Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 12:21:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dwb1987:
I just put one into jail.  What handguards/barrel lengths are you guys using to get it tucked?  I have a criterion core 13.9 laying around from a previous build that never came to fruition.  I think the aero enhanced handguard has a large enough inner dimension, and I think the 15in rail would have the can tucked very nicely, but would like to hear from those that have tucked the fatcat.
View Quote

Tucking cans inside rails is equivalent to cars achieving "stance" with negative camber.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 8:52:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1168RGR] [#2]
I just put one into jail.  What handguards/barrel lengths are you guys using to get it tucked?  I have a criterion core 13.9 laying around from a previous build that never came to fruition.  I think the aero enhanced handguard has a large enough inner dimension, and I think the 15in rail would have the can tucked very nicely, but would like to hear from those that have tucked the fatcat.
View Quote

The Aero bigass rail can tuck the base of the Fatcat, but not the body. You can only tuck just over an inch of it, and make sure you subtract the threads. The 15” would probably work if you’re using a longer mounting system (like YHM Legacy/Kurz), but the 12.7” and direct thread or short thread/taper mount is the easy button. 12.7” rails go really well with 13.9” barrels.

Plus, what KM6 said.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 7:17:09 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

Iam running a 11.5
Ordered a cheap 12.5
We shall see
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 1:06:00 PM EDT
[#4]
OK 11.5 barrel
12.5 rail

Link Posted: 12/21/2023 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Snafu12:
OK 11.5 barrel
12.5 rail

https://thumbs2.imgbox.com/9c/d7/wIY0n3io_t.jpg
View Quote

Thank looks pretty dang good.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:01:22 AM EDT
[#6]
lol, I went to go add one to my cart on silencershop and... woop, out of stock.

Wallet thanks you, whoever got the last one.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:33:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:
lol, I went to go add one to my cart on silencershop and... woop, out of stock.

Wallet thanks you, whoever got the last one.
View Quote

Capitol armory has them in stock
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 4:42:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Snafu12:
OK 11.5 barrel
12.5 rail

https://thumbs2.imgbox.com/9c/d7/wIY0n3io_t.jpg
View Quote

Thanks, that looks pretty good.  What handguard is that?
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 5:02:27 PM EDT
[#9]
https://www.cdnnsports.com/gun-parts/quad-rail-bk-12-5-t-mark-gen1.html
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 7:46:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Have any of you guys had the chance to compare one of these to a Turbo K RB or Turbo T3 yet, for back presssure and blowback?

I'm leaning towards the TK RB I think.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 5:25:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:

Capitol armory has them in stock
View Quote

Thanks, yeah.  I was just bummed about missing the free stamp.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 11:05:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I got to fondle my fat cat today, I know its supposed to be 12 oz or so, but it feels much heavier than that.

Come atf hurry up with my stamps.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 9:12:51 PM EDT
[#13]
My FC arrived this week.  Will get it out soon and test it out a bit when it warms up a tad
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 11:08:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dwb1987] [#14]
My fatcat got approved at 40 days, just built the upper today.  Criterion core 13.9, SLR Rifleworks 13.1 handguard.  Pretty pleased with the gap/fit.  Decided against trying to tuck the smaller portion of the can.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 8:40:36 AM EDT
[#15]
So these were $350 and now they are $600 (SS)? Am I missing something here?
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 8:53:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Form Black Friday till I think the end of December, they were $550 but they came with a free tax stamp. That is why people say it was like $350. Like most place, YHM upped their prices at the start of 2024, that’s why it’s now $600 now.

