[#1]
Did somebody say "Queen of Battle"?

Link Posted: 2/24/2010 1:27:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
B co 3/32 Nov 92 - Feb 93

US Army Infantry -

Everything else is just support

yeah, yeah. When you pick up the radio you want it to work right? That was me..Co D/35Th Sig Bn.  MOS 31M.
Link Posted: 2/24/2010 2:38:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah right, my commo didn't do shit for me. 11b/commo/mechanic/every other bullshit job. Thanks for the help big Army.
Link Posted: 2/24/2010 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
No discs or cords or other assorted trinkets, but I was an 0311.

Can I play?

No need Devil Dog - we wouldn't want to cause an inferiority complex.

C'Ya
B
'86 - '95

Link Posted: 2/24/2010 2:54:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
"If you ain't Cav, you ain't shit"

Scouts Out!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Whatever you have to tell yourself.  

Here's a scout:  "We do everything the Infantry does... sniff... sniff."  
Link Posted: 2/24/2010 2:58:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Funny thing, I was always in a line/infantry unit but was the RTO (31C).  So I not only had to do everything the 11B's had to do (with the same loadout) but had to carry the damn radio, and 2 extra batteries adding 40lbs to my load.  After a year of that I convinced the 1st SGT I could train a pivit to be the RTO if he would let me do something else...  What did I agree to?  Yea, I went and qualified on the M2B.  So I went from an extra 40lbs of radio equipment to an extra 80lbs of heavy machine gun equipment.  That was the moment I learned to never complain.
Link Posted: 2/24/2010 3:55:06 PM EDT
[#7]
11B, 11M, 11Z,  Aug 1982 to Aug 2008, 26 years, was the best job in the world.
Link Posted: 2/26/2010 10:03:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Funny thing, I was always in a line/infantry unit but was the RTO (31C).  So I not only had to do everything the 11B's had to do (with the same loadout) but had to carry the damn radio, and 2 extra batteries adding 40lbs to my load.  After a year of that I convinced the 1st SGT I could train a pivit to be the RTO if he would let me do something else...  What did I agree to?  Yea, I went and qualified on the M2B.  So I went from an extra 40lbs of radio equipment to an extra 80lbs of heavy machine gun equipment.  That was the moment I learned to never complain.

Sometimes you just cannot win...
Link Posted: 2/27/2010 11:40:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just keep telling yourself that crunchie. You aint armor you aint shit. You hold the ground we take.

Say again over?

hmmmnnn...seems to be a window washer...er, i mean, a crewchief here!

You there, spark chaser.  Go chase sparks!

Link Posted: 2/27/2010 12:04:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
if your uniform doesn't include the blue infantry cord... you are a grunt supporter!
http://www.flyingtigerssurplus.com/images/products/bg2143.jpg http://www.armystudyguide.com/content/moxiepix/b1_1756.jpg

NOW GET DOWN AND BEAT YOUR FACE BITCHES!!!
blood on the risers

I agree

Link Posted: 2/27/2010 1:42:00 PM EDT
[#11]
OORAH!!!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2010 1:57:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Tanker, tanker don't be blue,
tinker bell was a fairy too,
If I had a low IQ,
I could be a tanker too!
Link Posted: 2/27/2010 2:02:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/27/2010 2:42:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My first post.

I do not have to tell you who won the war. You know, the artillery did.
                                                          Gen George S. Patton

REDLEGS!

DATs are always saying stupid shit. And cannon cockers will believe anything they hear.

Us gun bunnys can't hear.
Link Posted: 2/27/2010 2:45:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

what radio were you packing?
Link Posted: 2/27/2010 2:53:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I hate sand hill. And I'm back here again for mech leaders.

it is a nasty place. just left there in december..............

Link Posted: 2/28/2010 6:45:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
No chord, but as a medic for some grunts, I was told I sure as hell should get one, lived with em, trained with em, fought with em. Good nuff?

more then good nuff and thanks for your service my brother!!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2010 6:52:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I though artillery was the "Queen of Battle" - isn't that a term from WW1 or something?

Always, I'm not sure I like the Navy guys referring to me as a "Queen" of anything.

