Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2023 12:12:21 AM EDT
Have gotten in to USPSA Pistols. Having fun but want a better belt set up than my battle belt. Any recommendations on good brands to get a decent belt set up for around $250?
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 2:57:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Belt
Shooters connection belt is nice and still and cheaper than most other

Mag pouches
I like the safariland 771 or the cr speed, they’re both older designs and don’t have the bling of the newer stuff, but they hold up well to abuse, and are fast and secure

Holsters
Depends on you division
Open, limited or LO, ghost evo, Guga ribas, safariland are all good
I run blade tech in everything else

In general I don’t DAA holsters, I’ve used them before but prefer the stuff listed above

BTW I shoot in master class in open, limited, production and PCC
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 3:53:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I have black scorpion gear
You can get the whole set up including holster for around 200.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 4:59:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I would recommend a DAA Lynx belt with a ratcheting buckle.

Easier to use, more rigid than the "flexible" belts.  More adjustability, can tighten down to your needs with the ratcheting buckle.  If you get really fat or lose a lot of weight, you can remove links easily.  Lots of colors and you can mix and match.

https://benstoegerproshop.com/deluxe-daa-lynx-belt-kit-with-ratchet-lead-devil-inner-belt/

For a holster hangar, I like Henning hangars, either the T-1000 or T-800.  They are fairly expensive though, if you want something a bit cheaper the BOSS hangar is also nice.

https://benstoegerproshop.com/t-800-holster-hanger-by-henning-group/

I like DAA magnetic mag pouches.  Bullets out design which is my preferred orientation, they are simple to assemble and use.

https://benstoegerproshop.com/daa-bullets-out-magnetic-pouch-by-double-alpha/

Holster is pretty subjective.  I have a GX Vice holster.  But the lead times are long and inaccurate, and the communication is bad.  Red Hill Tactical and Comp-Tac are a couple of other choices.

Despite my Avatar and links, I am not Ben Stoeger nor affiliated with Ben Stoeger Pro Shop.   I just buy a lot of stuff there because prices are good and they ship fast.  There are other sources to buy if you hate Ben  Shooter's Connection, etc....
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 10:13:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Double alpha is great, I run there outer belt, for the inner I use a blue alpha hybrid edc belt. I like it because it’s basically infinitely adjustable.  Mag carriers you can go as high end as you want or run krydex ( Amazon ) or black scorpion or the nicer double alpha stuff. They all work, just depends on the money you want to spend.  

I have one of my belt set ups that still has Amazon krydex pouches in it and they work great and have had thousands of mags in and out of them and they still work fine.

But the niceties and advantages of the double alpha pouches are great
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:54:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BMSMB] [#5]
I've been very happy with my Esstac enhanced shooters belt. As far as competitive shooting goes, it's the only one I've ever used, and I've never felt the need to try anything else. It's comfortable and plenty stiff enough... took me from C to M in under 2 years.

If you're just getting the belt set up, get a 40 degree mag pouch with a magnet, and then the 3 mag pouch (spaced) will be all you need... unless you're shooting production, then you may need a few more.

I run a Red Hill Tactical holster on a BOSS holster hanger. I picked up a cam lever to quickly change tension, but thats not needed. I would prioritize the holster hanger as well... it helped my draws quite a bit.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 2:04:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sdc360] [#6]
I recently picked up some stuff from temu.. more out of curiosity than anything else.

Inner and outer double Alfa style belt for 9 bucks and an adjustable double Alfa style mag holder for 8… I was pretty shocked at the quality, looks like it came out of the same factory.

Not a China fan but if price is a concern it’s an option.

Also ordered a safari land style shot shell caddy for 23 bucks… back plate was plastic vs. aluminum on my existing ones but it functions well for less than half the price.

If your running a heavier pistol or load out on a Velcro style belt the ratcheting buckles are a life saver. Got dq’d when my belt came off crawling through a tube on a stage… learned my lesson the hard way. Carbon arms Carry’s them.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 11:36:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Ben Stoeger's Pro Shop generally has everything you need. I recommend just gettting a legit USPSA belt as they're relatively inexpensive and easy to use. I got the ratcheting system for mine and makes it easier to use for me.

IF you want to stick with a "combat" style belt, I like the Blue Alpha belts.

For pouches I like the DAA Racer or Ghost pouches. For a pouch that works well on the combat AND competition style belts, the MARS mag carriers are nice.

Link Posted: 11/7/2023 1:34:57 PM EDT
[#8]
For the Belt itself I'd go to Shooter's Connection - Their belt is inexpensive and works well.  I add an M2 inc. ratchet belt kit onto it and it's lastest the longest out of any belts I've used.

Holster hangar and first mag pouch - Henning Group - T-1000 or T-800.  Then you can just buy shuttle assemblies and swap over holsters in less than a minute.  Rob10 is 10% off the entire site always!

other mag pouches - Guga Ribas has worked really well for me over the years.  I use a GR pouch with a Henning adapter for it currently.  Ghost is a good budget option, but I've broken them.  I'm hard on my gear lol

Here's a video reloading off henning pouches - Henning Group pouches reload

Holster itself I typically go GX Products - You will wait for this so you can pick up a comp-tac or similar in the meantime while you wait and then sell it or keep as a backup.

Hope that's helpful!
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 1:44:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By GITDC:
Have gotten in to USPSA Pistols. Having fun but want a better belt set up than my battle belt. Any recommendations on good brands to get a decent belt set up for around $250?
View Quote

Setup will depend on the division you shoot, but you can get USPSA specific rigs from shooters connection or Ben Stoeger pro shop.

I’ve used a pretty wide gamut of setups. Limited division race rigs with magnets and race holsters, to more subdued setups.

Definitely get a 2 piece belt system.  Not a huge fan of race holsters. I prefer setups that don’t take a ton of practice if I switch divisions. Bucket holsters on a drop, mag pouches behind the hip.  About the only difference between my rigs is a magnet if the division allows it.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 4:23:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shomestyle] [#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By xXGearheadXx:

Setup will depend on the division you shoot, but you can get USPSA specific rigs from shooters connection or Ben Stoeger pro shop.

I’ve used a pretty wide gamut of setups. Limited division race rigs with magnets and race holsters, to more subdued setups.

Definitely get a 2 piece belt system.  Not a huge fan of race holsters. I prefer setups that don’t take a ton of practice if I switch divisions. Bucket holsters on a drop, mag pouches behind the hip.  About the only difference between my rigs is a magnet if the division allows it.
View Quote

For all divisions magnets are allowed and gear placement is not restricted to behind the hip anymore.  That was a 2021 change and was intended to allow people to shoot divisions like production and Carry optics from AIWB setups.

What does remain were the spacing requirements from the inside of the inner belt of width of a CC (production, carry optics, etc.) or length of a CC (limited, open, etc.).
Top Top