BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/1/2012 6:07:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got buttstroked in the chest by 90 guys with M14s.  A lot of them harder than that.  
Whatever.  
Like a baseball to the chest, bad timing just messed with his heart.

BFD. At my last unit the promotion ceremony hazing included shooting the guy being pinned. Your unit sounds like a bunch of pansies.

Cry baby. I was in OPFOR. We got our legs run over with a Sheridan.

Link Posted: 9/1/2012 6:22:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I am not even going to watch it.

I joined the Army in 85 and was hazed and participated in hazing.  Can't deal with it? Get the fuck out pussy!  I want men with balls and a spine in my military.

I joined the Coast Guard in 90 and was hazed and participated in hazing.  I think you know how I feel about it.

Don't you have some water to wade in somewhere?

Link Posted: 9/1/2012 6:27:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Jeez,
good thing CIB pinnings aren't on the net.

I had a fellow PSG slam on of my troops senior badge in with a dearmor (3 pound chunk of steel) after I told hime not too. I applied the same tactic to his fucking jaw later that evening.

Pound a badge in with ball of your fist whatever. Try to prove how much of a badass you are let's see how far that gets you. I got no room for bullies.
Link Posted: 9/1/2012 6:28:35 PM EDT
[#4]
That was very stupid.
Link Posted: 9/1/2012 6:34:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I came in here to say someone needs to suck it up but yeah, that was fucked up stupid.  Who thought that was a good idea???
Link Posted: 9/1/2012 6:37:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I joined the Army in 85 and was hazed and participated in hazing.  Can't deal with it? Get the fuck out pussy!  I want men with balls and a spine in my military.
I joined the Coast Guard in 90 and was hazed and participated in hazing.  I think you know how I feel about it.

Don't you have some water to wade in somewhere?

Thankfully, he's no longer in.
Link Posted: 9/1/2012 6:37:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Wow.  That reminds me of the old joke, the punch line is:

And the bear said, "You're not really here for the hunting, are you?"
Link Posted: 9/1/2012 6:45:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

That's pretty fucking stupid.

Have fun in the brig.

Link Posted: 9/1/2012 6:50:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I had enough balls and spine to stand up for myself when I was promoted and not be hazed.

Even more important than standing up for myself, I had balls and spine to keep any of my men from being hazed when they were promoted.   You must have been a real hardcore cupcake to be brave enough to participate in the hazing of another individual.  I do not know how the Army ever survived without you.
Link Posted: 9/1/2012 6:53:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I want men with balls and a spine in my military.

I like a little intelligence sprinkled on all those balls.

But what do I know, it's your military.

Link Posted: 9/1/2012 6:55:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You're right, a professional military should totally do the same exact thing as a high school football team.
Link Posted: 9/1/2012 6:55:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That incident went beyond hazing and into assault. I was blooded whenever I made rank and I had some blood stains and bruises, but it wasn't anything that could kill me. Next time you should watch the video before opening your mouth.

Link Posted: 9/1/2012 6:56:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I bet 20 bucks that 1SG makes Sergeant Major .
Link Posted: 9/1/2012 7:01:01 PM EDT
[#14]
That went beyond hazing, it was assault.

Monk

Link Posted: 9/1/2012 7:05:12 PM EDT
[#15]
When I was a Lance Corporal in 1992, I couldn't wait to have the "Blood Stripe" pinned on my legs.  And I smiled as they did it.  

But, when I saw two HUGE Sergeants punch the 115 pound female Lance Corporal when she got promoted, ending up not being able to use her arms for a couple weeks, I knew there was something wrong with the tradition.

There is a line.  Some people, including Senior NCOs, don't know where it lies. This 1SG is one of those people.
Link Posted: 9/1/2012 7:09:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Watch out, we got a bad ass over here.

LOl puddle pirate
Link Posted: 9/1/2012 9:32:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Jesus fuck.  I was telling my brother earlier today how when I got promoted to E-3 some big black buck beat the pins of my rank into my collar bone.  I didn't know it at the time but when I went up to my barracks room and tried to take my top off it was stuck into my collar bone.  It was fucking stupid, that shit doesn't need to be going on.  Maybe I'm just a fucking idiot and don't know what I'm talking about...

ETA:  lol, I'm just Army, I wasn't in the hard-core Coast Guard, that's where men are made.
Link Posted: 9/1/2012 9:50:51 PM EDT
[#18]
that is all kinds of fucked up, any info released on who the 1SG is?
Link Posted: 9/1/2012 10:02:36 PM EDT
[#19]
That's interesting.

After they went to Velcro they replaced blood rank with this?
Link Posted: 9/1/2012 10:03:46 PM EDT
[#20]

I've never seen a white 1st SGT before.  Must be some hick NG unit or something.  

