BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 18
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 6:05:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

This is on my list too. I bought my first one to see how it would work on my 9KT. I wasn't sure I wanted to get into the effort at that point and my F1 came back on my G3K clone, so it got slapped onto that one. I ordered a second one for my 91, and now I will probably order a third and mod that one to fit my 9KT. I know there will be some metal to cut at the tail, and my concern was if there was going to be enough molding left over to still keep things attached on the grip itself. I need to spend a little more time on it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m24shooter:
Originally Posted By Johnny_Longslide:

I currently have the Magpul lower and safety on my 9ct and I like it a lot. I will eventually modify one (Magpul lower) to fit on my 9kt when I have some down time.

This is on my list too. I bought my first one to see how it would work on my 9KT. I wasn't sure I wanted to get into the effort at that point and my F1 came back on my G3K clone, so it got slapped onto that one. I ordered a second one for my 91, and now I will probably order a third and mod that one to fit my 9KT. I know there will be some metal to cut at the tail, and my concern was if there was going to be enough molding left over to still keep things attached on the grip itself. I need to spend a little more time on it.

The HK "K" lower is basically a modified full size lower anyways. So there shouldn't be any issues cutting off the excess metal on the back then drilling holes for the pin on the Magpul lower.

I actually have it all set to modify, just need the time to make sure it's good to go and actually do it. I want to re-measure everything, especially the hole placement on the lower just to be safe.

Link Posted: 9/30/2020 6:50:00 PM EDT
[#2]
My favorite lower is the Ambi lower (pictogram) with the ESSL (enhanced safety/selector lever). In a firing position, you can actually reach the lever with your thumb to flip off the safety and engage the target.

It is the same lower/selector that is shipping with the SP5 and SP5K-PDW.

Link Posted: 9/30/2020 7:07:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By AZgunner:
For MP5 clones (full size, not K) what are everyone's favorite lowers? I'm still pretty new to the platform and am trying to sort through the myriad of options.

The one thing I don't like about my PTR 9CT is the pistol grip. It's... not great, to be kind. Also, the safety selector could be a bit better. I've been eyeballing the Magpul lower and safety, but was curious what you guys think of some of the different options available.

Ergonomically and aesthetically, what should I be looking at for my PTR?
View Quote
Magpul selector if this helps.  It's a lot easier to reach with my thumb than before

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/30/2020 7:11:08 PM EDT
[#4]
So the Magpul will work on a PTR 9CT? Does anyone know if any German HK metal lower housings will work as well? Is there a "better" housing to get?
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 8:05:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Nutro:
So the Magpul will work on a PTR 9CT? Does anyone know if any German HK metal lower housings will work as well? Is there a "better" housing to get?
View Quote

All of the plastic HK lowers are 'better', as real MP5s never came with metal housings... but, with MP5s, it comes down to fashion.  Get the one you like to look at most.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 9:49:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By eodinert:

All of the plastic HK lowers are 'better', as real MP5s never came with metal housings... but, with MP5s, it comes down to fashion.  Get the one you like to look at most.
View Quote

Ah I never knew that. I thought the real HK MP5 came with metal lower housings.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 9:54:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Nutro:
Ah I never knew that. I thought the real HK MP5 came with metal lower housings.
View Quote
Just the semi-auto HK94 and SP89 etc.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 9:10:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Well color me educated. I always thought the MP5 had a metal lower back in the day.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 11:06:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By pokey074:
Well color me educated. I always thought the MP5 had a metal lower back in the day.
View Quote

The G3 originally had a metal lower, which where some of the confusion might stem from. But yes even the first prototype MP5 (technically wasn't even called the "MP5" yet) had a polymer lower.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 11:16:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 11:19:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mak0] [#11]
Originally Posted By TREETOP:

The HK94 was offered to civilians with a metal grip housing and a plastic grip though.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TREETOP:
Originally Posted By mak0:
Originally Posted By pokey074:

The G3 originally had a metal lower, which where some of the confusion might stem from. But yes even the first prototype MP5 (technically wasn't even called the "MP5" yet) had a polymer lower.

