BCM
User Panel

Page / 20
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:47:13 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think this just shows the Survival guys that in a time of extreme SHTF, walking around with an AR is really stupid.  You will just get shot or it will be confiscated because in an extreme disastor the government will declare marshall law.  Survival forum and other people have wet dreams about wearing their high speed low drag gear and tricked out AR when the SHTF, but its all a pipe dream.

You obviously don't know shit/haven't been reading the survival forum.

No kidding.  That is exactly what you WON'T find in there.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=123&t=387179

I could keep going very easily, would you like me to?

And I have been there many times.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:47:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Friday, September 9, 2005
Corpses, guns found in New Orleans homes

Article published Sep 9, 2005

By midmorning, though, there were no immediate reports of anyone being taken out forcibly, police said.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright © 2005
The News & Record
and Landmark Communications, Inc.

Like they are going to tell anyone if they do (force people out)

NOPD already had a shaky reputation - every other agency involved deserves to have their actions indelibly etched in everyone's mind.

"Ich bin ein New Orleaner"

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:47:18 AM EDT
[#3]
The "forced evacuation" makes NO FUCKING SENSE to begin with.  

The waters are receding, and some areas, as we have seen from posters right here on AR15.com, are not under water.  

It is time for people to begin filtering back in to clean up their homes and get on with rebuilding.  

Now we all know that when individuals challenge the power of the government, government will always up the ante and use force to retain its power.  

This is just another nail in freedom's coffin.  

Order more ammo boys, and buy some kevlar for Christmas.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:47:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:47:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It's probably already been asked, but how do the cops/NG know who has firearms and who doesn't?

The NYT article states "legally registered firearms".

Does LA or New Orleans require all firearms to be registered? Or is it one of those things where a person has to apply to the police cheif and obtain a seperate permit for each handgun purchase?
Or do CHL holders have to list each carry gun on their permit?
Or did they pull a "Red Dawn" manuver and go through the 4473's of gun shops in the area?

It's the NYT.  They can't fathom the notion that legal guns haven't been "registered".

ETA: I stand corrected.
http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=97850
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:48:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
GO HERE To contact your Congressmen

CONTACT YOUR SENATORS, FIND THEIR NUMBER HERE

DON"T BE SHEEP!
Tell them you  are ashamed of their inaction.

We must let them know their constituents feel about this shameful repression of American Citizens.
There is nothing illegal about doing this, in fact it is our duty.

CALL NOW, DO IT NOW!

Done ......

I sent this: to Chip Pickering (Mississippi)

I know this isn't happening in our state(yet), but I must voice my complete digust with the events taking place in New Orleans. Citizens are being forced to give up their only means of protection(firearms). has hurricane Katrina wiped away the 2nd amendment like it did Waveland, MS?

I understand the police do not want to be fired upon, but the general population is just supposed to stand un-protected? An action that will NOT prevent the police from being fired upon by thugs? I also understand there is an emergency situation, but do flood waters erase personal freedoms?

Please take steps to prevent this from happening MS and please see what can be done to uphold the 2nd amendment in all states in the United States of America.

Thank you for your time.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:49:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The "forced evacuation" makes NO FUCKING SENSE to begin with.  

The waters are receding, and some areas, as we have seen from posters right here on AR15.com, are not under water.  

It is time for people to begin filtering back in to clean up their homes and get on with rebuilding.  

Now we all know that when individuals challenge the power of the government, government will always up the ante and use force to retain its power.  

This is just another nail in freedom's coffin.  

Order more ammo boys, and buy some kevlar for Christmas.  

On the news, I saw a woman removed from her home by force. The streets were dry, no flooding in that area.  it's all BS ....
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:50:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:51:20 AM EDT
[#9]
No registration in Louisiana.  They apparently went to gun stores and pawn shops to get 4473's.  There was no other logical reason to pry burglar bars off the doors of secured gun shops.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:52:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I wonder what the duck and deer hunters will say now?

My bet...nothing.

Nothing because the authorities are not restricting duck and deer hunting. This is not their fight. Now when the govt is shutting down deer and duck hunting grounds, the hunter crowd are expecting all the other gunners to weigh and help them protect their hunting grounds.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:53:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Hopefully when this all shakes out, the Maya and the Guvna will be held accountable for their cowardly failures as leaders.  It would be great to see legal indictments.  Any po po's who abandoned their jobs should be charged as well.

