BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:31:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I did one 3/17 and didn't get it back approved until 4/22
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:48:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Same here. I didn’t need 2 more suppressors but I hoped to win the Fast processing lotto. I’m hopeful that these last 2 F4 submissions don’t take as long as my last one which was 316 days.

Prior to the fast processing times, if I submitted a F4, I tried to not think about them. But seeing how some people are getting 24hr approvals I can’t get them out of my mind.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:53:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Form 3 approvals are super quick lately. On my two in process submissions, I received a shipping notice from the seller within a business day or two of placing my order.  

I normally purchase my cans from one of the big three vendors - SS, Hanhson Bros or my local dealer. But this time around none of them had what I wanted and I had to purchase from smaller unknown and questionable sellers. Thankfully they arrived at my local FFL and I was able to start the F4 process.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 6:19:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By StillGonnaSendIt:
I did one 3/17 and didn't get it back approved until 4/22
View Quote

Not bad, definitely better than prior wait times.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 6:20:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By RunningWithScissors:
Silencer Shop Announcements
Cadence issue with certifications
May 02, 2024
There is an issue with ATF eForms that is preventing individuals with a cadence (Jr, Sr, 2nd, III, etc) from being able to certify.  The ATF is aware of the issue and they are currently working on fixing it.  We would recommend waiting to certify until after the ATF has fixed the issue.  
Silencer Shop will continue to provide information as we receive it.
View Quote

AHA! So... That is why my last one took 34 days.... I am a Jr... and state that on my form 4s since my ID states...
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 6:23:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MacAttack:
Same here. I didn’t need 2 more suppressors but I hoped to win the Fast processing lotto. I’m hopeful that these last 2 F4 submissions don’t take as long as my last one which was 316 days.

Prior to the fast processing times, if I submitted a F4, I tried to not think about them. But seeing how some people are getting 24hr approvals I can’t get them out of my mind.
View Quote

Yep same here, my fastest was 140 and my longest was around 430, like you I bought them and forgot about them. Now that approval’s are coming back fast makes it a little harder to just forget about it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 6:23:21 PM EDT
[#7]
May 02, 2024
There is an issue with ATF eForms that is preventing individuals with a cadence (Jr, Sr, 2nd, III, etc) from being able to certify.  The ATF is aware of the issue and they are currently working on fixing it.  We would recommend waiting to certify until after the ATF has fixed the issue.  
View Quote

Aint that a motherfucker

Guess my 2 are screwed now
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 6:38:29 PM EDT
[#8]
The cadence issue is something very recent. It prevented my certification from going through. If y'alls cert. did infact go through, then your good to go. If you went through silencer shop, you can log into your account and see if the certification still shows ready to certify. If so, then it didn't go through.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 7:12:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: arjohnson] [#9]
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:

Aint that a motherfucker

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:
May 02, 2024

Aint that a motherfucker

I’m a jr and mine went through on 4/5, I bought my suppressor from a local dealer. Is the cadence preventing approval’s?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 7:29:02 PM EDT
[#10]
2/20 and 3/19.  Single person trust with previous NFA items.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 7:53:35 PM EDT
[#11]
My supressor arrived today. Waiting on shop to get it in their silencershop inventory so it gets certified and filed as it came from a different shop and not silencershop. Only had my ak with me as I was installing an ak warcomp on it.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:05:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By arjohnson:

I’m a jr and mine went through on 4/5, I bought my suppressor from a local dealer. Is the cadence preventing approval’s?
View Quote

My cadence or suffix in my name is preventing me from certifying my form 4. It's a glitch with ATF's software. It's been a few days now and it's still not fixed. One it's fixed, only then can I certify and begin my wait for approval. Pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:48:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By arjohnson:
With all these less than a week approval’s, who’s lucky like me not to get one? Submitted 4/5 with the hopes of getting one but as usual, it hasn’t worked out.

Eta: mine is a form 4 individual with electronic prints.
View Quote

My buddy did one late Feb Early March and it’s still pending
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:15:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 11B3XCIB:

My buddy did one late Feb Early March and it’s still pending
View Quote

Still pending on an individual eForm 4 that was certified on 2-22.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:18:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Karma-NC] [#15]
Going on day 20?ish.  Just for data sake.