Arty's the king of battle.

agreed, think Chess, the King can move anywhere but 1 square at a time, The Queen can move anywhere but can move 6 squares at a time.

Link Posted: 2/28/2010 7:05:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Forget you guys...

I can't do 11B...

I'm 25B i'm the guy that makes sure you can do your email and pron....and also makes sure you can do the video back home to the wifey and girlfriend.

I never signed up to do infantry. I wanted to do something that would be useful.

I would do airborne just to get the wings......but 11 series and all infantry was not my call.

But I do salute and admire those that did it.

Corp of engineers and Signal Corp....

Link Posted: 2/28/2010 7:11:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
anyone know what Mc Crazy is talking about?

I think it's like a pokemon "gotta get 'em all" thing.

except the men and women that earn THESE should be proud as hell of every damn one of them!

Link Posted: 2/28/2010 7:19:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yeah right, my commo didn't do shit for me. 11b/commo/mechanic/every other bullshit job. Thanks for the help big Army.

I didn't even know our brigade had commo until 6 months deep they sent us one that knew radios but didn't know satcom or sipr.  His job was to fix sipr....so...yeah, fuck us.  When I became an RTO I had to teach myself everything without a fucking manual and no one else knew SHIT.

I don't understand how we managed to survive.  Just about everyone at my platoon COP (remote as FUCK) had to use their civilian skills to help keep us afloat.  Electrician, mechanic, commo....  We had a cook and no food.  They sent a generator mechanic with no tools (for a week) they sent commo with no extra wire even when we explained that the wire was shot (literally) and we needed a new one (and yes we did splice many, couldn't with this beast).  

They dropped us bricks and cement to build a shitter.  Luckily we had a former mason with us.  Unfortunetly for the first several months we couldn't build anything because most of the bricks were broken in half and the cement had all been left out in the water (sent ruined in the bag).  When we finally got that shit figured out the mortars dropped rounds with charge 2 instead of 3 and obliterated the shitter.  We got a washing machine but we didn't have running water.  We filled it with dirt and put it in a Hesco.  

Sure we got MREs and water bottles airdropped, most floated away and fed the Taliban, the ones that didn't burn in still had to be hiked to to recover.

Sometimes it really feels like there's 1 way to be a soldier and support yourself and 211 other ways to wear ACUs.
Link Posted: 2/28/2010 7:33:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
if your uniform doesn't include the blue infantry cord... you are a grunt supporter!
http://www.flyingtigerssurplus.com/images/products/bg2143.jpg http://www.armystudyguide.com/content/moxiepix/b1_1756.jpg

Until your AA is on your right sleeve, you're exactly squat to me.  I did Sand Hill in 95 (D/1-19).  And while we're having a dick measuring contest, I'll throw this out for you...I've done the enlisted/NCO Infantry bit, I was a Cav Scout Platoon Leader when I was a lieutenant (Best job in the Army IMO), Company XO twice (once on jump status), CSS BN S3 OIC in OIF I as a very junior CPT in an Armor BCT, and commanding a BDE HQ Company in Afghanistan with the 82d.

Now go ahead and talk shit to me.
Link Posted: 2/28/2010 3:05:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Until your AA is on your right sleeve, you're exactly squat to me.  I did Sand Hill in 95 (D/1-19).  And while we're having a dick measuring contest, I'll throw this out for you...I've done the enlisted/NCO Infantry bit, I was a Cav Scout Platoon Leader when I was a lieutenant (Best job in the Army IMO), Company XO twice (once on jump status), CSS BN S3 OIC in OIF I as a very junior CPT in an Armor BCT, and commanding a BDE HQ Company in Afghanistan with the 82d.

You have a low post count.    
/former 63T (Bradley mechanic), without us, you are all leg infantry, of course that does mean I was infantry support.
Link Posted: 3/1/2010 5:43:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

do you really expect me to apologize to you because i served  during peace time? 1983 - 1986 hold you breath!
Link Posted: 3/1/2010 12:52:12 PM EDT
[#25]

You have a low post count.    

Touche.
Link Posted: 3/1/2010 2:44:49 PM EDT
[#26]
thats what i thought!
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:28:49 PM EDT
[#27]
legs... red legs, same thing!
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top