind/kill/maim them;  Manufacturers are using up their machines/capacities to accommodate these market participants, so 9mm cans are not being made?
View Quote
Lol, Pepperidge Farm remembers when Dead Air was the new hotness.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:09:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By bigtex84:

It’s 100% this.  I got a five day approval so I bought 4 more.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:45:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By AugustineBolishbatfe:
Everyone who bought a Dead Air had their suppressors fall apart, so those Dead Air owners are back in the market for silencers that won't potentially blind/kill/maim them;  Manufacturers are using up their machines/capacities to accommodate these market participants, so 9mm cans are not being made?
View Quote

What a load of horseshit.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:46:17 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

This.
Nothing spurs NFA sales like fast approval times.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 6:13:27 PM EDT
[#11]
are the fast approvals only individual vs. trust?  I read that somewhere...thanks
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 6:20:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Mike_Golf:
Lol, Pepperidge Farm remembers when Dead Air was the new hotness.
View Quote

Right
But things happened
A lot
This didn’t happen in a vacuum
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 6:36:06 PM EDT
[#13]
LGS had a 26 can batch approval.    

I'd say people are buying.     My last approvals were less than 2 actual days, and 3 business days each.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 6:45:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By DogtownTom:

What a load of horseshit.
View Quote

Seriously.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 6:59:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By jd2395:
are the fast approvals only individual vs. trust?  I read that somewhere...thanks
View Quote

There’s no rhyme or reason to it. I just hit 35 days on an eform 4 individual. I’ve seen both individuals and trusts that were certified after mine and they’re already approved. It’s a crapshoot.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 7:01:15 PM EDT
[#16]
When you can get an approval in under a week, everyone is buying tons of suppressors. (Except me. I’m hanging out at 73 days because fuck me.)
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 7:02:57 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote
That and it's also an election year.

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 8:39:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 8:43:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2JokersWild] [#19]
Some jackass had to go brag in GD about "Look at my fast approval time" and now everybody knows.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 8:46:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Luny421:

There’s no rhyme or reason to it. I just hit 35 days on an eform 4 individual. I’ve seen both individuals and trusts that were certified after mine and they’re already approved. It’s a crapshoot.
View Quote

Yeah I'm at over 30 days on one too. I did get a 3.5 and 2 month approval, I thought that was fast.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 8:51:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, I’m at almost 120 days on one and about 75 days on another. But I didn’t expect much different since I have some stuff on my record from about 45 years ago. You’d think that would be overlooked at this point with nothing going on since then. PITA…
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:03:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By dmk0210:
That and it's also an election year.

View Quote

It’s time to put that to bed as an excuse.  The last time that may have been a semi-valid excuse was is 2016 when it looked like Hillary might win, and even then it was iffy.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:05:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By HansohnBrothers:
Everybody that said "I'd buy one if the wait wasn't so long..." are finally putting their money where their mouth is.
View Quote

Not my father in law

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:15:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:32:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:04:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:15:44 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Yep, goes to show how much the slow approvals had a chilling effect on the market.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:20:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Fast approvals lead to higher demand, which will lead to fewer in stock, which will lead to skyrocketing prices
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:38:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1168RGR] [#29]
Originally Posted By Green0:
That’s interesting.  I know the industry was pretty slow, and is speeding up.

It is a little challenging to take production crews from a slow environment to a faster paced environment.

We have been hiring a lot and staffing shifts around the clock again.  We have been at that process two months now. It’s beginning to help move things along.
View Quote

Originally Posted By ECCO_Machine:

It's this, both with the previously initiated as well as more people than ever getting into the game.

I have more machines operational and am making more parts than ever, and still losing ground.  I worked through the weekend to get a small batch of Cheetahs wrapped up yesterday morning and posted to the sight mid-day.   They are gone.
View Quote
Any concern for a swing back? I suspect these people will run out of money. If they had the expendable income to just keep buying cans whenever they want to, they would have done so, and said damn the wait. If you have to save up over a year, having your money tied up another 9 months without gain is more of a psychological deterrent than for a single dude right after his 12th contract deployment with a paid off house and bills paid in advance.

Originally Posted By Little_Bo_Peep:

Yep, goes to show how much the slow approvals had a chilling effect on the market.
View Quote
absolutely.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:27:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By HansohnBrothers:
Everybody that said "I'd buy one if the wait wasn't so long..." are finally putting their money where their mouth is.
View Quote

Problem is, now there's nothing to buy.    
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:43:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Green0] [#31]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:26:24 PM EDT
[#32]

I feel like most people already have run out of money.  The market is up 98% in February, but when lead times go from 3 months to 3 days, it should be up 600%-1000%.  So the numbers say people are already broke, because demand isn't increasing proportional to that news at the present time.

This is a three plus year Biden / DNC economy.  Doritos cost $6 a normal sized bag now at my local walmart.  I guess the Democrat voters must really be disappointed they aren't $12, because they asked for this shit.  
View Quote

Preach it! Economy is worse than it's been in quite a while. Shit's expensive...

