Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2023 2:54:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: urbankaos04]
Just wondering what aftermarket triggers you guys have used?

Doing some research, resulted in very limited info. Some guy on rimfire site reported that the SSA-E didn’t work because the trigger pin holes may be too close together. However, this was a 2019 post and don’t know if specs on the Tippman have changed. Everyone else was talking about Trigger Tech and Elftmanm and those seem to work.

Anyone here use the Geiselle G2S by chance?
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 5:04:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Tippman’s website says the M4 “Allows for drop in trigger assemblies”. I have an M4-22, but haven’t looked into swapping out the trigger, so I can’t be more specific than that. I did call Tippman customer service once for a pretty stupid question, nothing wrong with the rifle, and they were very nice and helpful. You may want to call them and ask about a specific trigger upgrade. I’m sure they’d be able to clarify what can be done.
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 6:30:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a newer model, (post 20k serial number) and didn't have any luck with the SSA-e. The bolt would would not close like it should. Granted this was only hand cycling it and never fired it with the Geissele installed.

I have had great success with the Hyperfire PDI series, Stern H2S and Rise Armament PCC drop. Hyperfire PDI being my favorite at the moment.
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 7:41:13 PM EDT
[#3]
My Tippman’s serial number is in the 60k range.

Ill call them up on Monday and ask about the G2S trigger.

Thanks for the feedback fellas.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 12:51:48 AM EDT
[#4]
OP, ever get an answer on this? Did you call Tippman? Curious.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 2:14:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: urbankaos04] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bballman25:
OP, ever get an answer on this? Did you call Tippman? Curious.
View Quote

@bballman

I couldn’t get through to anybody, so I left a message. Ill be calling early in the AM tomorrow, as no one ever gave me a call back.

I really like the Tippman rifle, as it feels more like my go-to AR15 and has eaten everything that I have fed it. I had a Smith and Wesson MP 15-22 prior and that rifle was reliable as well but didnt have the heft of an AR15.

Ill let you know what I find out tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 9:17:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By urbankaos04:

@bballman

I couldn’t get through to anybody, so I left a message. Ill be calling early in the AM tomorrow, as no one ever gave me a call back.

I really like the Tippman rifle, as it feels more like my go-to AR15 and has eaten everything that I have fed it. I had a Smith and Wesson MP 15-22 prior and that rifle was reliable as well but didnt have the heft of an AR15.

Ill let you know what I find out tomorrow.
View Quote

Sounds good!! Love mine too!
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 5:29:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: urbankaos04] [#7]
Originally Posted By bballman25:

Sounds good!! Love mine too!
View Quote

@bballman25

Okay, just got off the phone with a really cool sales rep guy. It basically boiled down to this:

* He has a couple of rifles himself and hasn't run into any issues using other aftermarket triggers, but did state that he hasn't personally used Geiselle triggers in his rifles.

* He stated that the Geiselle G2S should work fine, but that if it doesn't to give him a call back.

* I brought up the fact that some people are saying that the OEM safety is causing issues in some aftermarket triggers. He said if that was case to just swap out the safety with a mil-spec one and that I don't have to use the OEM, as the rifle should accept any mil-spec safety.

* He stated that using anti-walk pins would be a good idea as the receiver is cast aluminum. He stated that the steel trigger pins may cause wear if you take out the trigger pins frequently.

* I brought up some guys saying that standard trigger springs are "too strong" and have switched to light JP springs. Sales dude stated that it shouldn't be an issue, but I should look at the spent cases to see if the cases look damaged or look any different than when using the standard FCG   if I am worried about it.

The conversation was a little rushed, as I was a little busy, so I apologize for not digging more into which triggers he has used/or is using The guys was super friendly and professional. My bad on that.

He did say that there is a lot of confusing information on some of the forums, and would like for me to call him back to see how the G2S works in the rifle.