Mine is still in jail, but the gun shop I use for the transfer lets you use it on their range. I am happy with its performance and tone for the size. I’m glad I got in on the deal.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 9:13:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By doubleshot00:
View Quote

Capitol Armory has them for $550
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 9:16:55 AM EDT
[#18]
iirc battle hawk had the FC on sale recently for $400
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 2:32:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bakke1] [#19]
I submitted everything for one today through SS

Can I use rearden mounts on it? All this suppressor stuff is very confusing to me I get the warranty thing, which is why I’m thinking Srx might be the direction I go.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 7:28:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Bakke1:

Can I use rearden mounts on it? All this suppressor stuff is very confusing to me I get the warranty thing, which is why I'm thinking Srx might be the direction I go.
View Quote
The sRx system works really well.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 8:06:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Very pleased with mine.  Good tone, works well on full auto

Great deal IMO
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 9:39:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Bakke1:

Can I use rearden mounts on it? All this suppressor stuff is very confusing to me I get the warranty thing, which is why I’m thinking Srx might be the direction I go.
View Quote

The SRX hub adapter and muzzle device are nice quality, it’s also going to be really tough to beat how compact it is.

The rearden atlas will work and the shorter devices will be clear of the blast baffle, but you will be pushing the can about 1/2” further out compared to the SRX.

ECCO makes a rearden style hub adapter that is more compact that works with the R2S putting the flash hider basically right up against the blast baffle.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 9:58:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By KM6:

Tucking cans inside rails is equivalent to cars achieving "stance" with negative camber.
View Quote

I'm pretty sure Deltas and SEALs are doing so with the LVAW.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:19:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By doubleshot00:
View Quote

I think they were $550 back in November with a free tax stamp, so folks were saying they were really $350 if you account for the free stamp. I probably would have jumped on that deal if I saw it back then. Now they're $600 + a $200 tax stamp. I'm out for now at that price.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:35:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By ElCazadorBlanco:

I think they were $550 back in November with a free tax stamp, so folks were saying they were really $350 if you account for the free stamp. I probably would have jumped on that deal if I saw it back then. Now they're $600 + a $200 tax stamp. I'm out for now at that price.
View Quote

Modern warrior has a 30% off sale which puts it a little over $400
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 5:00:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNRonin] [#26]
Originally Posted By StaccatoC2:
I got to fondle my fat cat today, I know its supposed to be 12 oz or so, but it feels much heavier than that.
View Quote
I'm thinking the same thing. I need to put mine on a scale.

Also the standard SRX muzzle device will NOT work. I emailed YHM back when I discovered this to ask when they'll have a FH, and all I got was soon. Sigh, I guess I'll partner up the blast deflector.

Weighed my Resonator R2 and fat cat. R2 15.3 oz and FC 13 oz both with the hub installed.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 1:45:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Shot and compared to the resonator R2. Compared, yes the R2 suppresses better, but that was known and documented. BUT the form factor is so much better. No issues accuracy. I had a couple short strokes but that may be gun related since I had to disassemble to soak the rockset. Who knows. I was shooting 62gr  ss109 and it is loaded to spec.

Very happy with the performance. The SRX break sucks badly but the blast director helps a lot.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 12:42:41 PM EDT
[#28]
I like the fact that the end is threaded and there’s quite a few companies making QD attachments in the same pattern. 1.375x24. B&T makes one in that pattern that mates to surefire and B&T flash hiders.

I like locking attachment types like the surefire locking method. My only other 556 can is a Gemtech G5.

Has anyone on here replaced the mount yet for something QD?
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 12:48:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By NachoDip:
I like the fact that the end is threaded and there's quite a few companies making QD attachments in the same pattern. 1.375x24. B&T makes one in that pattern that mates to surefire and B&T flash hiders.

I like locking attachment types like the surefire locking method. My only other 556 can is a Gemtech G5.

Has anyone on here replaced the mount yet for something QD?
View Quote

Just make sure there is clearance internally.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 1:03:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By TNRonin:

Just make sure there is clearance internally.
View Quote

That’s why I am curious if anyone has done it. But the only way I know is to ask.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 1:05:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JerDerv] [#31]

That’s why I am curious if anyone has done it. But the only way I know is to ask.
View Quote