The HK94 was offered to civilians with a metal grip housing and a plastic grip though.

Right. It was a change specific to the civilian market HK94 that the real MP5 never had.

ETA: Guess I should specify that it's not something GERMAN MP5's ever had. The Pakistani MP5s I believe did have metal lowers interestingly.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 1:29:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Right. It was a change specific to the civilian market HK94 that the real MP5 never had.

ETA: Guess I should specify that it's not something GERMAN MP5's ever had. The Pakistani MP5s I believe did have metal lowers interestingly.
View Quote
The POFs are the same.  Metal for the semis and polymer for the SEFs.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 5:31:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DarkJoker33] [#13]
My century arms c308 clone

Link Posted: 10/11/2020 12:51:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#14]

Can someone fix these links for I am un-tech...

Link Posted: 10/11/2020 4:22:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 5:44:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarlosC] [#16]
My contribution. The G3 is an early Century that I've had for 16 years. Most of the guts are stamped HK and it has a Green Mountain barrel. Surprisingly accurate. I threaded the barrel years ago and installed a YHM flash suppressor, but just recently installed the HK-type.
After a few years of having it, I kept reading about what garbage the Century G3s were and how unreliably they performed, so I bought 500 rounds of the worst ammo I could find at the time, Pakistani surplus, from Classic. This stuff was so bad, some of the primers were installed sideways or backwards. It's a wonder they didn't detonate, but it was dirt cheap. Some of the projectiles were crooked. After screening and throwing away the worst ammo, I tried all sorts of combinations with Paki ammo alone, and mixed with Russian, South African surplus, and US-made ammo but never had a malfunction.
I paid under $400 in 2004 and have had no problems, so why get rid of it?
The MP5 is from PTR. It's bone stock, except for the brace, but I'd like to eventually get a Franklin Armory trigger for it.

Link Posted: 10/11/2020 6:22:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By CarlosC:

I paid under $400 in 2004 and have had no problems, so why get rid of it?
View Quote

I still have mine as well, bought it in 99  for I believe something like 250 bucks,  built on a stainless steel receiver. it function and shhots perfectly. unlike a lot of people who hacked off the muzzle brake as soon as the AW ended and putting on a FH, I didn't.  the brake helps tremendously on reducing the recoil

Link Posted: 10/11/2020 6:38:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Uncle_Billy:

https://i.imgur.com/vbat48u.gif

I still have mine as well, bought it in 99  for I believe something like 250 bucks,  built on a stainless steel receiver. it function and shhots perfectly. unlike a lot of people who hacked off the muzzle brake as soon as the AW ended and putting on a FH, I didn't.  the brake helps tremendously on reducing the recoil

https://i.imgur.com/1v5wSUK.jpg
View Quote

Very nice. Mine never had an attachment on the barrel as it was actually unthreaded, so once the ban ended, I figured - why not thread it? The taper was too much to go with the 15mm HK, but there was enough steel to cut a 1/2x28, so that's what I did. I used an YHM FS originally meant for 5.56 and drilled it out for a .30 projectile. At that time, I don't believe there were a lot of choices for attachments anyway. Only recently did I find the current FS from HKParts.net, which mimics the original style, fits on 1/2x28 and can accommodate any size projectile up to 9mm.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 6:52:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Uncle_Billy] [#19]
Originally Posted By CarlosC:

Very nice. Mine never had an attachment on the barrel as it was actually unthreaded,.
View Quote

the brake is the kind CENTURY  put on the HK clone and their CETMEs, which was was also built on SS receivers. which I also bought and still have

the nice thing is the CENTURY HK clone function perfectly with CETME mags., ............unlike now, back then G3 mags were going for 50 bucks for a beat up one and a lot more then 50 bucks for new ones, CETME mags were 8-10 bucks................ then the bottom drop when they imported a gazillion G3 mags in early 2000s and you could pick them up for 1 or 2 dollars each BRAND SPANKIN' NEW

you  should have read the crying and moaning  about the major price drop of those mags over on HKPRO, when their precious mag they paid big money for, wasn't worth spit

Link Posted: 10/14/2020 11:54:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EHilderbrand] [#20]
My POF-5. I love it. I wish I could just find more POF Magazines and an A3 stock that’s not $800.00

Link Posted: 10/14/2020 1:08:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Uncle_Billy] [#21]
800 bucks?  