I used my SSN #
Semi common name
first NFA
Never get delays when buying guns
No cadence in name.  

possible it could be related to primary leo? It seems they are involved in this process (first nfa as I mentioned above). I know there are a few that are less motivated to allow us common peasants the ability to exercise our rights.  

*edit*  Picked up my first can (of what I hope are many) today, May 30th.  For a total wait time of 30 1/2 days.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:37:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Karma-NC:
Going on day 20?ish.  Just for data sake.

I used my SSN #
Semi common name
first NFA
Never get delays when buying guns
No cadence in name.  

possible it could be related to primary leo? It seems they are involved in this process (first nfa as I mentioned above). I know there are a few that are less motivated to allow us common peasants the ability to exercise our rights.  
View Quote

It’s only a notification to CLEO, not an approval by them or at least that’s my understanding of it
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:32:29 PM EDT
[#17]
May 02, 2024
View Quote

Well chit. The 12th will be a month. My second can just showed up at the dealer as well.  Have a cadence so I guess Im stuck

Sir James
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:55:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 50cal] [#18]
Certified Apr 2. Nothing. Fairly common first name. Common last name. Efiled through the Silencer Shop kiosk as an individual at a local shop.
1 coworker got approval for 2 cans last week after a 4 day wait. Another coworker got his approval after 10 days.
Tomorrow will be 5 weeks for me. This will be my 3rd can. First 2 were 11 months and 10 months.  This was about 2 years ago.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:14:59 AM EDT
[#19]
I haven’t.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:15:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Hit day 31 today and nothing yet, going just as I thought it would, hopefully I at least beat my fastest approval that was 140 days.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:22:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RunningWithScissors] [#21]
Maybe those of us with the cadence delay should write our congress critters. Seems like the ATF is delaying our constitutional rights.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:34:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Luny421] [#22]
My last name is unique enough that anyone who has my last name is a relative by either blood or marriage. I talked to my buddy who just got his approved after a 10 day wait. The SOT he uses doesn’t do anything through Silencer Shop. He doesn’t have a kiosk, doesn’t log anything in to SS system. He has his own fingerprint scanner and takes photos in the shop. I’m considering buying one through his SOT to test his theory that the fact that SS is involved is the reason I didn’t get a quick approval.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:22:33 PM EDT
[#23]
I have a "Jr." in my name, which is preventing successful submission of the eforms form 4 by my "powered by" silencershop dealer.  It's been about two weeks on hold.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:11:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Eric_T_Cartman:
I have a "Jr." in my name, which is preventing successful submission of the eforms form 4 by my "powered by" silencershop dealer.  It's been about two weeks on hold.
View Quote

Ordered my first "to your door" from CA last Friday. Everything was going smooth until today. Got email and called per instructions to "Certify". Then it went to

shit thanks to our wonderful ATF "upgrading" their E form site a bit back. I'm a "II". All Jr.'s, II's, III's, etc won't go through. CA is aware and says they're

bugging the ATF daily on their progress fixing it. Of course with the efficiency of that wonderful agency who knows now.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:59:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Is there a way to check status of an eForm 4 submission done through Silencer Shop? When I go to their site, it just shows my profile after logging in.
I go to the ATF website and it doesn't show my eForm 4 submission.

Any other option except for calling?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:09:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#26]
Originally Posted By 50cal:
Is there a way to check status of an eForm 4 submission done through Silencer Shop? When I go to their site, it just shows my profile after logging in.

View Quote

SS has no way to know.  You have to call the ATF.  They will almost definitely just tell you it's pending.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:59:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:22:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MacAttack] [#28]
My April submission is still pending and I just certified on another can. I may not have gotten the 3 day approval on my previous submission but I’m hopeful when the ATF gets to it, that I’ll win the batch approval lotto.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:59:46 PM EDT
[#29]
3 1/2 days for my wife. E-filed last Thursday and got approved yesterday.
Crazy, my last SBR took 11 months.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:16:42 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote
Submitted e-Form 4s don’t show in your e-Forms account. They do show up in your dealer’s e-Forms account. But, as said, your only option to find the status is to call the AFT and get an essentially one-word answer.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:53:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By docslester:

