Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2024 3:53:54 PM EDT
Gun shop estimates under 100 rounds through it. Looks to be in great condition. They claim the guy that bought it buys guns and returns them to try other firearms, but Attachment Attached File
that makes me think it might not be an accurate rifle.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:07:57 PM EDT
[#1]
What happen to the flash suppressor? Is the barrel threaded?
Good looking stock.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:18:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:21:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Need a little more information.  Who made the receiver, are the parts USGI or commercial.  Receiver could be some FedOrd Chicom out of spec paper weight or a forged Smith Enterprise.  Obviously the barrel is not USGI without the threads, unless they were removed.  Gaslock is probably a Smith Enterprise.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:21:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tacklenut:
What happen to the flash suppressor? Is the barrel threaded?
Good looking stock.
View Quote

It’s a NY or CA model with no flash suppressor.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:22:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: XDONX3] [#5]
Originally Posted By blfuller:
Need a little more information.  Who made the receiver, are the parts USGI or commercial.  Receiver could be some FedOrd Chicom out of spec paper weight or a forged Smith Enterprise.  Obviously the barrel is not USGI without the threads, unless they were removed.  Gaslock is probably a Smith Enterprise.
View Quote

It’s a Springfield Armory M1A
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:23:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By intheburbs:
Not knowing the background of the rifle, for $150 more you can get essentially a brand-new rifle from CMP ("Expert" grade).  No sales tax, no shipping charges if they ship to you, and they ship directly to your house - no FFL required.
View Quote

Rifle is a M1A/M14 semi-auto, not a Garand.  I'd be all over that if the CMP was selling M14s.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:05:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep, Springfield NY compliant.  Most of them are loaded models.    I just sold mine to my brother in law.  Mine was actually pretty accurate as compared to some of my other M1As.  $1300 is an ok price, probably about the price it should be.  These originally sold for $1800-1900.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:24:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By XDONX3:

It's a NY or CA model with no flash suppressor.
View Quote
If the cost of decent machine work to make the end of that barrel useful exceeds the value of the money "saved", then it's not worth it.

As a general rule, I've learned this lesson the hard way:  if you buy what you wanted the first time, the sting of the price is quickly forgotten; but if you buy something to cheap out, you will never forget the price you paid or how little was the price difference to what you really wanted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top