Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Posted: 5/16/2007 8:59:06 PM EDT
This young adult is very well spoken and articulate.

Story here, and he updates it often:

opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum20/2184-1.html
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 9:03:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I like how he called them out by name!
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 9:10:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 9:10:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 9:12:46 PM EDT
[#4]
good for him, very respectful
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 9:19:13 PM EDT
[#5]
ok I'm confused. Can someone please tell me how old you have to be to buy a pistol? Does it vary state by state? If so what is the law in AL?
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 9:20:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
ok I'm confused. Can someone please tell me how old you have to be to buy a pistol? Does it vary state by state? If so what is the law in AL?

21 to purchase from an FFL, in most states you can purchase FTF at 18+ so long as possession is legal.
Edited for clarity
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 9:21:06 PM EDT
[#7]
buying the guns and getting them engravened if he wins his case is really ironic and funny. you can tell that the kid has a good sense of humor and very intelligent aswell.
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 9:26:51 PM EDT
[#8]
The kid is definitely well informed, articulate and PWNED the officers nicely.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling this kid is a complete tool.

"I'm not sure if I'm related to the Mayflower Doty, but that doesn't mean were not cousins. There was another boat, way before the Mayflower, and we both had ancestors aboard her. Uncle Noah called it the Ark!"
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 9:29:25 PM EDT
[#9]
In a reply to the thread he said he was suing without representation.

I'll wait until the news feed regurgitates the story. Until then I'll be the first to call BS.
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 9:29:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

"I'm not sure if I'm related to the Mayflower Doty, but that doesn't mean were not cousins. There was another boat, way before the Mayflower, and we both had ancestors aboard her. Uncle Noah called it the Ark!"

are you sure that , thats not a joke?
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 9:32:35 PM EDT
[#11]
That's from a kid that's 18 years old?  Holy shit.  I've almost never seen such eloquent and correct writing from a teenager!  And he was VERY knowledgeable!

Kudos to him!
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 9:34:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Obviously.

Especially since he's running around with a gun that everyone can see.
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 9:34:26 PM EDT
[#13]
good for this kid! I had my firearm taken away from me once during a minor traffic stop, and the more I think about it the more it pissed me off. I think I am going to brush up on my law, as this young chap has obviously done. I'd pat him on the back and call him "sir" if I ever met this kid...
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 9:34:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Read the other stuff he wrote, definitely not a joke, just some kid trying to be witty with his religious beliefs.
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 9:35:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I'll wait until the news feed regurgitates the story. Until then I'll be the first to call BS.

Wow without representation? He has balls no doubt.
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 9:36:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Taggage. The kid is very cool.
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 9:39:47 PM EDT
[#17]
and if this is on the up and up, this kids got some balls, and a brain.
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 9:41:15 PM EDT
[#18]
OST
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 9:41:26 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Read the other stuff he wrote, definitely not a joke, just some kid trying to be witty with his religious beliefs.

yea im reading his stuff now..... weird..
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 9:46:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
That's from a kid that's 18 years old?  Holy shit.  I've almost never seen such eloquent and correct writing from a teenager!  And he was VERY knowledgeable!

Kudos to him!

Most homeschoolers are.

Link Posted: 5/16/2007 9:49:05 PM EDT
[#21]
I would see if the cameras in the car(s) were rolling for the cops and try to get those put into public record as part of his defense.
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 9:53:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kudos to him!

Most homeschoolers are.

some are just weird
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 9:55:49 PM EDT
[#23]
i can't wait to read this in the morning!
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 9:58:07 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kudos to him!

Most homeschoolers are.

some are just weird

True, but that's also why we're banned from the national spelling bees
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 10:07:32 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I tend to think it more true the saying, "He who represents himself has an idiot for a client."
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 10:09:04 PM EDT
[#26]
he has consulted with several lawyers.
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 10:12:16 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I tend to think it more true the saying, "He who represents himself has an idiot for a client."

If a lawyer won't take it on contingency, and he can't afford to pay the cost up front what else should he do?
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 10:15:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Um, weird.  I live in the same town as him.

ETA: Went to school with the police chief's son.
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 10:52:43 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Um, weird.  I live in the same town as him.

ETA: Went to school with the police chief's son.

You know, I happen to have arrived in Idaho last october due to some health problems with my parents, and will be here for some time.  I know a number of good lawyers from around the state, but I think his very outward emphasis on Jesus of Nazareth would kill any chance of them helping him for free/cheap.  

Still, I will ask around.

-Ben
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 10:52:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Guess I'll be the bad guy here...

I honestly don't believe that CRAP is coming from an 18 year old...  Home-schooled or not...

If it is true, I'm sure the PD could use his posts on OC.Org and GlockTalk.  The fact that he admits he's looking to get hassled, talking about how he's showing them who's boss, etc.  I'd like to think the judge would at least take that into consideration...
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 10:55:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Sure reads like BS.

Maybe it's not, but I know a punched up story when I read one.
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 11:29:15 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kudos to him!