Dimensions are typically listed on manufactures websites. Maybe try looking at them and using that to determine compatibility.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 1:11:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1168RGR] [#32]
Most manufacturers don’t, but YHM includes blast chamber drawings and dimensions on the product page. Make sure you consider the real length of adapters, mounts, threads, etc, not just “length added vs arbitrary thing” that some brands use on their specsheets.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 2:19:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:
Most manufacturers don’t, but YHM includes blast chamber drawings and dimensions on the product page. Make sure you consider the real length of adapters, mounts, threads, etc, not just “length added vs arbitrary thing” that some brands use on their specsheets.
View Quote

Looking for it for the last few minutes and not seeing it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 2:29:40 PM EDT
[#34]

Looking for it for the last few minutes and not seeing it.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/3/2024 2:57:44 PM EDT
[#35]
I had some GA muzzle device compatibility issues with the TK. The Fat Cat has .5" less distance from the thread face to the blast baffle face. Depending on whos HUB and muzzle devices you use you may need something like the GA extended Plan A.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 2:58:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 3:08:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By ian187:
I had some GA muzzle device compatibility issues with the TK. The Fat Cat has .5" less distance from the thread face to the blast baffle face. Depending on whos HUB and muzzle devices you use you may need something like the GA extended Plan A.
View Quote

Currently looking at the surefire adapter from B&T.

Rotex SF hub

I have a good handful of the Surefire flash hiders already.

The visual of the HUB looks like it will fit in the can. The question to me is how much further does the Surefire or the B&T flash hider sit. Continuing research.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 4:04:06 PM EDT
[#38]

Rotex SF hub

The visual of the HUB looks like it will fit in the can. The question to me is how much further does the Surefire or the B&T flash hider sit. Continuing research.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ian187:

Rotex SF hub

I don't know anything about the B&T mount. I had to use mini brakes and FH for a standard Plan A to work with a TK. B&T needs to furnish drawings of the mount unless you want to find out first hand.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 5:39:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zpduff] [#39]
Ran the fat kitty back to back on a couple 12.5s comparing it to Polonium K. Polonium is slightly quieter, Fat Cat has a little less back pressure. Really happy with both K cans.

I will add the Fat Cat has a really short blast chamber. With the YHM Kurz adapter only the mini compensator works.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 12:39:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNRonin] [#40]
Originally Posted By zpduff:

https://i.imgur.com/pjrYBrX.jpg

I will add the Fat Cat has a really short blast chamber. With the YHM Kurz adapter only the mini compensator works.
View Quote

I hate muzzle brakes so bad that I am tempted to cut off the blast deflection of the muzzle brake. And just use it as a thread adapter. But since I've got the blast deflectors I'm just running those. Before I put one on my 16-in I'll cut it off flush I just use it as a muzzle adapter.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:30:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Time for my review.

I put on a readen xl plan b hub adapter on the can. I shot it on my 18 inch gas gun, and it actually improved the grouping of the gun by about 25%. I got this can because of the meme cat but end cap and to have a short can on an 18 inch barrel for comps. It felt hearing safe the whole time I shot it, I put about 60 rounds thru it over 20 mins or so with no hearing protection after about 20 rounds. No ear ringing or discomfort at all. I did get a little gas to the eyes but not too bad, the barrel is a ballistics arm 18 inch fluted. My POA shift was 2 inches lower at 100 yards, compared to my form 1 30 call can which does 4 inches lower at 100 yards. Its not as quite as the form one can, but the form 1 can is 8 inches long and the form one is less gassy  probably due to 30 cal bore.

I also shot it on my 11.5 ar, with no hearing protection there was not ringing but it was loud enough to make me put hearing protection on. Strangely POA shift was 2 inches up and 1/2 to the right.  It was gassier than the 18 which is to be expected, but not too bad.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:08:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By StaccatoC2:
Time for my review.

I put on a readen xl plan b hub adapter on the can. I shot it on my 18 inch gas gun, and it actually improved the grouping of the gun by about 25%. I got this can because of the meme cat but end cap and to have a short can on an 18 inch barrel for comps. It felt hearing safe the whole time I shot it, I put about 60 rounds thru it over 20 mins or so with no hearing protection after about 20 rounds. No ear ringing or discomfort at all. I did get a little gas to the eyes but not too bad, the barrel is a ballistics arm 18 inch fluted. My POA shift was 2 inches lower at 100 yards, compared to my form 1 30 call can which does 4 inches lower at 100 yards. Its not as quite as the form one can, but the form 1 can is 8 inches long and the form one is less gassy  probably due to 30 cal bore.

