Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2023 7:53:27 PM EDT
I broke the illuminator cover on my I2 so I ordered the neutral density filter for it from TNVC.

Attachment Attached File

when it arrived, I installed it and was concerned about how tight it was and that I was afraid it would break.
Attachment Attached File

compared to the original
Attachment Attached File

I checked with TNVC and they said that it was the correct part

After doing some digging into this I found that you did receive the correct part it just does come that way from Steiner. It is able to be stretched but we ourselves had have to take some extra patience when putting any on our lasers here. I apologize for the delay, did the filter work out for you or would you like to try it and see now that you know it is the correct one? Please let me know and I can assist any way possible for you
View Quote

well, the next time I tried to put the ND filter over the illuminator, it tore.  TNVC said they would check with Steiner and did send me a replacement.  that one tore before I was even able to stretch it into place.

where can I just get a cover for it, not an ND filter since they don't seem to be the right cover for my 9007?
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 8:12:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack_Of_Some_Trades] [#1]
I wonder if this is the reason why the ND filter doesn't fit.

all the marketing photos of the 9007 with the IR illuminator seem to show a short knurled section like this one.
Attachment Attached File

but all the 9007 photos I see in the wild show a longer knurled section.
Attachment Attached File

did the design change but they not correctly offer two different ND filters, depending on if you have the short illuminator or the longer one?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:38:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Were you able to find the correct cover for the 9007 illuminator?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:48:47 PM EDT
[#3]
never did.  and TNVC went silent on this as well.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:24:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:16:08 PM EDT
[#5]
PM sent
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:07:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I got one that's about to break any day now, too. On it's last couple shreds of cracked rubber holding it together.

Sending PM as well..
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 12:09:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 12:17:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Cool thread I was wondering why some were long barrel and some not. Mines the short one and I need a cap.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:04:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TNVC_Will:
@Jack_Of_Some_Trades

@LowplainsWindage

Just want to let you guys know that I am still working on this with Steiner. As soon as I get the correct P/N and ETA I'll contact you both and reply here.

I also updated the website to list the NDF as the "short barrel" version.

Thanks for your patience
View Quote

thanks
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 8:36:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TNVC_Will:
@Jack_Of_Some_Trades

@LowplainsWindage

Just want to let you guys know that I am still working on this with Steiner. As soon as I get the correct P/N and ETA I'll contact you both and reply here.

I also updated the website to list the NDF as the "short barrel" version.

Thanks for your patience
View Quote

Thanks, Will!
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 6:55:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Will] [#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top