Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2023 10:22:57 PM EDT
Seems like a lot of Model 70's are out of stock, with those newfangled XPR's being abundant.

Sign of the times? Trying to push the more budget models? History repeats itsself?
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 10:37:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Taking shot in dark
As most/all new Winchesters are imported, could be between import batches
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 2:55:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By craig24680:
Taking shot in dark
As most/all new Winchesters are imported, could be between import batches
View Quote

This.  Model 70s are imported in batches and are made in the FN Portugal plant.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 8:18:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Not a model 70 but the new XPR that I bought in the true timber with ceracote barrel and action was great right out of the box and the MOA trigger is the best trigger I have shot in a factory gun.

I would imagine that the model 70, being a more expensive rifle, would be better and probably worth the wait.

I have not seen any model 70s in my AO recently either, but I would imagine you could order one if you have a decent FFL that you go through. My FFL can usually get me firearms that you don't see in the big sporting goods stores.

Good luck and hope you find what you are looking for.

Link Posted: 11/29/2023 8:59:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I kick myself for selling off my Model 70's I bought when I worked at USRA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top