Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2022 2:07:43 AM EDT
I’ve been looking for a reasonably priced new Mini-14 stainless tactical model for a good 2 years now.  They’ve been OOS everywhere.  We still have over MSRP Marlin SBL rifles.  Been out about a year.  What gives?  Ruger making about 2 rifles a month or something?
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 11:27:47 AM EDT
[#1]
WikiArms ha several Mini 14
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 3:42:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gasgas:
WikiArms ha several Mini 14
View Quote

All non-threaded ranch models.  I’m looking for the threaded model with flash hider.  It’s not like they don’t sell well.  Gunraper has em at hundreds of dollars over MSRP when they’re even available.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 5:51:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#3]
No expert, but Ruger makes most firearms in "batches".  Ruger makes firearms depending on demand, and likely future sales.  Switching-over a particular production line from one firearm to another takes time and expense.  Likely some production lines (such as rifle) are very different from other firearms, (such as pistols) and scant commonality between the different production facilities.

Ruger is trying to maximize their profit vice their expenses.  Given that Firearms Mfrs are under general legal attack, Ruger may be stashing some $$ in order to defend itself from future lawsuits.  Given their situation, I'd do the same.

Suggest being patient and alert.

I've been waiting for years for a .45 ACP PC Carbine.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:40:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By raf:
No expert, but Ruger makes most firearms in "batches".  Ruger makes firearms depending on demand, and likely future sales.  Switching-over a particular production line from one firearm to another takes time and expense.  Likely some production lines (such as rifle) are very different from other firearms, (such as pistols) and scant commonality between the different production facilities.

Ruger is trying to maximize their profit vice their expenses.  Given that Firearms Mfrs are under general legal attack, Ruger may be stashing some $$ in order to defend itself from future lawsuits.  Given their situation, I'd do the same.

Suggest being patient and alert.

View Quote

That would make an awesome suppressor host
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 10:31:14 PM EDT
[#5]
No expert, but Ruger makes most firearms in "batches".  Ruger makes firearms depending on demand, and likely future sales.
View Quote

I just got a new Mini-14 5819.  Dealer says he got 9 of them.  I guess a batch dropped?
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 8:21:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By UncleGreg:

I just got a new Mini-14 5819.  Dealer says he got 9 of them.  I guess a batch dropped?
View Quote
Dare I ask the price?
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 8:23:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FoxValleyTacDriver] [#7]
Think a local ffl has one in 300 blackout for like a grand. Which to me seems kind of pricey. Saying an m1a is like 300 dollars more.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 8:25:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 9:52:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By agillig:
Dare I ask the price?
View Quote

Shipped to my FFL for $975,
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:07:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Well that’s what I get for not logging in arfcom for a couple days.  OOS again.  Fucking hell.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:02:48 AM EDT
[#11]
OP you may check again. Localish gun shop posted a few weeks ago they got a large batch of mini 14s in
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:07:22 AM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

I'm kinda waiting for a Redhawk to show up at my favorite LGS, but Ruger doesn't seem to be making any revolvers but .38/.357 ones these days.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 6:30:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Ruger mini 14 is about a 1000 firearm when I see one , just saw a late prefix old style Stainless G/B model for 895 almost bought it but left with out it .
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:45:04 AM EDT
[#14]
last year about this time........was looking to buy a mini in 300 blk..........unobtanium.........ended buyin an M1A scout squad................couldn't find one anywhere.............
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 4:39:25 AM EDT
[#15]
I still see them , but they go quick around this area , just passed on a older Gov G/B model for 895 used should have got it .
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:57:01 AM EDT
[#16]
What raf said, they seem to come in batches. Took me a long time to find one in .300bo but it was my local Cabela's that had one. All the small shops near me will only occasionaly take a Mini on trade and while they regularly carry Rugers, never a Mini.

Best bet would be to find a good online dealer like KYGunCo and order it to ship to a local dealer.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 1:08:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#17]
I am not an Expert, but from the highly detailed discussions amongst experienced users of the Mini-14 in .300 BO, vice experienced users of the Mini-30 in 7.62x39, the overwhelming majority of folks who have experimented with both is that the 7.62x39 Mini-30 is usually the way to go, unless one wishes to attach a sound-suppressor to the platform, and then the (usually) subsonic .300 BO gets the nod--for that particular application.  OTOH, one can handload 7.62x39 to subsonic levels.  The discussion of subsonic 7.62x39 vice subsonic .300 BO is not well defined as yet.

The only caveat concerning the Mini-30 is that Ruger seems to make them with firing pins which are just a little too short for 100% reliable ignition of some steel cased ammo.  The solution is to go to Firingpins.com  and buy a slightly longer firing pin.  It may be necessary for user to carefully "adjust" the firing pin protrusion.  Search "mini-30 firing pin protrusion" on Ruger Forum  for details.  Suggest that if shooting corrosive 7.62x39 ammo, the Stainless Steel Mini-30 is an advantage over plain steel.

The "Dirty Little Secret" about the Mini-30 is that they show up as used rifles in gun stores fairly often because their owners have become frustrated with them due to ammo ignition problems and get rid of them.  Now you know the "rest of the story".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top