BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 11:01:14 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hopefully she lears leson

Naww, she'll think she's a victim of police brutality. Hell, most of her family and friends will probably tell her that she is.

All your pepper spraying belongs to my page 3.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 11:05:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hopefully she lears leson

Maybe to not bite the Police after getting busted the next time?  
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 11:06:57 AM EDT
[#3]
So he is looking for a couple and he stops a single person?
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 11:10:46 AM EDT
[#4]
My only comment is it took him a bit to get the pepper spray out of his belt... shoulda come out easier and quicker.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 11:11:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My only comment is it took him a bit to get the pepper spray out of his belt... shoulda come out easier and quicker.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

I guess things happen when under stress.  The position he was in, having to use his other arm to restrain the subject, may have slowed things down a bit.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 11:14:14 AM EDT
[#6]

...Gilroy dragged the girl to the front of his car, dodging her kicks and swings and activating his in-car video camera to record the remainder of the encounter...

Smart thinkin' there.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 11:16:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 11:24:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Totally justified!  Too bad he didn't use a taser, we would have had a good look at Shelwanda's face as she took the ride.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 11:25:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Lack of proper parenting.........act like and idiot.........................take your ass wuppin. She whould have received a right hook from me in that situation.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 11:25:52 AM EDT
[#10]
I agree the title is crap. Chosen carefully or not, it's misleading.

That kid was a bitch, you'd think that she'd learn, but I'm sure, once the family sues and the city settles out of court because it's cheaper, she'll not learn a damned thing. The cop was smart by activating the camera and getting within shot of it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 11:26:43 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

He was looking for a couple carrying bags... and he found a single person carrying a bag.  It would be reasonable for the officer to think this is ONE of the people in question... especially IF she was the only person he saw.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#12]
excellent job, handled himself perfectly, get that slut off the streets...
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 11:37:00 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Good, how many times do you have to ask someone to do what you said the officer told her over and over.

We train our new officers to ask twice. Tell the suspect what to do and when to do it.

Put your hands behind your back.
refuses
Put your hands behind your back, Now.

Refusal at that point usually results in Taser and jail.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 11:42:10 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The title of this post is muckracking crap. The girl was not pepper sprayed for breaking curfew. She was pepper sprayed for assaulting (biting) the arresting officer.

Yup.  

Looks just like what I had to deal with today with a 15 year old girl screaming her lungs out.  

Her:  "NO, and I'm only 15!  You can't arrest me!!!!!"  

Me: "Yes I can arrest you, and I'm going to if you don't get up and leave."

Her "No!  I aint goin anywhere!  You ain't my father!".

I go to arrest her and she fights.

Her:  "Owww!! You're hurting my arm!!!"  

Me:  "OK, just put your hand behind your back.  Stop fighting me."

Her:  "NO!!!!!  You can't arrest me I'm only 15!!!!"

All of this in a High School classroom in front of 20 other students and the Principal.  Her older brother was in class too.  He went away in cuffs too for Obstruction when he came from behind me and tried to elbow me away from her.  Then for disorderly conduct after the ran through the school screaming at the top of his lungs and then flipped out in the main office.  She went for Obstruction and Resisting Arrest.  You gotta love it.

I didn't use pepper spray on her though.  But then again, she didn't bite me either.....

-K
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 11:45:42 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Tag, whats the curfew anyway, was she 5 min past or hooking on the corner at midnight?

Well the tape says 0720.  I'm guessing that probably isn't right.

I love the sound of her screaming for her mommy when he lays the compliance hold on her.

Article says officer was dispatched to a suspicious person call at 0120 and on arrival found our princess.

He wasnt picking on some kid out 15 minutes to late.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 11:49:27 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I think the title was carefully chosen to draw both sides of the usual GD JBT crowd. OP even says in the post "Sorry "JBT"-haters, this one is well deserved"
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 11:49:56 AM EDT
[#17]
She'll think twice about doing that again.

NO NO She won't she thinks she is the victim here and will sue just wait!! that's the mind set now days! You heard her your self I am not doing anything even after she bite him!
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 11:59:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Yup, bad case of felony stupid and misdemeanor annoying.

Link Posted: 10/5/2007 12:02:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Absolutely justified. If that were my daughter, and I had the video to prove how she was behaving, I would make my daughter apologize to the cop. People who attack the cop are the reasons the kids behave this way in the first place.

Me too. I tell my 10 year old that if he ever does anything like that I'm also not going to get him from jail. He'll sit until the judge cuts him loose.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 12:02:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He was looking for a couple carrying bags... and he found a single person carrying a bag.  It would be reasonable for the officer to think this is ONE of the people in question... especially IF she was the only person he saw.

