Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2023 9:36:47 AM EDT
so...I been shooting Steel Challenge. I used to shoot SASS. Thinking maybe a stroll through USPSA. Dumb enough to start out with a 4953 Smith. Cause its what I got in a service pistol. And it runs great. What I dont got is appropriate belt and holster. Show me the way! Also...first ever thread topic and I been here a minute. I figure belt and mag holsters would carry over to whatever service pistol I stop on.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 9:54:01 AM EDT
[#1]
In my not so humble opinion.  Unless you are master class, fancy belts and ammo holders are a waste if money.  A good stiff duty belt and Uncle Mikes ammo holders will do you just fine.  

Holster are a little different.  But I would get a Safariland retention holster so you can use it when you go to three gun.  And I still find them plenty fast.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 9:55:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 11:59:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks. I'm collecting info so I can make a less stopid choice on how to proceed. I got a good belt, not super worried bout mag carriers. But a holster for a 5943 is mo' difficult
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 1:01:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:30:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Looked at glock 17s over the weekend. Not a huge glock guy, but the upside is pretty good. We know if the Gen 5 has the beavertail backstrap like G44 does? Like they ALL should? While comtemplating shooting PCC as an alternative to the belt gear issue, I looked at JP rifles. Imma gonna need a bigger bank account
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 10:41:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Belt wise I prefer the double alpha brand.  They seem to be well made and stiff.  The stiffer they are the less it will flex when you draw.  Only been a problem for me when I used a couple light bearing holsters with a couple other brands that weren’t as stiff.  A lot of the guys at least in my area will keep extra gear for newer guys to use at matches to figure out what they want/need.  With USPSA matches don’t get hung up on keeping up with Jones’s.  Every club I’ve shot with pretty much doesn’t care about what pistol you are running.  As long you are safe and having fun.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 8:45:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Thank you. I curently a super stiff EDC belt and bought a left handed Serpa holster. I'm learning to be left handed. I bought a holster and got no USPSA toys to put in it lol
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:34:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Suggest a Safariland rig rather than swimming upstream.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 1:03:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SteelonSteel] [#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RugRat:
Suggest a Safariland rig rather than swimming upstream.
View Quote

I bought an Safariland ELS belt.   Am considering a ratchet buckle mod.   I like everything about the set it up and nothing moves except you can swap out holster and pouches on basically kydex buckles.   I fight with the two prong buckles connection.  It’s behind you aNd I feel like I am going to pull a muscle getting it secured.  I’ve had it pop off too as I likely didn’t get the prongs in all the way.   The velcro inner belt held everything up but damn that I had to fight the prongs again.

I have mine set up where I can swap out between a 1911 and a Shadow 2.  Heck I could put several other holsters on it too it I wanted.  All the Safariland current molded holsters use the same screw together with tilt set up.
Top Top