As far as the NG confiscating guns, the excuse will be the same old "we don't want them falling into the wrong hands."  I can't wait until some nimrod has an AD ND with a confiscated gun or worse gets caught pilfering something taken from a private residence.

When the Deleware river flooded and blocked the entrance to our development, I sent my wife and kids to higher ground and stayed to stand watch against  looters.  Thank God they didn't do a mandatory evacuation, etc etc.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:54:50 AM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted

Police and soldiers seized numerous guns for fear of confrontations with jittery residents who have armed themselves against looters.

"No one will be able to be armed. We are going to take all the weapons," Riley said.

And they think that will make the average citizen SAFER?  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:54:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Quoted:
(referring to JeffersonDarcy) Good, one LEO with integrety, I didn't think there were any left.

Any more LEO's willing to step up and do the same?

Come on, speak up.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Migradog replied:

Go back and read the first page.

My apologies to Migradog... OK, here's two LEO's with integrety.  So far, I am counting them on one hand.

Yeah, nothing like when there's some LEO bashing.  Then they show up in droves, and circle the wagons.

I'll say it again, LEOs are not your friends when it comes to the second amendment.  They will always have firearms, 2nd or not.  There is no incentive for them to put their ass on the line for what's right.  

I'll give the NOPD the benefit of my doubt that the 200-300 that walked deserted because of this.  The rest of you doorkickers are dispicable human beings, traitors, and thiefs.  Treason is punishable by death, and the Nuremburg syndrome is not an excuse.  Think about that the next time you disarm a LAWFULLY ARMED LAW ABIDING AMERICAN CITIZEN!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:56:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I wonder what the duck and deer hunters will say now?

My bet...nothing.

Nothing because the authorities are not restricting duck and deer hunting. This is not their fight. Now when the govt is shutting down deer and duck hunting grounds, the hunter crowd are expecting all the other gunners to weigh and help them protect their hunting grounds.

Yeah, but they are confiscating Lever action 30-30's and 30-06 bolt guns ... not just black bullet hoses.

Most of them evacuated though .... so they probably don't give a damn.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:57:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
On Thursday, in the city's well-to-do Lower Garden District, a neighborhood with many antebellum mansions, members of the Oklahoma National Guard seized weapons from the inhabitants of one home. Those who were armed were handcuffed and briefly detained before being let go.

Which unit?

www.omd.state.ok.us/Units/

Wonder how their hometown feels about their "heroes"?

How Ironic that they use the Constitution in their imagery...

How 'bout it Okies? Any of you guys know if the big kahuna gave this his blessing? (or are they "just following orders")

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:57:44 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I have a question for those that think every cop down in NO is a traitor.

If you were an LEO and were sent or worked in the NO area. You were given orders to go and help secure the city. You have heard the reports of all the looters and armed gangs roaming the streets shooting at targets of opportunity.

You then come upon some people with a gun, would you confiscate the gun, or let them go on their way? Now remember, there may be no way to determine if the idividual with the gun is the legal owner, or is even supposed to own a gun in the first place.

...the Germans had to make the same decision in the Warsaw ghetto...
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:59:10 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is this day 1 of the next Revolution?

I DOUBT THIS COUNTRY HAS ENOUGH GRIT LEFT FOR ANOTHER REVOLUTION.

A revolution couldn't happen with anyone from here, because if anything started to get organized it would be locked by page 2...
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:00:17 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's probably already been asked, but how do the cops/NG know who has firearms and who doesn't?

The NYT article states "legally registered firearms".

Does LA or New Orleans require all firearms to be registered? Or is it one of those things where a person has to apply to the police cheif and obtain a seperate permit for each handgun purchase?
Or do CHL holders have to list each carry gun on their permit?
Or did they pull a "Red Dawn" manuver and go through the 4473's of gun shops in the area?

http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=97850

Thanks. MA has the same bullshit requirement.

Fuck'em. If there's ever a SHTF scenario here, they'll have to find me first.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:01:58 AM EDT
[#19]
I'll know in the future that if a mandatory evacuation is ordered in my area; the missus will load the front half of the Yukon with children and pets, I'll load the back end with.... the other children and pets....