Ordered my first "to your door" from CA last Friday. Everything was going smooth until today. Got email and called per instructions to "Certify". Then it went to

shit thanks to our wonderful ATF "upgrading" their E form site a bit back. I'm a "II". All Jr.'s, II's, III's, etc won't go through. CA is aware and says they're

bugging the ATF daily on their progress fixing it. Of course with the efficiency of that wonderful agency who knows now.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Eric_T_Cartman:

Well damn. I'm a Jr. too, my dealer tried to submit on Saturday but the site was down for maintenance. He hasn't been able to get it to go through yet. He called this morning to tell me he had called the ATF and they just told him it was a site wide issue but made no mention of the Jr. part. Yet another good reason to never name a son after yourself.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 1:08:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:
Submitted e-Form 4s don’t show in your e-Forms account. They do show up in your dealer’s e-Forms account. But, as said, your only option to find the status is to call the AFT and get an essentially one-word answer.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:

"Pending."
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:54:45 PM EDT
[#33]
127 days and 79 days. Still waiting
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:36:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Just got notified that my form 4 was submitted to the atf today. Guess clock starts now..
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:02:48 PM EDT
[#35]
I had heard some trusts were getting a quick approval.

I’m about a week in after certifying so I guess mine isn’t one of them.

Sadge.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:49:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Any updates on the cadence issue?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:37:09 AM EDT
[#37]
177 days and counting.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 1:23:29 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm at 40 days on an eForm 4 with a SSSS trust. I check the SS wait times every few days and have noticed that the median wait time for trusts is trending down. I believe it's 110 days as of this morning, whereas it was in the 130s a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully the quick approvals for individuals is freeing up more examiners to process trust applications more quickly.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 1:47:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Got my individual Form4 approved in 2-days a couple of weeks ago.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:00:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:33:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By RS0802:
2/20 and 3/19.  Single person trust with previous NFA items.
View Quote

Update:  2/20 was approved today.  83 days. Hopefully, the 3/19 form 4 arrives today.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 3:41:53 PM EDT
[#42]
My stuff was mailed a month ago.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:23:04 AM EDT
[#43]
I am stuck with the cadence issue as well. My dealer apparently didnt know about it and was continuing to try to certify. Just my luck!
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:52:53 AM EDT
[#44]
I submitted my first eForm 4 on Friday May 10. I logged into the eform site this morning and am not seeing an In Progress or Approved or any form for that matter.

I have the submitted email and pdr form but nothing showing on the website.

For you guys who have done this and know, is that normal?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:42:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By jpelaston:
I submitted my first eForm 4 on Friday May 10. I logged into the eform site this morning and am not seeing an In Progress or Approved or any form for that matter.

I have the submitted email and pdr form but nothing showing on the website.

For you guys who have done this and know, is that normal?
View Quote

Eform 4s will only show up in your dealer's account, not yours. It's normal...
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:57:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Interesting email from Capital Armory yesterday concerning the cadence issue-

Hello,
I am reaching out in regards to the eforms suffix issue, unfortunately they have not fixed it yet, but they expect the fix to be live in the next few days. Once we know it is fixed, we will send out a follow up email for you to go ahead and call us to certify.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you,
Sandi
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:30:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks!! I was hoping it was something like that!

Originally Posted By bballman25:

Eform 4s will only show up in your dealer's account, not yours. It's normal...
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:17:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Dale5150:
I am stuck with the cadence issue as well. My dealer apparently didnt know about it and was continuing to try to certify. Just my luck!
View Quote

Mine did too. I hope his persistence doesn't work against me.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 2:04:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Interesting email from Capital Armory yesterday concerning the cadence issue-

Hello,
I am reaching out in regards to the eforms suffix issue, unfortunately they have not fixed it yet, but they expect the fix to be live in the next few days. Once we know it is fixed, we will send out a follow up email for you to go ahead and call us to certify.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you,
Sandi
View Quote

Wonder if the cadence issue would cause delays in approval across the board? Once that issue is resolved do we think we'll see times get shorter for trusts? Cadence issues resolved, individuals going through in a couple of days. Nothing else really to deal with but trusts.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:24:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By RS0802:

Update:  2/20 was approved today.  83 days. Hopefully, the 3/19 form 4 arrives today.
View Quote

Great news for you, encouraging news for the rest of us.  Thanks for the update!
Page / 4
Top Top