Of note, suppressors continue to dwindle. Since I started this post, the Fly 9 has sold out and the Mojave 9 is getting very low. I haven't seen any out of stock or backorders come back available yet...
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:17:00 PM EDT
[#33]

I feel like most people already have run out of money.  The market is up 98% in February, but when lead times go from 3 months to 3 days, it should be up 600%-1000%.  So the numbers say people are already broke, because demand isn't increasing proportional to that news at the present time.

This is a three plus year Biden / DNC economy.  Doritos cost $6 a normal sized bag now at my local walmart.  I guess the Democrat voters must really be disappointed they aren't $12, because they asked for this shit.  
View Quote

I know right?

Whoda thunk three years of Trump dumping billions of dollars of free money into the economy would drive inflation?

Oh yeah, anybody who knows how economies work.

Trumpites asked for this shit!
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:22:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zentradi] [#34]
Cans are addictive.   They might buy one because the waits are short.  Then they buy more and more.

Pretty soon you find yourself avoiding people who don't use suppression... someone calls you, asks if you want to go blasting, and at first your heart beats rapid cause you love blasting, then your realize your old friend doesn't use, and so you ask, "hey man, you gonna bring that .300 RUM with the big muzzle break?"  and he's like, "yah' it loud as f, I'm bringing it."  So you lie, say can't go cause your wife is going out and you gotta watch the kids.

You drift more and more from people who don't use cans.  

Broke?  You run into the same guys at the plasma center selling their veins week after week, chasing those decibels.  You can chase that dragon all you want, but the can builders keep coming out with newer and better designs, soon the stuff that used sound so sweet and pleasing isn't enough anymore.  

Wife wants to book a cruise?  No you, need that money for cans.  You find yourself faking a collapse of Haiti, claim there are cannibal gangs.   She wants to cruise the Med?  Fake a war in Gaza.   Alaska?  Can't, Russia might attack.    

The lies don't stop there.   Your wife finds your oven mitt.  You tell her it's because you're cooking meth in the garage, but she doesn't buy it.   Soon it starts adding up, the pictures come together like the scenes in a movie when they figured out who killed who or how a crime was done.   She sees the oven mitt, the needle marks in your arms, realizes you left your ear pro at home the last time you "went shooting with the guys."  You know she knows.   She sniffs you and smells gunpowder on your collar, but a new smell... white lithium grease from your booster assembly.  

You have two choices at that point, to continue the lie or share the addiction.    She'll never believe you have a drug addiction, so you tell the truth, you buy cans.   You take her out.   Two weeks later she's skipping Bunko parties, selling candles and the kids are eating peanut butter sammiches five days a week so she can buy her own suppressors and hosts.  

Finally, you think all is good, you have all the cans you want, life is good, I can just go shooting suppressed with the guys.

Then your dealer says "check this out, additive manufacturing, they can make stuff that just can't be machined, it's sounds so good."

Let them try stopping at one.    

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:01:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By zentradi:
Cans are addictive.   They might buy one because the waits are short.  Then they buy more and more.

Pretty soon you find yourself avoiding people who don't use suppression... someone calls you, asks if you want to go blasting, and at first your heart beats rapid cause you love blasting, then your realize your old friend doesn't use, and so you ask, "hey man, you gonna bring that .300 RUM with the big muzzle break?"  and he's like, "yah' it loud as f, I'm bringing it."  So you lie, say can't go cause your wife is going out and you gotta watch the kids.

You drift more and more from people who don't use cans.  

Broke?  You run into the same guys at the plasma center selling their veins week after week, chasing those decibels.  You can chase that dragon all you want, but the can builders keep coming out with newer and better designs, soon the stuff that used sound so sweet and pleasing isn't enough anymore.  

Wife wants to book a cruise?  No you, need that money for cans.  You find yourself faking a collapse of Haiti, claim there are cannibal gangs.   She wants to cruise the Med?  Fake a war in Gaza.   Alaska?  Can't, Russia might attack.    

The lies don't stop there.   Your wife finds your oven mitt.  You tell her it's because you're cooking meth in the garage, but she doesn't buy it.   Soon it starts adding up, the pictures come together like the scenes in a movie when they figured out who killed who or how a crime was done.   She sees the oven mitt, the needle marks in your arms, realizes you left your ear pro at home the last time you "went shooting with the guys."  You know she knows.   She sniffs you and smells gunpowder on your collar, but a new smell... white lithium grease from your booster assembly.  

You have two choices at that point, to continue the lie or share the addiction.    She'll never believe you have a drug addiction, so you tell the truth, you buy cans.   You take her out.   Two weeks later she's skipping Bunko parties, selling candles and the kids are eating peanut butter sammiches five days a week so she can buy her own suppressors and hosts.  

Finally, you think all is good, you have all the cans you want, life is good, I can just go shooting suppressed with the guys.

