Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:51:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wingsnthings:
Mini14, PTR91

Almost forgot AK 47 under folder.
View Quote

The PTR91s were interesting. A friend worked there for a while as a salesman and the way he talked about them is they came in 3 different versions .

First type when original old man owner ran the shop.
Second type when the old mans kid started taking over from the old man running the shop.
Third type when the kid as boss kicked much of the old experienced work force and tried replacing them with the kids buddies .

Might have been sour grapes because the kid fired the guy I knew but his advise was "never buy a PTR91"
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:48:58 AM EDT
[#2]
HK USP Compact

PTR 91

SIG P226

Tavor SAR (stock trigger absolutely sucks!)

SIG 556 (the original with the ugly handguard and M4 style stock)

Remington 870 Express Tactical

Arsenal SLR-107CR SBR (lots of R's)

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:55:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wayward_Angel] [#3]
Springfield hellcat micro compact.

Felt great in my hands with the 15rnd mag, the manufacturing quality was very good, grip angle was ideal, the coating excellent and it felt like a tight solid quality gun - when I first held and inspected it I totally understood all the hype. Loved the size.  

And then I shot it.

I'm a 240lbs 6'1'' dude, powerlifting is my second favorite hobby, I bench 352lbs and deadlift 551lbs and I could not grip the gun hard enough not to have to regrip it after every single shot which made me very slow. No matter how I gripped it it happened every shot. After 200 rounds I still didn't feel confident enough with it to defend my life with it so I got rid of it and switched back to my G19.

That gun made me learn that micro compacts are much harder to control than I anticipated and that I should stick to my G19 which I shoot SOOOO much better.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:01:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Hellcat
SP5
Kel-Tec RDB
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:20:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:07:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll add PS90 & PSA Rock 5.7 as well
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 6:30:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#7]
Originally Posted By Remington1992:
HK P30. I wanted to love it so much but trigger sucked for a hammer gun even after being upgraded and for whatever reason couldn’t shoot it for anything. Went back to glocks.
View Quote

The P30 was a let down. I bought it because over on Pistol Forum at the time Todd Green had ran 50,000 rounds through one. This was 10+ years ago. I bought a LEM and the trigger was fine, typical LEM trigger, I bought some tritium sights for it and got the grip panels set up but it was always kind of so-so at the range. It was reliable as hell, I had put around 4,000 rounds through it when I started having issues. The breech face was soft and had developed a crack. To HKs credit, they took care of the issue, they replaced the slide and my sights with new versions of both but now I had a miss-match P30 as the slide now had a -1 added to the serial number. I don’t understand why they wouldn’t just put the orginal serial number back on it. It’s not like that serial number on the slide matters here in the US but having a numbers matching HK is important if I were to ever re-sell it. After I got it back fixed I fired around 500 more rounds through and now it just collects dust in the safe. Solid pistol but I just couldn’t get excited about it like I do about my HK USPC and P2000.

A new one to add to the list is the Beretta ARX-100. I bought one used and then ended up picking up an FDE one new. I fired a few thousand rounds through it. I just couldn’t get into it. It is a lot like the FN SCAR and ACR, it doesn’t do anything really better than the AR15 except the stock folds. It’s cool if you just want something different but I found myself having to compromise on a configuration since the handguard was so short. It wasn’t very modular despite having a barrel which could be removed in literally seconds. There is no real aftermarket support and spare parts are very difficult to come by. I ended up not even shooting the FDE example and I traded off my used black one. I wanted to like it and initially during the honeymoon phase I did but it just isn’t that great of a rifle, especially at the initial price, though now the price has dropped on them significantly. I found that I ended up feeling much the same way about the SCAR and ACR except those were even worse because of how much more those were price wise. This is probably why I haven’t dipped my toe into the Sig Spear pool. I have a feeling the experience is going to be similar with the Spear. It’s not that I’m a die hard AR guy, I’m open to new concepts but so far nothing has managed to out perform the AR experience for me.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 5:09:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Traditions Shenandoah.
Over all a nice gun, accurate, decent sights, but it punched me in the face every time i shot it.
couldn't stand the pain.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 5:31:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Sadly, my Dan Wesson Pointman Major 1911. Had to send it back to Dan Wesson (pre CZ). Grip safely didn’t work and has constant failure to eject issues. After I got it back it still can’t make it through a mag or two without failure. I installed a Wilson combat bulletproof extractor. The worse part is it’s one of the most accurate pistols I own.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 8:08:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By VTD:
365x

It all makes sense on paper but I hated that fucking thing. Traded it for a shield plus (which I love)
View Quote

I made this same trade and am more than happy with the Shield.  The only thing the X had going for it is the flat trigger.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 8:57:16 PM EDT
[#11]
AR10.