Other person was smart---do not be seen.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 12:09:15 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Tag, whats the curfew anyway, was she 5 min past or hooking on the corner at midnight?

Well the tape says 0720.  I'm guessing that probably isn't right.

I love the sound of her screaming for her mommy when he lays the compliance hold on her.

Article says officer was dispatched to a suspicious person call at 0120 and on arrival found our princess.

He wasnt picking on some kid out 15 minutes to late.

Curfew here is midnight, earlier than that on school nights for kids under 16.

I'm *guessing* that
A.) they have had a lot of problems with kids out screwing around late. or
B.) She started her little bitch attitude before the camera started rolling (which is probable) so he decided to hook her and book her.

I'm usually relatively lenient on curfew, but if you start with an asshole attitude when I stop and talk to you guess what?  I can be an asshole too, here is your citation now get in the car so I can go wake your mommy and daddy up at 1:30 in the morning.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 12:10:02 PM EDT
[#22]
-1 for the title.  

+1 for the chief standing up for his guy.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 12:11:58 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think the title was carefully chosen to draw both sides of the usual GD JBT crowd. OP even says in the post "Sorry "JBT"-haters, this one is well deserved"

Seemed to backfire though.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 12:15:17 PM EDT
[#24]
looks like she got exactly what she was entitled to.

Link Posted: 10/5/2007 12:16:21 PM EDT
[#25]

She sure gave up QUICK after getting a face full of pepper spray!
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 12:16:56 PM EDT
[#26]
This is Fort Pierce.  I have worked with many of the men and women of this agency.  The community treats theses officers like they are absolute shit and they pay nearly nothing.  I know, I work in the neighboring city.  I would never work there.  You couldn't pay me enough to work there.  I went to school there.  Most of the people there are crap.  Yes we have curfew laws and they might suck but there is a huge problem with juveniles committing burglaries.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 12:39:42 PM EDT
[#27]
He could have been more graceful, and hitting th gym would help.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 12:40:44 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

He was trying not to hurt her, Arnold.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 12:45:02 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

He didn't look terribly out of shape to me.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 12:46:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Looks good to me.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 12:48:00 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit, and in his defense the girls are a lot of times the hardest to get cuffed.  Between their small wirey frames not fitting well in the cuffs/hard to get a hold of and the fact that they squirm with the best of em makes it hard.  Then add to the fact that he was pussy footing around and...
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 12:54:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Buffering...  Buffering...  Buffering.  Holy shit, that site sucks.

After finally making it through the video, I've come to two conclusions.

1.  The girl is a whiny bitch.

2.  She deserved what she got.  I would've liked to have seen her get hit in the face more than once, but the officer did pretty good.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 12:57:00 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit, and in his defense the girls are a lot of times the hardest to get cuffed.  Between their small wirey frames not fitting well in the cuffs/hard to get a hold of and the fact that they squirm with the best of em makes it hard.  Then add to the fact that he was pussy footing around and...

Yep.  Girls play dirty when it comes to fighting, yet they are perceived as being easily injured due to their smaller stature.  The officer did the best he could in this circumstance.  He showed considerable restraint.  

I know that I may not have been quite as gentle if I had been an officer in the same situation, especially after being assaulted by the subject (grabbing the arm and biting both count as that).  Assaulting a police officer usually means that the gloves come off.  

If I had been that cop, it's likely that she would have ended up on the ground with a knee in her back and possibly broken arms/shoulders by the time I got her handcuffed, and people would be crying brutality.  He was a heck of a lot nicer than I might have been.  

Link Posted: 10/5/2007 1:10:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Heaven help my kid if I ever see him act like that towards a Police Officer or anyone else for that matter.  Pepper spray to the face my ass the pain would only be beggining when he got home.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 1:12:30 PM EDT
[#35]
she was lucky the officer in question was such a nice guy, I don't think I could have been as nice
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 1:39:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Little snot asked for it, she got it. Good for the cop.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 1:42:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 1:50:21 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm on a slow connection.

Did she plead, "Don't taze me, bro!"?

Link Posted: 10/5/2007 1:54:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Deserved. But boy was she either scappy as hell or he was really doing his best not to hurt her.

P.S.  Won't stop Al and Jesse from protesting.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 1:58:35 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.  Girls play dirty when it comes to fighting, yet they are perceived as being easily injured due to their smaller stature.  The officer did the best he could in this circumstance.  He showed considerable restraint.  

I know that I may not have been quite as gentle if I had been an officer in the same situation, especially after being assaulted by the subject (grabbing the arm and biting both count as that).  Assaulting a police officer usually means that the gloves come off.  

If I had been that cop, it's likely that she would have ended up on the ground with a knee in her back and possibly broken arms/shoulders by the time I got her handcuffed, and people would be crying brutality.  He was a heck of a lot nicer than I might have been.  