HKPARTS.NET has them in stock for the low, low price of 500 bucks plus shipping

https://hkparts.net/product/mp5-hk94-a3-f-retractable-rear-stock-german-p168.htm
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 1:11:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Uncle_Billy:
800 bucks?  

HKPARTS.NET has them in stock for the low, low price of 500 bucks plus shipping https://i.imgur.com/FGsIRKg.gif

https://hkparts.net/product/mp5-hk94-a3-f-retractable-rear-stock-german-p168.htm
View Quote

That's the newer "F type" A3 stock. The older A3 stocks go for $800+ if you can find one.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 9:45:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Uncle_Billy] [#23]

That's the newer "F type" A3 stock. The older A3 stocks go for $800+ if you can find one.
View Quote

that's nice to know . 800 bucks for a stock, is more then what I paid for my VECTOR V53 when it was pistol

Link Posted: 10/15/2020 4:29:13 AM EDT
[#24]
My little "K" ... runs like a top Atlantic AA93K w/ my 3 lug gemtech

Bobcat BM5 - Probably around 15+ years old now.  Took a lot of new parts to get this to run 100%. HK and RCM...cringe to think of what's invested over the last 15 years.

Link Posted: 10/15/2020 10:46:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Early ATI imported MKE and a zenith z5p.  Love these things!  They have all been perfect!
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By EHilderbrand:
My POF-5. I love it. I wish I could just find more POF Magazines and an A3 stock that's not $800.00

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50481047841_6b615ebdc8_h.jpg
View Quote
@EHilderbrand Atlantic has 2 packs of POF mags in stock.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 5:25:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Dunderway:
View All Quotes
My POF-5. I love it. I wish I could just find more POF Magazines and an A3 stock that's not $800.00

How do they compare to HK mags? They're not all that much cheaper than the HK mags, but enough so to make me consider them.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 6:44:12 PM EDT
[#28]

How do they compare to HK mags? They're not all that much cheaper than the HK mags, but enough so to make me consider them.
View All Quotes

They work good, but don't seem to lock up as tight as the HK mags.  They were obviously a much better deal at $35.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 8:58:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Finally got this to work correctly
My c308 clone

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 2:33:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 4:48:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Terrato] [#31]
Updated my case layout a little bit. 15s in the closed pouches, 30s in the open, suppressor in the horizontal pouch.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/21/2020 2:05:46 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't want to clutter up the forum with another thread, so figured I'd ask here: what is everyone using for quality mag pouches for 30rd MP5 magazines? Preferably something MOLLE to go on a plate carrier.
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 2:46:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#33]
What is everyone using for quality mag pouches for 30rd MP5 magazines? Preferably something MOLLE to go on a plate carrier.
View Quote
I still use these old SDS pouches. There are a bunch on eBay now for $17.95

Only the steel 30 round mags will fit in them.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/22/2020 6:34:30 PM EDT
[#34]
I don't want to clutter up the forum with another thread, so figured I'd ask here: what is everyone using for quality mag pouches for 30rd MP5 magazines? Preferably something MOLLE to go on a plate carrier.
View Quote

I use these from 5.11 Tactical. You have the option of using the bungee for silence or the velcro cover for the ultimate in retention. They were $20 on Amazon. The OneTigris tag is for the pouch above it.

