Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:47:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Make them legal and eliminate the underground economy.  This is the only way to CONTROL them.  Any other solution is futile.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:48:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I fully support the war on drugs.

Keep 'em coming!

Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:48:08 PM EDT
[#3]

End the insane war on drugs.  

Foot notes; please see "prohibition".  
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:48:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Back on topic because I'm not justifying why crack is more dangerous then beer

If you're not going to stick around and defend your arguments then just close this retarded thread.

O I'm going to stick around, I'm just going to ignore stupid people with stupid questions.

I'm curious how you're going to ignore the OP's stupid question.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:48:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Are you comparing alcohol to dangerous drugs? I sure hope not, that would be foolish.

LOL. You're talking out of your ass.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:48:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:49:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Make them legal and eliminate the underground economy.  This is the only way to CONTROL them.

Thats how I feel too, but What the hell do I know....
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:50:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How do you feel about alcohol?

Alcohol can not be compared to dangerous drugs such as meth. When people use these dangerous drugs they themselves become dangerous, the same cannot be said with alcohol.

Right.  No one who ever uses alcohol ever becomes dangerous.

I know people with injuries or lost loved ones who may disagree.

Are you comparing alcohol to dangerous drugs? I sure hope not, that would be foolish.

Statisticly alcohol is the most dangerous drug of all.

Id like to point out that I HATE drugs.

So let me ask you this, would you rather be in a room full of drunks or people under the influence of cocaine?

I rest my case.

A lot of folks get hostile and lose inhibitions against being an asshole/stupid when drunk.

All the coke heads I have ever been around simply annoy the shit out of me.

Was this a trick question?
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:51:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Legalize drugs and regulate them and punishment for infractions the same as alcohol.
If your so adaiment about this, then stop drinking any form of alcohol and stop taking anything
including Bayer 81 mg.

Legalize and tax the living fuck out of it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:51:52 PM EDT
[#10]
my only problem with it
is that it used as a excuse to pass more and more laws
and lets police DAs whatever to get creative with search and seizure
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:52:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you're not going to stick around and defend your arguments then just close this retarded thread.

O I'm going to stick around, I'm just going to ignore stupid people with stupid questions.

You have not made one logical point yet, and we are all now dumber for clicking on this thread.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:52:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't have anything against drugs or drug use

You should good chance if your home or car is ever  broken into and robbed
it was for drugs.

Which brings me to my next point. Even if you legalized drugs cost would not go away, you would still have poor drug addicts willing to do just about anything to get their next fix. When you don't have the money to buy your drugs what is the next best option in the mind of a drug addict?
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:56:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't have anything against drugs or drug use [://

it was for drugs.

Which brings me to my next point. Even if you legalized drugs cost would not go away, you would still have poor drug addicts willing to do just about anything to get their next fix. When you don't have the money to buy your drugs what is the next best option in the mind of a drug addict?

That is a valid argument now. No matter how much you decriminalize them , addicts
can't hold a job.

So the next step is ..what...

Free heroin paid by tax dollars.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:56:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't have anything against drugs or drug use

it was for drugs.

This, is the only point I'll concede.  Some illegal drugs create a physical addiction much stronger than alcohol ever could.  The debilitating effects of these drugs also lead to a life squandered which means of course, no money to buy more drugs.

Which is why every state should have Castle Doctrine.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:57:10 PM EDT
[#15]
As it is currently structured, the "War on Drugs" is a lost cause and was from the get go. It is prohibition with exactly the same consideration for the potential problems caused by a black market as the time we tried it on alcohol. Oddly enough, it has had the exact same result too.

Weird, I know!

Yes, there are substances that will pretty much destroy a person and turn them into an antisocial, child abusing, dangerously erratic individual prone to bouts of depressive paranoia. But, thankfully we can each of us go to the local liquaor store and buy it in a variety of flavors and strengths pretty much anytime we feel like it past the age of 21 in this country.

You can't save people from themselves. You can't fix people. You can, however, decide to start making choices for them because you know better what they should be doing.

Legalizing drugs is not the entire answer. This society cannot handle a fucking xbox before it begins to degrade interpersonal relations and productivity at work. This society is built for the children which means essentially that this society has the collective mentality of a nine year old. To succesfully legalize drugs and redirect all those resources towards at least some semblance of border security, capital investment, and infrastructure rebuilding we need first to wean ourselves from the "I WANNIT NOW!" teat of our ignorance besotted mommy government.

