Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2013 11:41:00 AM EDT
I shot my first match.   It was a 3 gun match built around pistol, shotgun and pistol caliber carbine.    In that I don't have a carbine, I shot the carbine stages with my pistol.   They did let me shoot for appropriate range for the pistol.

Overall, I didn't get DQ'd or hurt.   That makes it a victory.   2 major areas to work on were shotgun loading and pistol marksmanship.   I had way too many misses on the targets.   These were targets that I could hit 95% of the time on a "square range".   In the run and gun, I might not have made 50%.   Lots of the basics crapped out on me.  Do I just need more square range trigger time or do I need to get a timer and some steel targets and practice that?
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 8:49:42 PM EDT
[#1]
It's the timer - shots that are easy for the average shooter on a square range become exponentially more challenging when the clock is running. Shoot lots more USPSA pistol and 3-gun matches to immunize yourself against clock-pressure. When you practice, do so with a shot timer and keep track of your performance (accuracy and speed). Shooting without time pressure is just plinking
Top Top