Link Posted: 10/23/2020 6:46:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Villafuego] [#35]
Originally Posted By exotic-toys:
Bobcat BM5 - Probably around 15+ years old now.  Took a lot of new parts to get this to run 100%. HK and RCM...cringe to think of what's invested over the last 15 years.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/123546/fullsizeoutput_19ea-423008.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/123546/fullsizeoutput_19e6-423005.jpg
View Quote

Don't see a lot of the Bobcat guns anymore..... I pre-ordered mine in 2003-4 (?).... got the 5th one made..... It took an HK bolt/carrier to get it to run....but was 100% after that. The fit/finish did leave a bit to be desired..but there weren't a lot of MP5 clone options back then (sorry for the 16 year old shitty pic.....cameras, like MP5 clones, have gotten a lot better since then)
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 1:48:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Solo_] [#36]
Not a clone in most ways but still; I'm loving this

Attachment Attached File

(Ruger 10/22, cut barrel, pinned FH, Nomad shell, real Hensoldt Dual Optic)
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 11:03:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: raygixxer89] [#37]
For MP5 clones (full size, not K) what are everyone's favorite lowers? I'm still pretty new to the platform and am trying to sort through the myriad of options.

The one thing I don't like about my PTR 9CT is the pistol grip. It's... not great, to be kind. Also, the safety selector could be a bit better. I've been eyeballing the Magpul lower and safety, but was curious what you guys think of some of the different options available.

Ergonomically and aesthetically, what should I be looking at for my PTR?
View Quote

Out of all the ones that I've handled my favorite is the OEM one that comes with the Zenith pistols. I guess the little thumb ramp fits me perfectly. the others just feel too plain and blocky to me.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 1:02:19 PM EDT
[#38]
The .22 clones count?  I can play there too.  This is one of the Walther G36 .22 rifles.  Currently wearing a real full-length G36 handguard, a cheap Sig 55x clone flash hider, and one of the old Ops Inc metal rails.  That rail was a total bitch to install. I also messed around a bit with airsoft accessories, like stocks and other carry handles.  Total waste of time and money, don't bother.  I need to get the shorter G36C stock and swap it for that long monster that it has.  Shoots pretty nice otherwise though.

Finally got the rest of the parts for my Omega UMP build yesterday.  Planning to do the eForm today.  The UMP is definitely lightweight, but handling it has a "chonky" feel, not as smooth as the heavier MP5.  The design is like the bastard child of an MP5, an AR 9mm, and a G36.  Can see why they weren't the runaway success HK hoped for. That said, I'm glad this one is mine, back 20 years ago I never would have believed a UMP pistol clone -> SBR project would be possible.

Yes, I use crappy Amazon optics on my toys.  Maybe someday I can afford to put an Aimpoint T1 or Holosun whatever on every gun, but for now, cheap red dot is better than no red dot.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 6:50:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Jealous of that ump clone.
I want to try and get one next year
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 3:36:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Solo_] [#40]
Originally Posted By Findsman:
The .22 clones count?  I can play there too.  This is one of the Walther G36 .22 rifles.  Currently wearing a real full-length G36 handguard, a cheap Sig 55x clone flash hider, and one of the old Ops Inc metal rails.  That rail was a total bitch to install. I also messed around a bit with airsoft accessories, like stocks and other carry handles.  Total waste of time and money, don't bother.  I need to get the shorter G36C stock and swap it for that long monster that it has.  Shoots pretty nice otherwise though.

http://www.findsman.com/arfcom/walther_g36.jpg

Finally got the rest of the parts for my Omega UMP build yesterday.  Planning to do the eForm today.  The UMP is definitely lightweight, but handling it has a "chonky" feel, not as smooth as the heavier MP5.  The design is like the bastard child of an MP5, an AR 9mm, and a G36.  Can see why they weren't the runaway success HK hoped for. That said, I'm glad this one is mine, back 20 years ago I never would have believed a UMP pistol clone -> SBR project would be possible.

http://www.findsman.com/arfcom/ump.jpg

Yes, I use crappy Amazon optics on my toys.  Maybe someday I can afford to put an Aimpoint T1 or Holosun whatever on every gun, but for now, cheap red dot is better than no red dot.
View Quote
Love what you've down with your HK .22LR G36; have been looking for one for months. Just found one.

I am more a fan of shorter barrels, so will go route of the kurtz; how hard was it to install the real steel longer hand guard on yours?

PS bidding on a real IDZ stock (it'll go on my T36 on order with Tommy Built) and for now this airsoft version fit decently

G36K .22LR Custom Made by SoloDallas, on Flickr

Link Posted: 11/8/2020 9:51:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By SoloDallas:
Love what you've down with your HK .22LR G36; have been looking for one for months. Just found one.

