Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2024 11:51:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: terry_tr6]
1.5", .065 wall SS tube, 1st baffle is steel cone, then 3 aluminum K baffles, I used a piece of 1.25" aluminum tube to make a 2.5" long spacer for the flash chamber, it's 1/8" wall with a dozen holes drilled in it. Official length is a bit over 8" to make the barrel + tube with welded barrel adapter a legal 16.25".  I intend to pin and weld to the barrel.  0.360 holes in the baffles.  Way good suppression with subsonics over unsuppressed.  Next step before I weld to barrel is to compare it to my EVO Harvestor. Then as time permits, make up a set of come baffles and compare to the K's.  ended up at 19oz.
My intent is to convert my 8.5" BO pistol  (+  suppressor) to a 16" including suppressor rifle.
Picture to follow once I get one uploaded
https://photos.app.goo.gl/kZqhwsbkMvRFFAVr5
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 12:01:34 PM EDT
[#1]
In for pictures!
How long did your form take to process?
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 12:44:08 PM EDT
[#2]
just under 4 weeks
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 2:37:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Very interested in pics. In my experience, an 8" tube would allow for much more than a cone and 3 K's, especially when used for subsonic rounds.
Is there a muzzle device built into this?

as time permits, make up a set of come baffles and compare to the K's
View Quote

I'd phrase this so it doesn't sound like you're making replacement parts.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 6:23:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Yea, agree. Still want to compare the sound to the factory can which is cones and about 6.5". Then I can file away the info for the next form 1....
When you think about it, each k baffle looks like it should give more suppression than each cone. And it doesn't show, but the back side of the muzzle is also a cone
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 8:04:58 PM EDT
[#5]

I'm helping
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 10:44:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: User55645] [#6]
Just by that pic, cones are going to blow your mind. I don't see how those K's are doing much. The geometry and ports are all incorrect (for an efficient design). That spacer isn't helping you either. I'm not trying to put you down. If you're happy, then, like I said, you'll go crazy with all cones.

If you'd like some design/dimensioning help on the next one, let us know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top