By the time I put an optic and a can on it, it was so heavy that I hated it. Sold it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 4:45:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Mosin Nagant rifles. Had two 91/30s and an M44...just couldn't get to like them no matter how hard I tried.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 4:48:55 PM EDT
[#13]
A Walther made Walther PPK/S. The first handgun I ever bought, and it sucked.

Link Posted: 4/11/2024 2:31:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Easily, the Smith & Wesson 386SC Mountain Lite .357 Magnum.

I thought this was my grail hip gun for the woods here. It was lovely in the hand but when shooting it, it was brutal. I do mean brutal, and I've fired just about everything an the recoil with factory .357 loads was, simply, unmanageable. Even with .38 spc +p it was unpleasant. Worst barrel flip I've ever dealt with.

Link Posted: 4/11/2024 5:00:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Auto Ordnance 1927 Thompson. Aesthetically it's a work of art. Physically, its heavy, chunky, a pain in the ass to load/reload, and the fun factor wears off quick.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:59:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Probably a tie between the UZI and AUG.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:33:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Staccato p. I think I had mine for about 2 months. Was very underwhelmed. Grip ws too big, wasn’t about to drop $400+ on aftermarket that really would t of been much smaller. Traded it a few weeks ago for a cz 75 sp01 shadow target 2 and a shadow 2. Outran the staccato on my course of fire on my second go around with the sp01 by three quarters of a second.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:14:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Blk99sleekbeak:
Staccato p. I think I had mine for about 2 months. Was very underwhelmed. Grip ws too big, wasn’t about to drop $400+ on aftermarket that really would t of been much smaller. Traded it a few weeks ago for a cz 75 sp01 shadow target 2 and a shadow 2. Outran the staccato on my course of fire on my second go around with the sp01 by three quarters of a second.
View Quote

The Staccato is a great gun but it’s definitely not for small hands. The CZs are awesome in that regard.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:56:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By wsix:
Easily, the Smith & Wesson 386SC Mountain Lite .357 Magnum.

I thought this was my grail hip gun for the woods here. It was lovely in the hand but when shooting it, it was brutal. I do mean brutal, and I've fired just about everything an the recoil with factory .357 loads was, simply, unmanageable. Even with .38 spc +p it was unpleasant. Worst barrel flip I've ever dealt with.

https://www.collectorsfirearms.com/850191/smith-wesson-386sc-mountain-lite-357-magnum-pr58473.jpg
View Quote

lol. I sometimes carry a 340PD in .357 mag. It is 11oz I think. Shooting it is pure pain. I still like it because it is kind of a meme gun. It’s absurd to have that much power in a snub J frame. Especially when you start looking at the numbers. For all the muzzle blast, flame and noise, ballistically it isn’t performing much better than 9mm. I still like it though. On top of that it was about $1,000 and I spent another $400 give or take on a trigger job, a tritium front sight and some CT laser grips for it. It is so light and still pretty small though. With my City Special holster it vanishes. I can wear it with gym shorts. It is my mailbox, take out the trash, and go to the gym gun for me.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 12:27:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:

The Staccato is a great gun but it’s definitely not for small hands. The CZs are awesome in that regard.
View Quote

Indeed, fine firearm. I was just expecting way too much I think. I also don’t think they, the p anyways, is worth what they cost.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:46:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By MK318:

lol. I sometimes carry a 340PD in .357 mag. It is 11oz I think. Shooting it is pure pain. I still like it because it is kind of a meme gun. It’s absurd to have that much power in a snub J frame. Especially when you start looking at the numbers. For all the muzzle blast, flame and noise, ballistically it isn’t performing much better than 9mm. I still like it though. On top of that it was about $1,000 and I spent another $400 give or take on a trigger job, a tritium front sight and some CT laser grips for it. It is so light and still pretty small though. With my City Special holster it vanishes. I can wear it with gym shorts. It is my mailbox, take out the trash, and go to the gym gun for me.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_7292_jpeg-3195680.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_7293_jpeg-3195681.JPG

https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-24-2015/KswWBj.gif

View Quote

Yikes. I found mine for bear defense and the need for a rapid follow up shot is high on the list. My bear defense theory is mass on target x time. Working with my theory, I concluded the .357 was the way to go. Then that ultra light gun slowed down the speed and accuracy of the second shot so drastically that I was working backwards.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top