Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2024 5:32:08 PM EDT
Thinking I might need an ultrasonic cleaner.  Mostly for cleaning small batches of brass, small gun parts, etc.

There seem to be a bunch out there, including from Hornady, RCBS and Lyman.

I would appreciate some recommendations and experiences to narrow down my choices.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 6:06:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been perfectly happy with my Hornady.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 8:49:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I have no complains about this one.
I clean suppressors and AR BCG mostly.

Amazon Product
  • iSonic P4820-SPB25, Commercial Ultrasonic Cleaner, 25-minute timer, 2.6Qt/2.5L, silver color, plastic basket, heater, 110V

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:22:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the rcbs.
There is no need to use the whole thing of chemicals.
I fill it with tap water and use a jar or a baggie to hold the parts & the chemicals.
Btw
Having a plastic tray is best if used entire unit.
it keeps from scoring any finishes on pretty parts
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:00:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GlutealCleft] [#4]
Unless you're looking to spend BIG money, I'd say pick a heated model from Vevor that matches how big of one you want.

Also, if you're putting gun parts in that have a finish, be careful which cleaning solution you use, or they'll no longer have a finish.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 7:09:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GlutealCleft:
Unless you're looking to spend BIG money, I'd say pick a heated model from Vevor that matches how big of one you want.

Also, if you're putting gun parts in that have a finish, be careful which cleaning solution you use, or they'll no longer have a finish.
View Quote

This is what I ended up doing.  Got a 3L version from Walmart, on sale for $65.  Tacked on a 2 year protection plan for $7.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:11:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I use harbor freight model about $80
Had it for years and done thousands of cases.

Same exact one that Lyman sells for almost double.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:41:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Garand1911:
I use harbor freight model about $80
Had it for years and done thousands of cases.

Same exact one that Lyman sells for almost double.
View Quote

Well mine is a POS. The transducer started fracturing off big chunks of potting compound. It still works but eventually I think the transducer will separate completely.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top