I also shot it on my 11.5 ar, with no hearing protection there was not ringing but it was loud enough to make me put hearing protection on. Strangely POA shift was 2 inches up and 1/2 to the right.  It was gassier than the 18 which is to be expected, but not too bad.
View Quote

Thanks for the review! I just received another short FH for the SRX. I need to mount it to my 16" BRN-180 and give it a whirl!
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:23:51 AM EDT
[#43]
I settled on Xeno for my first can (Ventum) and purchased a fat cat recently from modern warriors.

Before purchasing I emailed dead air, and the flash hider will extend 1.28” into the blast chamber so will barely fit.  So if anyone is wondering about Xeno + Fatcat it should work without the Xero.  I’ll update once I have it in hand, on the the way to my ffl now.

I’m new to supressors and was wondering if the xero or flash hider would be better for longevity of the first baffle?  I’ve read that muzzle brake -> close tined flash hider -> bare threads -> pronged flash hider is the general order going from least to most hard on the first baffle.  But am unsure if the flash hider end being so close would change that and I’d be better off with an xero even if the birdcage flash hider fits.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:08:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By sticman77:
I settled on Xeno for my first can (Ventum) and purchased a fat cat recently from modern warriors.

Before purchasing I emailed dead air, and the flash hider will extend 1.28" into the blast chamber so will barely fit.  So if anyone is wondering about Xeno + Fatcat it should work without the Xero.  I'll update once I have it in hand, on the the way to my ffl now.

I'm new to supressors and was wondering if the xero or flash hider would be better for longevity of the first baffle?  I've read that muzzle brake -> close tined flash hider -> bare threads -> pronged flash hider is the general order going from least to most hard on the first baffle.  But am unsure if the flash hider end being so close would change that and I'd be better off with an xero even if the birdcage flash hider fits.

View Quote
Was there any mention of the iconel blast baffle?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:18:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Not that I recall.  I think regardless of baffle material the increase or decrease in wear should be in the same order.

I think it was a Reddit thread where jay from pew posted that info, so I think it’s accurate
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:45:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By sticman77:

Before purchasing I emailed dead air, and the flash hider will extend 1.28” into the blast chamber so will barely fit.  So if anyone is wondering about Xeno + Fatcat it should work without the Xero.  I’ll update once I have it in hand, on the the way to my ffl now.

I’m new to supressors and was wondering if the xero or flash hider would be better for longevity of the first baffle?  I’ve read that muzzle brake -> close tined flash hider -> bare threads -> pronged flash hider is the general order going from least to most hard on the first baffle.  But am unsure if the flash hider end being so close would change that and I’d be better off with an xero even if the birdcage flash hider fits.

View Quote

Looking forward to your update. I went with xeno and have a Turbo-k. Looking hard at the Fat Cat.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:20:27 AM EDT
[#47]
I think the Fat Cat is interesting, but I also like the YHM Turbo T3.   Anyone have both and compared them?

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:36:13 AM EDT
[#48]
FWIW I shot my FC, Turbo K RB and Polo K back to back on my 10.5 with AGB and the FC sounded the best through muffs, then the Polo K, then the Turbo.  

I want @andrewking to make the Fat Polo K a thing.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:46:26 AM EDT
[#49]
How much does the fat cat show up in your sight picture with an LPVO?

Does it cast even more of a shadow with a flashlight than a regular suppressor?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:18:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By walldj45:
FWIW I shot my FC, Turbo K RB and Polo K back to back on my 10.5 with AGB and the FC sounded the best through muffs, then the Polo K, then the Turbo.  
I want @andrewking to make the Fat Polo K a thing.
View Quote

Good info, any bystander input?  
The PoloK is supposed to be top of the Kcan pile for muzzle suppression, but not quite as good to the shooter.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top