Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2024 7:09:40 AM EDT
Im looking to dive into my first PCC setup and want something as a fun range toy, but also compact enough to throw in a backpack for trips. The first setup that comes to mind is a AP5P but, the more I look around the more I question the choice compared to other options and cost. Besides the actual size of the setup, my main focus will be sound suppression. For now, I will run a Rugged Obsidian 45 and eventually swap over to a dedicated 9mm can. With size and suppression in mind, which PCC would you pick? Id like to keep the PCC and brace setup at $1500 or less.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 7:35:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Princeton] [#1]
I’m waiting for delivery of the new CMMG Dissent in .45 ACP to go with either an Obsidian 45 or a YHM R45.

Already paid for rifle, web site says shipping in approximately 10 days.
Not really in any hurry though since I can’t find either of those Suppressors in stock at my usual places.

I chose the Dissent because of there not being a
Buffer tube.
If that wasn’t so important I’d probably have been happy with a CMMG Banshee in .45 ACP.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 7:53:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Princeton:
I’m waiting for delivery of the new CMMG Dissent in .45 ACP to go with either an Obsidian 45 or a YHM R45.

Already paid for rifle, web site says shipping in approximately 10 days.
Not really in any hurry though since I can’t find either of those Suppressors in stock at my usual places.

I chose the Dissent because of there not being a
Buffer tube.
If that wasn’t so important I’d probably have been happy with a CMMG Banshee in .45 ACP.
View Quote

This one?
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 10:03:51 AM EDT
[#3]
My Sig Copperhead is nice and compact.  Shoots smoother than my K sized MP5’s too.

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 5:19:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wiskey_33] [#4]
I have an APC9K, IMI UZI, AP5, AP5P and KP9 all running suppressed.

I’d look at the B&T offerings as well as the AP5P though the B&T exceeds your budget.

Current all set up trilug with a Wolfman and a MODX 458.

Obsidian 45 in route as well.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 12:57:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PvtJoeBauers:

This one?
View Quote

@PvtJoeBauers

Thanks for the heads up but I was just gonna wait until somebody that already me in their system got one in stock so it would be an easier transaction.
As it turned out Capital Armory got the Obsidian 45 in stock yesterday so I bought one, hopefully I can cash in on the express ATF approvals that are happening now.

Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:58:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I’ve decided to go with a AP5-P and found one local for $1k! Fingers crossed it works fine and will be a good host
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:18:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Princeton] [#7]
My AP5-P SBR might be my favorite gun to shoot.
Mine has been totally reliable.
I have since replaced this suppressor with a B&T 9mm with a tri-lug.

Attachment Attached File

BTW, I’ve had good luck with MKE brand MP5 magazines that I bought from Atlantic Arms.

https://atlanticfirearms.com/mke-mp5-magazines

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top