Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2014 9:25:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bosundave]
I mean an A-Z guide? WHat I am doing now is very complicated and it would be so great if I had some general guidence.

I have TWO low mass projects. I have two differnt weight carriers..the JP low mass SS (black melonite..VERY good looking!) and the Smith Enterprises alloy 3,4 oz carrier from the 80' or 90's. Never been used.
Bolts: JP Enchanced and AR Performance Bolt (nitrided). Both now have 100% Silicon wire extractor and ejector springs from David Tubbs and NO O rings or D rings in the extractor assembly. These are among the very best(strongest) bolts money can buy.I plan on getting ever part in eh BCG coated with some Electroless Nickle something or other

The SMITH carrier is in an 18" barreled project. Ambi EVERYTHING! 45 degree safety, DI..Keis adjustable gas block..middy, Carbon Poly upper and lower, CF AP customs 15 inch tube fore arm, 1-3x  Weaver with medium high rise mount and cat tail. Geiselle 3G SD trigger, .5.9 lbs complete wit no mag.

The JP carrier is in a 14.5 incher with Carbobn Poly upper and lower, AA gas piston system, Mid length, Samson 12inch rail with extension to permanent muzzle brake.
POF EFP modular trigger. 1x rectangular red dot. 6.15 lbs complete with no mag.

The AA Piston gun IS adjustable for gas flow just like the Keis is for my DI gun. Only the AA has much more coarse adjustments.

I have two JP captured springs should that be the best route to take.
I have one 4 spring pack of different strength springs for the JP CSS(Captured Spring System)

I have many buffers and buffer spring lengths and configurations.

I have been mucking about for a long time looking for that magic combination that gives the absolute best performance.

Its very subjective. I have changed my parameters to comparing target group sizes of time vs group size which is the true test of the best combination.

I dont recall seeing any very specific guide to optimizing low mass set ups given all the available; combinations.

My goal is to use the lightest brake possible to achieve the best results. It is my thoughts that the real heavy brakes like the Titan are counter productive because of the pendulum effect during swinging your barrel to attain multiple targets.

My brake choices are the light but not ultimately effective (like the heavy Titan) Spike DynaComp and the PRI MSTN QC

I have not neglected TECHNIQUE and GUN CONTROL either. I have practice hard on these skills. BUT, I still dont have the guns at a level such as this:

http://youtu.be/YBaRRuPBM9c

I WANT that level of recoil and am confused why it eludes me on either gun!

EDIT: I tried embedding the video. Fail. Somebody tell me how, then. All I can do is link it. For now. But THAT is some low/no recoil from an AR-15. looks like a .22!
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 12:00:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Top Top