In a society built by, and for free adults, cocaine is as dangerous as cheap fortified wine.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:59:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Make them legal and eliminate the underground economy.  This is the only way to CONTROL them.  Any other solution is futile.

I would also add that everyone getting a check from the government should have to pass a drug test.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 9:00:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Would you mind justifying why marijuana is more dangerous than beer?

Pretend for a moment that marijuana was legalized, taxed, regulated, and sold to those 21 and over. Regulation would be similar to that of alcohol, controlled by the FDA, DUI/DWI would be handled similarly, etc.  

Illegal distributors, growers, and importers would be put out of business because they couldn't compete with the quality and price of the now legal brands. The illegal market would basically disappear. Due to this, the statistics for "violent crimes involving marijuana" would be drastically lower. There wouldn't be people murdered over deals gone wrong, selling grounds, etc. The prisons would be emptied to allow room for people who commit actual violent crimes. Billions of dollars along with other resources would be saved from the WOD.

I'm not discussing any other hard drugs like meth, heroin, etc. My question regards marijuana exclusively.

Thank you.

Link Posted: 5/19/2008 9:07:49 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So let me ask you this, would you rather be in a room full of drunks or people under the influence of cocaine?

I rest my case.

Cocaine, it doesn't make you violent and stupid like drunks...

I'd rather be in a room full of stoners
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 9:09:07 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Would you mind justifying why marijuana is more dangerous than beer?

Pretend for a moment that marijuana was legalized, taxed, regulated, and sold to those 21 and over. Regulation would be similar to that of alcohol, controlled by the FDA, DUI/DWI would be handled similarly, etc.  

Illegal distributors, growers, and importers would be put out of business because they couldn't compete with the quality and price of the now legal brands. The illegal market would basically disappear. Due to this, the statistics for "violent crimes involving marijuana" would be drastically lower. There wouldn't be people murdered over deals gone wrong, selling grounds, etc. The prisons would be emptied to allow room for people who commit actual violent crimes. Billions of dollars along with other resources would be saved from the WOD.

I'm not discussing any other hard drugs like meth, heroin, etc. My question regards marijuana exclusively.

Thank you.

I know plenty of people that use marijuana on a daily bases, all of which hold god jobs, have families and pay taxes. To me there is not much of a difference between a beer and a joint, I would have no problem what so ever if cannabis was legalized tomorrow. My problem is with dangerous drugs and the monsters these dangerous drugs breed.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 9:20:03 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
People that want to use drugs use them whether they are illegal or not.

Not true. People use drugs because they know they will more then likely get a slap on the hand if caught. Lock them up for ten years and I bet they think twice next time.

Rosenrot, you need to get some education. I see a lot of threads where you just post something that you regard as true when it is not based in reality at all. Stuff like CCW, this thread, etc.

You cannot legislate away a man's appetite for anything. Why make crimes out of things that are not crimes? I'm all for punishing people severely that use drugs will driving or watching kids or something like that, because those are the problems. We already have laws regarding theft and larceny etc.

We need to punish people severely for when they infringe on others, if they are just burning their own brains out, I could care less.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 9:26:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The war on drugs decreases the supply of drugs but not so much the demand. Consequently, the price of drugs increases and drug dealing becomes a lucrative trade. Legalize drugs and the supply increases and the price decreases, and most of the people that are causing problems now will be out of a job.

I couldn't agree more, most of the violence surrounding drugs is the fight over who gets to sell it and make a profit. Take away the illegal drug trade or stop limiting the supply and the price drops not making it lucrative anymore.
People who use drugs don't really care about the consequences they are going to get it one way or the other, the DEMAND for drugs is the problem, and it's not going away.
Let the people who want to use drugs use them, make the penalties for committing crimes while under the influence much more severe and you may have a chance.
The fault in your logic is that it's not the drugs fault, it is the person who decides to use it, there isn't one adult in this country that doesn't know how addicting meth, heroin, coke etc, are, if they choose to use it then the consequences are their problem.
Once again something inanimate cannot cause harm to anyone, it is the individual who uses it improperly that is the problem.
I know I'll get blasted for this but blaming any certain drug for a problem would be like blaming a gun for killing someone, it can't do it by itself.
I have never done any drugs except marijuana when I was a young and never will.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top