Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2024 5:10:18 PM EDT
I purchased a Win. M-70 .308 Win. heavy Varmint from an old retired guy a while back.

It is a heavy rifle with a blued receiver and a 26" heavy SS barrel. I did learn that the stock was made by H-S Precision. It's a black synthetic stock with a full aluminum bedding block.

It easily shoots MOA with my 168 gr SMK's.

Do any of you guys know who made the barrel on these rifles? I can't seem to find that answer.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:22:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:31:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By osprey21:
The 26" stainless barrels were made by Wilson.
View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:38:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nvcdl] [#3]
I had one in .223 - traded it to a friend.

Winchester was selling the stocks as replacement parts pretty cheap so I bought one for my CDNN .308 FN PBR barreled action and it is now my main deer slayer.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:58:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Is it one of the Stealth Model 70's?  If so the barrel is made by Douglas.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:52:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By EdgecrusherXES:
Is it one of the Stealth Model 70's?  If so the barrel is made by Douglas.
View Quote

@EdgecrusherXES   I don't think so. The barrel is roll marked Heavy Varmint.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:51:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a M70 Stealth in 308 that is similar specs to yours.  It can shoot sub-groups if I can do my part usually me holding it back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top