Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2022 1:36:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Slu54]
I got a new to me WOA NM A2 upper sighted in today. Need some help as this is the first NM-type upper I've used:

+ What is the per click angle on rear sight windage? How many MOA per windage click?
+ What is the per rotation angle on front sight post? I don't know if this thread is finer than a regular A2 FSP. I have a tapered 0.052" FSP, so it only times once per full rotation. How many MOA per rotation?
+ I think rear sight elevation is 0.5 MOA per click, correct me if I'm wrong.

I am roughly sighted in at 100yds but I'm about 1 MOA right (the rear is mechanically dead center) and 1/3 MOA high, I don't know the best way to adjust dead center.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 1:45:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ziarifleman] [#1]
The front sight gives a little less than 5 MOA per revolution.

WOA uses, or used to anyway, an elevation wheel that was 1/2 MOA on one side and 1/4 MOA on the other. You could disassemble them and have it whichever way you like.

Windage was either 1/2 or 1/4, depending on how you ordered it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:21:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Urimaginaryfrnd] [#2]
Call them
I selected 1/4 MOA but I think most are 1/2 MOA.
Their WhiteOak Precision website has a lot of info on it. Link. Pinned rear sight, they also have non—pinned
Here
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:33:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Slu54] [#3]
Thanks both of you.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Urimaginaryfrnd:
Call them
I selected 1/4 MOA but I think most are 1/2 MOA.
Their WhiteOak Precision website has a lot of info on it. Link. Pinned rear sight, they also have non—pinned
Here
View Quote

Damn I didn't even notice those set screws, good call on the website, should've read that before going out. Rear sight is pinned.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:55:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Most sights are 1/4 x 1/4 or 1/2 x 1/2

Front sight full rotation is about 1.75 moa if I remember right. NM front sights are generally sloped so you have to go full rotation up or down.

I've always come up 2-3 min from bottom on rear and adjusted front for 200 elevation zero.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:11:00 PM EDT
[#5]
5 MOA per front revolution.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 6:37:44 AM EDT
[#6]
As previously mentioned, one complete turn of the front sight blade is 5 moa.
Jon
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 7:06:37 AM EDT
[#7]
You probably can’t adjust to dead center windage without rotating your front sight base, which is a laborious and hit or miss process when you’re that close.
I think you just have to accept mechanical zero is two or four clicks left depending on click adjustment.
Same with elevation,
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 5:12:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Mechanical zero is not an absolute. It is a starting point for fine-tuning.
Jon
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 12:37:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Just remember when setting mechanical zero move the front site toward the strike, a small rubber mallet can be useful in getting/keeping the site flush against the set screws when making very small turn adjustments, 1/8 turn. If you can get within 4 clicks you've done pretty well.
Top Top