BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 2:56:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BMSMB:

With you trying to get Master, try the Steve Anderson approach of "What would a master do right now" when you're trying to get motivated to train
View Quote

He would stop making excuses and get back to daily dry fire.

More to the point I know I can make master, even dare say without a shit load of additional effort, but not practicing is a good way to ensure I might not make it….
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 3:00:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Never_A_Wick:

He would stop making excuses and get back to daily dry fire.

More to the point I know I can make master, even dare say without a shit load of additional effort, but not practicing is a good way to ensure I might not make it….
View Quote

With winter coming to an end, it's a good time to work towards the goal! I really need to add live fire, but the snow/ice/mud are killing my motivation to go out to the home range
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 3:03:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By BMSMB:

With winter coming to an end, it's a good time to work towards the goal! I really need to add live fire, but the snow/ice/mud are killing my motivation to go out to the home range
View Quote

I’m going to try really hard to just force myself back into the habit.

Once I get it worked into a regular regimen, then I’ll stay on the wagon.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 3:14:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Never_A_Wick:

I’m going to try really hard to just force myself back into the habit.

Once I get it worked into a regular regimen, then I’ll stay on the wagon.
View Quote

You've got this! You've already put in a ton of work, so I dont doubt you'll be able to get there
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 2:23:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I haven't gotten a chance to upload anything recently, but here's January's local match.

Otero Practical Shooting Association January 2024 USPSA Match

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:33:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SV650Squid:
I haven't gotten a chance to upload anything recently, but here's January's local match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6EJf9QNWqE
View Quote

Looks like fun!

We should be moving to outdoors in another 3 weeks or so, looking forward to it.

Shooting indoors gets old and takes forever.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:38:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I posted this in another thread but its relevant here.

I picked up a vr trainer that you use with an aculus head set (acexr). Pretty slick, for the price of a couple cases of 9mm I can practice in my living room. I was hesitant at first to drop the coin but I was very suprized at how immersive and realistic it is.

Has multiple stages and skill drills you can practice in, allows you to move in a stage, shoot around cover, reload ,throws in a malfunction every now and then and even has head to head competitions and fun stuff like zombies and drones.

Although it doesn’t have recoil I’ve found it’s spot on for developing sight alignment, follow through and transitions. Basically  a step above dry fire… It shows the same issues I see when im live firing. The vr system does a very good job of tracking hand/wrist movement.

Spent about an hour last night on plate racks, movers and clam shells. Good practice and stress relief.

It’s also cool to see how your times stack up to other users including sone very well know top end competitors.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 1:17:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I just got into shooting local matches last summer and have shot indoors thru the winter.  I found that Acexr for the oculus to be pretty helpful.  I even draw from my competition holster.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 1:53:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By sdc360:
I posted this in another thread but its relevant here.

I picked up a vr trainer that you use with an aculus head set (acexr). Pretty slick, for the price of a couple cases of 9mm I can practice in my living room. I was hesitant at first to drop the coin but I was very suprized at how immersive and realistic it is.

Has multiple stages and skill drills you can practice in, allows you to move in a stage, shoot around cover, reload ,throws in a malfunction every now and then and even has head to head competitions and fun stuff like zombies and drones.

Although it doesn’t have recoil I’ve found it’s spot on for developing sight alignment, follow through and transitions. Basically  a step above dry fire… It shows the same issues I see when im live firing. The vr system does a very good job of tracking hand/wrist movement.

Spent about an hour last night on plate racks, movers and clam shells. Good practice and stress relief.

It’s also cool to see how your times stack up to other users including sone very well know top end competitors.
View Quote

There’s been some discussion on it and the consensus is that your focal depth never changes, and it hurts the ability to target focus, so I’m not interested in it.

I can see how it would assist with transition stuff.  But I can do that with targets taped to the wall, too.

I would need to try it but my suspicion is that it’s no better than conventional dry fire and might actually be harmful.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 3:53:20 PM EDT
[#10]
No doubt it has it limitations and even downfalls but I think combining it with actual live fire has helped me in a couple areas (most specifically breaking my wrist/vertical stringing).

I look at it like only practicing smoke and hope in steel challenge, it’s fun but it will also develop some bad habits if your not careful.

The other item that has best helped my pistol shooting is an mgm spinner. Something about the technique needed to get the thing over has really helped my double taps and timing.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top