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:02:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:03:01 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I have a question for those that think every cop down in NO is a traitor.

If you were an LEO and were sent or worked in the NO area. You were given orders to go and help secure the city. You have heard the reports of all the looters and armed gangs roaming the streets shooting at targets of opportunity.

You then come upon some people with a gun, would you confiscate the gun, or let them go on their way? Now remember, there may be no way to determine if the idividual with the gun is the legal owner, or is even supposed to own a gun in the first place.

In Iraq, our troops deal with this every day and the citizens are allowed to have AKs!!!!  Read Micheal Yons blog.  He has an account on there where a recon team is sneaking through a farm.  The farmer walks out onto his porch with an AK.  They disarm him and question him.  The farmer thought the recon team where theives.  They give him his AK back.  As they head out, the team leader gives another guy an "atta boy" for being so disciplined.

I will repeat myself for clarity.  Our Active Duty and NG forces in Iraq allow Iraqi citizens to possess AKs and work around their possesion by the law abiding.  Here in the USA, in NO, they are forcibly disarming peacable Americans.  WTF????????
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:04:29 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anyone know of any good patriot discussion forums, where you can call a spade a spade?

dittmantechnologies.com/temppics/brick-small.jpg

Yup.  The very same forums that people around here like to ridicule all the time.  Namely, assweb and frugals.

+1...there has been so much BS said about assaultweb (a place I have belonged to for a long time) for years on here. I hope those that made comments about us "loonies" over there will step up to the plate and say they were wrong...
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:05:12 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

What am I to do? I'm dead serious. Am I to fight back? Am I to kill those who are trying to disarm me? Here's the problem: I realize that our founding fathers went to war over FAR less. The problem is, they didn't do it alone. This wasn't 30 people pissed off over taxes. They mobilized ALOT of people. Not everybody was on board, but they certainly had enough people on their side who agreed with them.

We all like to say "From my cold dead hands". Unfortunately, faced with the prospect of defending my rights ALONE with lethal force when they come knocking on my door, I fear that my hands will be cold. And dead. One lone nut job, who starting killing people trying to confiscate his firearms. Is this how is has to be? Does anybody think that the disarmament will cease after a handful of dead bodies are found? Lord no. I'd likely be overwhelmed with force - and dead. Alone.

How exactly do NOPD know where the guns are? Registration lists. Case in point: never, NEVER register ANY gun, ever for any reason, ever. Oppose any and all attempts to impose mandatory or back door registration. Finally, never allow anybody to take your guns. Resist by any available means. Band together with other gun owners facing confiscation. Make sure the price taken against the jackboots so terrible that they won't ever even think of doing it again.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:05:28 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Quoted:
GO HERE To contact your Congressmen

CONTACT YOUR SENATORS, FIND THEIR NUMBER HERE

DON"T BE SHEEP!

Done and thanks for the easy link.....God Bless Texas.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:06:01 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is this day 1 of the next Revolution?

I DOUBT THIS COUNTRY HAS ENOUGH GRIT LEFT FOR ANOTHER REVOLUTION.

A revolution couldn't happen with anyone from here, because if anything started to get organized it would be locked by page 2...

Ain't that the fucking truth
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:06:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:07:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Police and soldiers also seized numerous guns for fear of confrontations with jittery residents who have armed themselves against looters.

"No one will be able to be armed. We are going to take all the weapons," Riley said.

On Thursday, in the city's well-to-do Lower Garden District, a neighborhood with many antebellum mansions, members of the Oklahoma National Guard seized weapons from the inhabitants of one home. Those who were armed were handcuffed and briefly detained before being let go.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:08:46 AM EDT
[#28]
I'd just like to add my opinion

I hope I don't get the STFU because I'm from the UK.
I sympathise with you guys it sounds like a terrible mess over there. I have had some expierience with having guns confiscated after they were banned here. A great difference from a SHTF situation I agree but the process of removing the guns is still heart wrenching. We had to deliver our handguns to the local Police Dept by a certain date. If not you'd get a visit and they would "Take" them. If you did not surrender the handguns it would be an arrestable offence with minimum 5 year penalty. Now I ...being a law abiding citizen handed them in.