Mhmm,  she woulda been getting nice and cozy with the concrete.  The broken arms not so much but people have this weird tendency to stop fighting for a few seconds when you drop em on the concrete and the land on top of them.  Usually rewarded by the sound of all air escaping from their lungs.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 1:59:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Kind of surprised by the opinions so far. When I watch that video, I don't see a nappy headed ho crack baby slut getting what she deserves. I see the potential for any average citizen being treated unjustly by a police state.

So, when curfews are passed for all citizens regardless of age and joe citizen goes through the same treatment because the cop says "papers please" and he has none, its ok to go through the same treatment?
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 2:02:26 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Kind of surprised by the opinions so far. When I watch that video, I don't see a nappy headed ho crack baby slut getting what she deserves. I see the potential for any average citizen being treated unjustly by a police state.

So, when curfews are passed for all citizens regardless of age and joe citizen goes through the same treatment because the cop says "papers please" and he has none, its ok to go through the same treatment?

Link Posted: 10/5/2007 2:07:53 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mhmm,  she woulda been getting nice and cozy with the concrete.  The broken arms not so much but people have this weird tendency to stop fighting for a few seconds when you drop em on the concrete and the land on top of them.  Usually rewarded by the sound of all air escaping from their lungs.

Yep.  Not saying i'd have broke her arms or anything on purpose, but it definitely could've happened accidentally.  Being bit by a human just sucks.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 2:13:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Cops like that get killed for not properly arresting resisting arrestees. Gave her way to much wiggle room and got bit.

Way too many officers are killed every year due to such complacency shown here. At any time, if she had the means she could have shot him. Only thing negating this is if she had been searched already for weapons, and my money is on not.

First sign of resistance should net a wallop to the ground or creation of distance, teenage girl or not.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 2:14:55 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Watch it again.  Put your glasses on this time.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 2:15:12 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

So, are you trying to justify biting or otherwise assaulting a police officer ?  You ever been bit by a human ?  I have.  It sucks.  This person was being treated with kid gloves as it was because she is a juvenile (15).  Generally, curfews are made with people under 18 in mind.  

She wasn't complying with lawful commands, she was resisting arrest, and then she assaulted a police officer.  It's really that simple, and any of those things can land a person in some serious trouble.  

If she had complied, she most likely would've just ended up being given a lecture and a ride home.  She made things harder on herself.  Who knows what she was actually doing out at that hour.  

The subject's actions provoked the officer's response.  Simple as that.  She wouldn't have been pepper sprayed and wouldn't be charged with anything beyond violating curfew (a minor infraction) if she hadn't acted like a total idiot.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 2:27:12 PM EDT
[#47]
if there was ever a case for having an AR in the trunk of the patrol car
this would be the one..
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 2:29:53 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, are you trying to justify biting or otherwise assaulting a police officer ?  You ever been bit by a human ?  I have.  It sucks.  This person was being treated with kid gloves as it was because she is a juvenile (15).  Generally, curfews are made with people under 18 in mind.  

She wasn't complying with lawful commands, she was resisting arrest, and then she assaulted a police officer.  It's really that simple, and any of those things can land a person in some serious trouble.  

If she had complied, she most likely would've just ended up being given a lecture and a ride home.  She made things harder on herself.  Who knows what she was actually doing out at that hour.  

The subject's actions provoked the officer's response.  Simple as that.  She wouldn't have been pepper sprayed and wouldn't be charged with anything beyond violating curfew (a minor infraction) if she hadn't acted like a total idiot.  

Actually, I'm not trying to justify her biting the officer. But I think trying to arrest her for breaking curfew was the first step to unreasonable force which precipitated the entire situation.

I say that based from my own experience. Officers would just tell me to head home or else. They didn't try to put cuffs on me and treat me like a violent criminal right off the bat. I think her emotional response was directly a result of how the officer was treating her. Compound that with the fact that many blacks are afraid of cops, they don't have the same train of thought as you or I, "cooperate and this will blow over." They think "This cop is probably going to plant drugs on me or accuse me of something I didn't do." -I know that doesn't justify her reactions, but if you had the belief that a cop was out to do you unreasonable harm, how differently would you react?

ETA: Yes I have been bit by a woman before. And I'd feel embarrassed to call that bite an "assault." The bite the cop received didn't break the skin, it didn't deserve a punch to the face, especially to a 15 year old girl. I'd think that cop would have toughened up by now.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 2:33:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Cop was cool, he did good.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 2:47:58 PM EDT
[#50]
He took it wayyy to easy on her.  If a female wants to fight/resist like a male, they get treated just like one.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top