Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2023 6:22:01 PM EDT

After watching that ferfal video, he swears the 320 id single action, which is no bueno as I read the rules.

I see plenty of guys shooting a 320 in CO.

What gives?
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 6:30:11 PM EDT
[#1]
its fine and will be fine with magwell in the new limited optics division
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 6:32:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Short answer yes it legal if you remove the magwell
By definition it’s a single action because the trigger only does 1 function, which is it releases the striker, but so does a Glock,  it by rule they’re both allowed in CO
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 8:39:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By supercomp:
Short answer yes it legal if you remove the magwell
By definition it’s a single action because the trigger only does 1 function, which is it releases the striker, but so does a Glock,  it by rule they’re both allowed in CO
View Quote

Thanks, but:

Appendix D7, Special Condition 1

Safe action/Striker fired

Is that an either or? Because the 320 id not safe action.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 10:36:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I shoot a match a month at least and there are 20 or so guys every month shooting a sig in carry optics.  I believe that striker guns are considered double action as they cock the partially cocked striker then release it hence the double action
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 6:31:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By reelserious:
I shoot a match a month at least and there are 20 or so guys every month shooting a sig in carry optics.  I believe that striker guns are considered double action as they cock the partially cocked striker then release it hence the double action
View Quote

Safe Action is a Glock term (was probably trademarked back in the days).

A P320, XD, M&P, Canik, Glock w/ Performance or Timney trigger, etc all have fully cocked strikers. The trigger pull only releases the sear an deactivates internal safeties. They are “safe actions” because there are means of preventing a striker from hitting the primer if it slips without pulling the trigger due to various internal safeties.

The traditional Glock trigger does fully cock, deactivate internal safeties, and releases the striker with a trigger pull.
Top Top