Then your dealer says "check this out, additive manufacturing, they can make stuff that just can't be machined, it's sounds so good."

Let them try stopping at one.    

View Quote
shit, you’re right. I just checked my oven mitts, and yep. SiCo and NSN.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:09:23 PM EDT
[#36]
I was planning on picking up a 556 SOCOM can "sometime". With the supposed quicker approvals, I jumped on a 9mm can, just because. I fucked up and went single shot trust.
After many seconds of research, I decided that can needs to be "dedicated" to my MPX, so I jumped over and ordered a 2nd 9mm can for my pistols.

SOCOM556 cans are still showing "backorder" so... just waiting. Not really interested in dropping 2K on the new RC3, the RC2 or SB2 will suit me just fine
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:10:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Everyone is trying to get in on the quick approvals and the dealers are slammed. The best you can do is either sign up for back in stock notification or backorder and hope to get allocated whenever your can is replenished.

I randomly checked Silencer Shop online chat support today and there were 90 people ahead of me in the queue before I closed it out.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:12:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Capitol Armory just got a large shipment from Surefire and currently have the SB2 in stock in Black and FDE.

Originally Posted By dunndw:
SOCOM556 cans are still showing "backorder" so... just waiting. Not really interested in dropping 2K on the new RC3, the RC2 or SB2 will suit me just fine
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:21:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:17:00 PM EDT
[#40]
My brother in Christ what do you mean what is going on… lol
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:22:24 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Not everybody hangs out at ARFCOM
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:16:58 PM EDT
[#42]
I hear you OP. I've been waiting months, money in hand, for a YHM Resonator to pop up again. I'm already invested in the mount system, so switching platforms is a no-go.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:27:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Green0] [#43]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:43:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#44]

Not for us.   Everything in the shop is owned outright, buidling is owned, I'm just putting in extra time trying to keep up.  If things slow down, I get to drop my weeks back to ~60 hours or less instead of 80+.

It's been like this since November.  I thought adding another lathe would help me avoid late nights and weekends in the shop.  It hasn't.  Just means my scrap guy has to pick up much more frequently.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Not for us.   Everything in the shop is owned outright, buidling is owned, I'm just putting in extra time trying to keep up.  If things slow down, I get to drop my weeks back to ~60 hours or less instead of 80+.

It's been like this since November.  I thought adding another lathe would help me avoid late nights and weekends in the shop.  It hasn't.  Just means my scrap guy has to pick up much more frequently.

Glad you guys are doing well

Picked up my Caracal today

Attachment Attached File

Originally Posted By StanleySpidowski:

Not everybody hangs out at ARFCOM

Anybody that’s anybody

Originally Posted By Poodleshooter:
I hear you OP. I've been waiting months, money in hand, for a YHM Resonator to pop up again. I'm already invested in the mount system, so switching platforms is a no-go.

Buy another brand and use the YHM hub…?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:05:00 AM EDT
[#45]
I ordered 5 cans since end of October, received two. I wanted one more but I'm not going to backorder something like this. The wait time for a backorder has got to be ridiculous.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:30:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By fmkenner:
I ordered 5 cans since end of October, received two. I wanted one more but I'm not going to backorder something like this. The wait time for a backorder has got to be ridiculous.
View Quote

Depends. My OCL polonium was two weeks. And I didn’t make the first backorder batch SS received. From what I understand the back order list is growing with each day. You have a choice, get in line now or hopefully find what you want locally or through notification/hourly browsing on CA and be fast with the keyboard.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:51:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Xerith:

You have a choice, get in line now or hopefully find what you want locally or through notification/hourly browsing on CA and be fast with the keyboard.
View Quote
CA's notifications have gotten me twice this month. I had ordered an EA Ferox, then got a notification the Turbo K RB was in. I've wanted one for a while and they've been out since December, so I jumped quickly on it.

Then yesterday morning I got an in-stock notification for an EA ARX. I was like WTF? I've wanted to get a second one of those for a long time but Kedminster said they weren't putting those back in production for the foreseeable future. Turns out it was a demo can, but only 500rds on it. So suppressor #3 in the pipeline.

Including the two 9mm cans that I had purchased in December and just got approved, that's 5 cans for me this year already.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:59:21 AM EDT
[#48]

Then yesterday morning I got an in-stock notification for an EA ARX. I was like WTF? I've wanted to get a second one of those for a long time but Kedminster said they weren't putting those back in production for the foreseeable future. Turns out it was a demo can, but only 500rds on it. So suppressor #3 in the pipeline.

View Quote

So you’re the reason it was OOS by the time I saw the email…
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:16:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Xerith] [#49]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

The in stock emails are very delayed from my experience. My nomad L was in stock about 10 hours before I got the email. Hence why I say it’s best to check hourly.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:19:33 AM EDT
[#50]
I’ve had a back order ordered for over 3 weeks now…. Frustrating.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top