Hope this sorta helps.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 6:10:13 PM EDT
[#8]

@bballman25

Okay, just got off the phone with a really cool sales rep guy. It basically boiled down to this:

* He has a couple of rifles himself and hasn't run into any issues using other aftermarket triggers, but did state that he hasn't personally used Geiselle triggers in his rifles.

* He stated that the Geiselle GTS should work fine, but that if it doesn't to give him a call back.

* I brought up the fact that some people are saying that the OEM safety is causing issues in some aftermarket triggers. He said if that was case to just swap out the safety with a mil-spec one and that I don't have to use the OEM, as the rifle should accept any mil-spec safety.

* He stated that using anti-walk pins would be a good idea as the receiver is cast aluminum. He stated that the steel trigger pins may cause wear if you take out the trigger pins frequently.

* I brought up some guys saying that standard trigger springs are "too strong" and have switched to light JP springs. Sales dude stated that it shouldn't be an issue, but I should look at the spent cases to see if the cases look damaged or look any different than when using the standard FCG   if I am worried about it.

The conversation was a little rushed, as I was a little busy, so I apologize for not digging more into which triggers he has used/or is using The guys was super friendly and professional. My bad on that.

He did say that there is a lot of confusing information on some of the forums, and would like for me to call him back to see how the G2S works in the rifle.

Hope this sorta helps.  
View Quote

Thanks, good info. Sounds like a good CS experience with the Tippman folks!
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 6:15:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: urbankaos04] [#9]
Yeah, he was a cool dude to talk to. I'll be slapping in the G2S trigger in my rifle latter tonight. I'll let ya know if now it goes and if it passes the trigger function check.

Link Posted: 12/25/2023 9:28:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I am running an ALG act.  No problems.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 1:19:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ajacobs:
View Quote

Good to know.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 1:24:01 AM EDT
[#12]
@bballman25

Haven’t had a chance to install the trigger yet. It’s been hectic.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 9:09:17 AM EDT
[#13]
@bballman25

Haven’t had a chance to install the trigger yet. It’s been hectic.
View Quote

No worries. I’m just curious anyway.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 12:18:31 PM EDT
[#14]
@urbankaos04 did you ever get a chance to try the G2S?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:51:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: urbankaos04] [#15]
@tstone

Apologies for not updating this thread. Been dealing with some things that have put gun stuff on the back burner. Will try to get out to the range this Saturday.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:44:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: urbankaos04] [#16]
Okay, here’s an update:

I installed the trigger and it passed the function check. However, when I pull the charging handle all the way back and let go, the bolt, sometimes, stays locked back. It’s like the botlt is catching on something. It doesn’t do it every time, but this wasn’t an issue before with the OEM FCG, at least I didn’t notice anything like that before.

I also swapped out the thumb safety with a thumb safety from an ALG LPK. I noticed that the thumb safety isnt’t as flush against the receiver as the stock thumb safety.

Also, the upper receiver will not close when the hammer is forward, as it is coming into contact with the “cross bar” (don’t know what to call it) that supports the bolt in the upper receiver. I think the relieved portioned in the front of the  G2S hammer lets the hammer sit too far forward in comparison to the stock trigger.

Ill try to out up a video and some pics when I can.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:15:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: urbankaos04] [#17]
The G2S is a no-go. Seems like the bolt is dragging on the hammer or something. I only shot 15 rounds as I noticed bulging at the bottom of the spent casings. I had about 5 failures to feed and a couple of failures to fire (light strikes?) Maybe the the hammer spring is to strong to allow the bolt to cycle all the way?

Also, when cycling the rifle by hand the bolt would stay locked back with no mag.

I’m gonna out the OEM FCG back and use the G2S in my 604 clone.

My rifle is in 60k range.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Also, when the hammer is forward it hits this area:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/1/2024 12:59:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By ajacobs:
View Quote

@ajacobs How does the ALG ACT feel? Is it gritty at all? Or does it feel like a cleaned up stock single stage trigger?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top