I am more a fan of shorter barrels, so will go route of the kurtz; how hard was it to install the real steel longer hand guard on yours?

PS bidding on a real IDZ stock (it'll go on my T36 on order with Tommy Built) and for now this airsoft version fit decently

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/326068/DD505630-5C4D-4D97-A4FE-7D0C7C54CBF3_jpe-1675376.JPG

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SoloDallas:

http://www.findsman.com/arfcom/walther_g36.jpg

http://www.findsman.com/arfcom/ump.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/326068/DD505630-5C4D-4D97-A4FE-7D0C7C54CBF3_jpe-1675376.JPG

The handguard was a direct swap, the only easy part to any of it. Pin out, handguard off, new handguard on, pin in. Done!

I had one of those IDZ airsoft stocks and ended up throwing it out, it flopped around like mad.  I want to try one of the adjustable KV stocks but between being unsure of how compatible they are and the almost $400 they run, I may just try the C stock.

The T36 is pretty sweet, I’ve thought about getting a receiver but the special tooling and insane kit prices have kept me away so far.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 9:00:24 PM EDT
[#42]

The handguard was a direct swap, the only easy part to any of it. Pin out, handguard off, new handguard on, pin in. Done!

I had one of those IDZ airsoft stocks and ended up throwing it out, it flopped around like mad.  I want to try one of the adjustable KV stocks but between being unsure of how compatible they are and the almost $400 they run, I may just try the C stock.

The T36 is pretty sweet, I've thought about getting a receiver but the special tooling and insane kit prices have kept me away so far.
View Quote

getting my real IDZ in a couple of days; will install either onto this 10/22 wannabe or on the upcoming (to me) Umarex G36 like yours; I am going to have its barrel cut however and then pinned just like the one above. I am perpetually infatuated with the look of the G36K

This 10/22 jammed like no tomorrow today with CCI stingers; I read it's the mags.

Can't wait for the Umarex; never loved subpar makers of toys.

Link Posted: 11/19/2020 12:50:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Solo_] [#43]
While uncertain (still) about the essence of this as a clone (it's another .22LR) at least this one has HK's logo - made by Walther in the "fatherland".

I modified this one so it could receive the real Hensoldt Dual Optic (I have two; The other one is sitting on the Rifle above) and I decided to add to this one of the IDZ Stock - A real one this time.I also got rid of the airsoft one above on the other rifle.
Much likely I'm going to cut and pin  this barrel as well, I just like the K version more.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/19/2020 1:09:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: exotic-toys] [#44]
Originally Posted By Villafuego:

Don't see a lot of the Bobcat guns anymore..... I pre-ordered mine in 2003-4 (?).... got the 5th one made..... It took an HK bolt/carrier to get it to run....but was 100% after that. The fit/finish did leave a bit to be desired..but there weren't a lot of MP5 clone options back then (sorry for the 16 year old shitty pic.....cameras, like MP5 clones, have gotten a lot better since then)
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/55482/mp5-1649580.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Villafuego:
Originally Posted By exotic-toys:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/123546/fullsizeoutput_19ea-423008.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/123546/fullsizeoutput_19e6-423005.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/55482/mp5-1649580.jpg

You certainly don't, but mine runs fantastic and I would estimate probably 3000-5000 rounds and yes, HK/RCM parts made it run like a top.
Did you preorder from Atlantic back then?  Thats where mine originally came from and yea, probably that 03-05 range.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 1:43:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Villafuego] [#45]
Finally done with this one........ finding a Turkish 3 position lower was harder than I anticipated

Link Posted: 11/28/2020 9:17:43 PM EDT
[#46]

Ptr91 K
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 9:21:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 4:05:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Solo_] [#48]
So happy of how it came out I bought another one (all real German parts)

HK G36 in .22LR by SoloDallas, on Flickr
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:48:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Aphex] [#49]
Deleted
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 5:33:22 PM EDT
[#50]
It's cooler without it
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top