Most homeschoolers are.

some are just weird

True, but that's also why we're banned from the national spelling bees

Haha!
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 11:39:10 PM EDT
[#33]
I applaud the kid for what he said and how he handled the situation.

That being said, he's an 18 year old walking around with a firearm in plain sight, that's not the sort of thing you do unless you want to draw attention to yourself.
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 11:39:30 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Guess I'll be the bad guy here...

I honestly don't believe that CRAP is coming from an 18 year old...  Home-schooled or not...

If it is true, I'm sure the PD could use his posts on OC.Org and GlockTalk.  The fact that he admits he's looking to get hassled, talking about how he's showing them who's boss, etc.  I'd like to think the judge would at least take that into consideration...

Oh yeah, because Post Falls PD totally has the resources and tech staff to track down what the kid does online and that he posts on a couple internet forums
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 11:42:48 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Oh yeah, because Post Falls PD totally has the resources and tech staff to track down what the kid does online and that he posts on a couple internet forums

Two minutes to google HIS NAME, considering one site he uses his REAL NAME AS HIS LOGIN and the other he signs his name to every post???  Alot of resources needed there...

ETA: I googled the name Zach Cody, got 2 hits on the topic on the first page of Google results...  Also found a bunch of CRAP he's posted on other sites, tech stuff...  Apparently law he knows, computers not so much...
Link Posted: 5/17/2007 12:15:28 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

That being said, he's an 18 year old walking around with a firearm in plain sight, that's not the sort of thing you do unless you want to draw attention to yourself.

So he should give up the right to Open Carry?
Link Posted: 5/17/2007 12:50:28 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm calling BS for a couple of reasons...

Open carrying to church? Oh, please. That statement screams, "Look at me, I'm a god-fearing person minding my own business going to church."

And second, 18 without ID doesn't work for me. No drivers license or state-issued ID for work purposes?

BS
Link Posted: 5/17/2007 12:55:17 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

well since he can't CCW, i suppose you would like to see him disarmed
Link Posted: 5/17/2007 1:34:01 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Open carrying to church? Oh, please. That statement screams, "Look at me, I'm a god-fearing person minding my own business going to church."

And second, 18 without ID doesn't work for me. No drivers license or state-issued ID for work purposes?

BS

Well he walks around town, so why leave yourself potentially defenseless when you dont have too?

And why should he have to carry ID at all times?  Hes just going to church and back home.  I wasnt aware it was necessary to carry ID at all times in America.

If I'm out and about and dont need my wallet for anything, I dont take it.  Only if I need my debit card/DL do I actually take it
Link Posted: 5/17/2007 3:28:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Next thing you know, this little wierdo is going to start quoting David Koresh by talking about how great this country is, how we are free to own weapons, how great the constitution is etc.

Link Posted: 5/17/2007 3:36:38 AM EDT
[#41]
ost
Link Posted: 5/17/2007 3:43:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Kudos to the gentleman and good luck with his suit.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2007 3:45:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Dam that kid really knows the law.  What an eloquently written piece of literature for an 18 year old.  I hope he wins and post pics of the new pistols.
Link Posted: 5/17/2007 3:45:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Like always it seems gun owners are our worst critics. I wonder how many people ragging on this kid have permits to carry already.
Link Posted: 5/17/2007 4:23:42 AM EDT
[#45]
I think it is AWESOME that his 15 year old brother rides his bike around town
with a loaded 10/22 slung hover his shoulder.

THAT is what America is all about.  

Link Posted: 5/17/2007 4:25:02 AM EDT
[#46]
IMHO, those of you who are complaining that he is carrying in open view are IDIOTS & are destined to become subjects of the gov.

I don't care if the kid was walking around w/ cross holstered 6 shooters & a tassled bullet belt.  It's legal and your right as an American.  Like the saying, a right not excercised is a right lost.

Speak up & quit hiding the fact that you're a gun toting conservative American!  Pansy chicken littles.

-robert
Link Posted: 5/17/2007 4:26:39 AM EDT
[#47]
If he does go to court let's hope he doesn't start ranting about the gold fringed flag in the court room.
Link Posted: 5/17/2007 4:41:35 AM EDT
[#48]
For some reason I can't help but picture Ignatius J. Reilly from A Confederacy of Dunces
Link Posted: 5/17/2007 4:47:12 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BS

And why should he have to carry ID at all times?  Hes just going to church and back home.  I wasnt aware it was necessary to carry ID at all times in America.

If I'm out and about and dont need my wallet for anything, I dont take it.  Only if I need my debit card/DL do I actually take it

I'm not arguing the fact that he didn't have an ID with him, nor his right to open carry.

I think having to call his Mom and have her find his birth certicicate stretches things a bit. C'mon, an 18-year old with no type of ID other than a birth certificate?

It sounds like horseshit to me, but I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.
Link Posted: 5/17/2007 4:58:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Just goes to show that there are to many uneducated cops that think they make the laws, alot of them are power mongers and it makes them feel like they have some god like power over people. I hope he sues the pants of those police officers. By the way I'm not saying all police officers are bad i have met more than a few who are honest defenders of the law.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Top Top