What good would it have done for me to shoot the LEO who was just following his superiors orders?

It's not the LEO on the street who is your enemy it is the law-makers just the same as it is over here.

I cringe when I read about people advocating that to shoot an LEO who tries to take your guns is just fine. He probably does not want to but it's his Job. He needs to feed his kids too.

I admire 99% of the cops out there and their job is hard enough already without the people you are trying to help...are trying to shoot you.

Your battle over these issues must be taken through the courts...people MUST have their personal property(guns) handed back after the situation returns to somewhere near normal.

Your guns are your personal property and your fight must be with the system not the poor LEO on the street.

If I had not handed my pistols in I would not have the "privelidge" to own the rifles that I do have. Our laws suck and it's only going to get harder for us. I hope you guys who have a greater percentage of the population owning guns can fight the fight with numbers and voting.

Here in the UK we shooters are a minority and we get shafted all the time. We fight and we fight hard but we aint got the numbers to make it count. You guys can make a difference but killing cops aint the way forward.

Cheers

Taffy

It only takes one person to shoot an LEO while he is trying to remove guns from civilians then there will be problems way down the line for everyone

Any spelling Nazi's can EMS
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:10:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Holy Shit!!! Are any of you watching FOX - The City Attorney just said,  that they have no evidence of soldiers or any members of the NO Police "kicking in doors" and removing people...and...evacuation by force has not been used.

YOU LYING BITCH!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:12:29 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Holy Shit!!! Are any of you watching FOX - The City Attorney just said,  that they have no evidence of soldiers or any members of the NO Police "kicking in doors" and removing people...and...evacuation by force has not been used.

YOU LYING BITCH!!!!!!

First amendment out the window.  Check!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:12:29 AM EDT
[#31]
The city has no evidence because they are incompetent morons, the same jerks who said there was no disorder at the superdome.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:12:33 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Police and soldiers also seized numerous guns for fear of confrontations with jittery residents who have armed themselves against looters.

So they're seizing weapons and then letting people go?  I thought the idea was seize weapons from those being forcibly removed from the area...

So what exactly is the mission?  Relocation for the peoples' own good or confiscation of weapons?

What are they doing with the weapons?  Is there any provision for returning them?  Will they be "lost"?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:13:23 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

YOU LYING BITCH!!!!!!

Also just showed an interview with a NOPD officer saying "most of the holdouts are delirious
and mentally incompetent".    Nice spin on things, make it sound like it's for their own good.

This just keeps getting worse.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:13:55 AM EDT
[#34]
There are many lawyers on this board...

Assuming that monetary concerns were eliminated, what is the possibility of getting a federal injunction against the elected scumbags in Louisiana?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:14:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Like someone said a few days ago, drop some water, turn out the lights and see how quickly the thin veneer of society (and our freedoms) is stripped away.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:15:03 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I sympathise with you guys it sounds like a terrible mess over there. I have had some expierience with having guns confiscated after they were banned here. A great difference from a SHTF situation I agree but the process of removing the guns is still heart wrenching. We had to deliver our handguns to the local Police Dept by a certain date. If not you'd get a visit and they would "Take" them. If you did not surrender the handguns it would be an arrestable offence with minimum 5 year penalty. Now I ...being a law abiding citizen handed them in.

What good would it have done for me to shoot the LEO who was just following his superiors orders?

It's not the LEO on the street who is your enemy it is the law-makers just the same as it is over here.

I cringe when I read about people advocating that to shoot an LEO who tries to take your guns is just fine. He probably does not want to but it's his Job. He needs to feed his kids too.

I admire 99% of the cops out there and their job is hard enough already without the people you are trying to help...are trying to shoot you.

Your battle over these issues must be taken through the courts...people MUST have their personal property(guns) handed back after the situation returns to somewhere near normal.

Your guns are your personal property and your fight must be with the system not the poor LEO on the street.

If I had not handed my pistols in I would not have the "privelidge" to own the rifles that I do have. Our laws suck and it's only going to get harder for us. I hope you guys who have a greater percentage of the population owning guns can fight the fight with numbers and voting.

Here in the UK we shooters are a minority and we get shafted all the time. We fight and we fight hard but we aint got the numbers to make it count. You guys can make a difference but killing cops aint the way forward.

