Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2024 10:52:50 AM EDT
Who would one send a light Israeli kit and reciever to have them build, just ordered a reciever from dsa and should be to my FFL soon.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 11:06:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Arizona Response Systems. Mark Graham.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 11:19:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jcduchock:
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 12:31:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARMALITE-FAN] [#3]
Did you get the cast or forged receiver ?

I lucked out and got a forged one on my LB.

Bought a G1 forged a while back and waitng on the R1 to be back in stock.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 2:05:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CJSCARH] [#4]
Delete
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 2:07:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CJSCARH] [#5]
Originally Posted By ARMALITE-FAN:
Did you get the cast or forged receiver ?

I lucked out and got a forged one on my LB.

Bought a G1 forged a while back and waitng on the R1 to be back in stock.
View Quote

Cast i wanted the forged but have been out of stock forever so just settled on the cast. From my research didnt look like there was much of a difference in longevity with semi-auto FALS, forged are slightly better but DSA isnt doing any forged special recievers anymore.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 2:08:40 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

A.K.A. "The Gun Plumber"
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 2:12:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 2:18:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Arizona response it is then
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 2:30:35 PM EDT
[#9]
If you’re definitely not doing it yourself, then Gunplumber for sure. It sounds like he recently moved, so he probably has a bit of a backlog, but I can’t speak to that with any authority.

I will say that doing it yourself is very possible. If I can do it, anyone can. Though getting some tools to do it may make sending it out more cost effective.

Attachment Attached File

Even did some color fill, which I never do:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 3:01:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CJSCARH] [#10]
Originally Posted By BuddyChryst:
If you’re definitely not doing it yourself, then Gunplumber for sure. It sounds like he recently moved, so he probably has a bit of a backlog, but I can’t speak to that with any authority.

I will say that doing it yourself is very possible. If I can do it, anyone can. Though getting some tools to do it may make sending it out more cost effective.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/240289/IMG_3881_jpeg-3143066.JPG

Even did some color fill, which I never do:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/240289/IMG_4080_jpeg-3143067.JPG
View Quote

I was curious if someone could do it yourself but id rather send out to a reputable shop, thanks tho sexy rifle btw.
On ARS website it says “limited FAL work right now” and to email them before shipment.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 4:22:40 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

T Mark Graham.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 2:29:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Seattle206] [#12]
ARS did my Izzy build in early 2023. Took him 4 months total. I used a DSA forged receiver on mine. Opted for the Metacol III finish.

Looks great, shoots great. You will be pleased.

Link Posted: 2/28/2024 3:26:56 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd say Randy at Sledgehammer, but it seems he poofed out.
I'm gonna send my Argy to DSA.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 4:51:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Get a barrel vise, receiver wrench, breaker bar, pin or hole gauges, and headspace gauges (GO and NO-GO) and do it yourself. The tools aren't expensive, and you won't have to ship it, plus you'll have the tools to work on it in the future if that is required. Might have someone nearby who will lend you the tools.

I've built a dozen. They're really not hard to do. If it needs to be refinished, perhaps ARS would be appropriate; if you are fine with the condition of the parts you have, wrench it!
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 12:57:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kmad2001] [#15]
ARS , T. Mark Graham (AKA Gunplumber) is the go-to.  He's a cranky, finicky, prickly SOB and you're probably going to wait nine plus months but is the de facto number one US FAL builder/expert.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 1:37:39 PM EDT
[#16]
I've had ARS/Mark Graham build 5 FALS for me and 'debanned' a 5.56 Springfield fal.

He does top notch work and is worth the wait.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top