Cheers

Taffy

It only takes one person to shoot an LEO while he is trying to remove guns from civilians then there will be problems way down the line for everyone

The Differnce is that when your cops take the weapons they are not voilating a  Consistutionaly protected right.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:15:03 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Names. Take names. After (if?) this mess is over, everyone involved in this debacle needs to be reminded of their statements & actions. Especially come election time.

This stuff should dog their careers permanently.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:16:42 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=123&t=387179

I could keep going very easily, would you like me to?

And I have been there many times.

Nice try but you fail.  that is a thread about 3-day bags, something used in evacuation like you might do before a hurricane...

But hey, don't let facts distract you from your broad-brushing...
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:17:20 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Also just showed an interview with a NOPD officer saying "most of the holdouts are delirious
and mentally incompetent".    Nice spin on things, make it sound like it's for their own good.

This just keeps getting worse.

Yup. Just like in a court of law, kill their character first, what a (typical) cheap shot tactic from a third rate outfit.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:18:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:19:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Foxnews alert: Forced evacs are not going to be implemented.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:20:05 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

The excuse of following orders, when the orders are contrary to an oath, illegal, unethical, and immoral, is an invalid excuse, and a willing participation in wrongdoing.

No, I don't want to see cops who are taking these firearms shot.  If they do choose to enforce these orders, I would rather see them tried in a court of law, convicted, and an appropriate punishment administered.

What I would rather see is individual officers disobey the orders, and relieve of command or arrest those giving the orders.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:22:47 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

So what, they are still disarming citizens on their own property.   Just because they let them stay after disarming them doesn't make me feel much better.  But at least it's a step.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:23:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Yep, now the "holdouts" are "delirious" with "dehydration" and "don't even know their own names."  

I bet they all have child porn and sawed-off shotguns too.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:24:16 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cheers

Taffy

The Differnce is that when your cops take the weapons they are not voilating a  Consistutionaly protected right.

+1 I just read in the Manchester news where they are planning on banning Airguns in the UK becasue they are "dangerous". Not the same situation here at all, although I do not advocate lethal force again LE.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:24:37 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

NUREMBURG LIVES IN THE MINDS OF THE SHEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny that you'd mention NAZI's.............

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:24:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:25:09 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Sure, now that they've take the guns, rescind the initial order.  This scenario stinks like what is, SHIT.  The only reason they had for knocking on peoples doors was to evac them forcibly, right.....right
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:25:53 AM EDT
[#49]
my advice is to fight back now so you don't have to fight back later. use your vote and influence now so you don't have to use your rifle later. as said above, now is the time to email and write your congresscritters and state reps. and vote their asses out of office if they don't bend to your will.

Quoted:
Please don't skip over this. I need an answer.

We've all wondered for the longest time what we would do if gun confiscation came to pass. Well, here it is - sort of. There are a bunch of residents in NOLA being forcefully disarmed. The rest of us are safe.

I live in the country. I made a conscious decision to do so, as I have grown weary of the pitfalls that accompany life near large cities. The likelyhood of being faced with disarmament is much lower here than it is in larger cities. Still, it has become painfully obvious that I may be faced with a choice, and we all know what that choice is.

What am I to do? I'm dead serious. Am I to fight back? Am I to kill those who are trying to disarm me? Here's the problem: I realize that our founding fathers went to war over FAR less. The problem is, they didn't do it alone. This wasn't 30 people pissed off over taxes. They mobilized ALOT of people. Not everybody was on board, but they certainly had enough people on their side who agreed with them.

We all like to say "From my cold dead hands". Unfortunately, faced with the prospect of defending my rights ALONE with lethal force when they come knocking on my door, I fear that my hands will be cold. And dead. One lone nut job, who starting killing people trying to confiscate his firearms. Is this how is has to be? Does anybody think that the disarmament will cease after a handful of dead bodies are found? Lord no. I'd likely be overwhelmed with force - and dead. Alone.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:26:09 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So what, they are still disarming citizens on their own property.   Just because they let them stay after disarming them doesn't make me feel much better.  But at least it's a step.

I would feel better if they evicted them after disarming. At least then their real motives would not be as transparent.
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top