Link Posted: 9/1/2012 10:04:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I've never seen a white 1st SGT before.  Must be some hick NG unit or something.  

Ha!

eta: for those less informed, blacks have very low numbers in junior enlisted combat arms jobs, but as you go higher there are more of them.  You can speculate as to why.
Link Posted: 9/1/2012 10:05:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Nothing will happen to this dude. If he was an E-4 who smoked some pot, they would have burned his ass and ensured he would be fucked for life. Be an E8 and almost kill a kid with a mallet? No big deal.
Link Posted: 9/1/2012 10:20:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ha!

eta: for those less informed, blacks have very low numbers in junior enlisted combat arms jobs, but as you go higher there are more of them.  You can speculate as to why.

The dark green SNCO's I had were good men, better Marines, fair, decent, and a lot with college degrees or working on them.  

However, the 1st "white" 1stSGT that we had was a mean SOB who always glared death, had a spider web tattoo covering one of his elbows and looked and talked like an extra in a prison movie.    

The second one might as well been Sam Elliot in We Were Soldiers.   Very cool headed, raised butter bars to become men.      
Link Posted: 9/1/2012 10:22:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ha!

My experience is different, but what do I know.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2012 10:25:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ha!

The dark green SNCO's I had were good men, better Marines, fair, decent, and a lot with college degrees or working on them.  

However, the 1st "white" 1stSGT that we had was a mean SOB who always glared death, had a spider web tattoo covering one of his elbows and looked and talked like an extra in a prison movie.    

The second one might as well been Sam Elliot in We Were Soldiers.   Very cool headed, raised butter bars to become men.      

I don't have many complaints at all about any of the top hats I've been under, I was just pointing out a fact.
Link Posted: 9/1/2012 10:26:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ha!

Huh, well, I don't really know what to say.
edit:  I know there have been complaints in the past about the lack of black senior officers in the Army but I also know that there are no complaints about the percentage of black senior NCO's in the Army.  I don't want to derail this thread any more than I already have, but simple google searches will prove me right.  The fact remains, while the black community is reflected proportionatly in the Army overall, it is not proportionate in the junior enlisted levels in combat arms jobs.
Link Posted: 9/1/2012 10:27:12 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

The mallet was a little too much
This.  Wow, just wow, when did trying to really injure someone become hazing?

Link Posted: 9/1/2012 10:40:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ha!

Huh, well, I don't really know what to say.
edit:  I know there have been complaints in the past about the lack of black senior officers in the Army but I also know that there are no complaints about the percentage of black senior NCO's in the Army.  I don't want to derail this thread any more than I already have, but simple google searches will prove me right.  The fact remains, while the black community is reflected proportionatly in the Army overall, it is not proportionate in the junior enlisted levels in combat arms jobs.

b.s.  I have seen the movie "Platoon"
Link Posted: 9/1/2012 10:44:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
b.s.  I have seen the movie "Platoon"

Heh, different times.  That was when "we" sent poor minorities to do our country's bidding.  I't's an all volunteer force now.

eta:  To help to make my point above I went to icasaulties.org where they used to make a point to name the race of the soldiers killed, they don't do that anymore I guess.  The numbers reflected combat arms guys that of course died in higher numbers than non-combat MOS's and whites reflected way more deaths than other ethnic groups in percentages based upon national rates.  It's a fact and if called on it I could do my research to prove it, shouldn't be too hard.
Link Posted: 9/1/2012 11:36:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/1/2012 11:39:47 PM EDT
[#31]

Still stupid, but not full blown "this shit can kill you" like hitting someone with a wooden mallet.
Link Posted: 9/1/2012 11:44:44 PM EDT
[#32]
yeah, that was intelligent. LET someone hit you with THAT. fuckin please......
Link Posted: 9/1/2012 11:45:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 12:06:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
That's beyond fucked up. I may use it as a teaching tool.  We had a very minor incident recently where I had to counsel one of my ncos for letting on the spot corrections go too far.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Yeah, I got one of those for having some shitheads do front-back-goes for twenty minutes.

Thanks for removing the second most effective (but most time efficient) method of me correcting the utter lack of discipline that hundreds of your peers and seniors (throughout tradoc) are fucking unable to instill in soldiers.

Instead, I'll just write fucking thousands of counselings that will consume all of my work and personal time, so that I can build enough of a "paper trail" for some stupid Arty-15 that will provide me the opportunity to avoid my family by babysitting said shithead on extra duty for a week. But thats fine, it gives me time to catch up...on my fucking counselings. Then after I repeat THAT fucking dance three or four times per shithead (assuming you dont move them, allowing some other nco to start the process over) we can kick him the fuck out as an E-1, after four years of taxpayer funded vacation - when all he fucking probably needed was a good month of spanking; since he went from mom's house with no job to the fucking armed forces.
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 12:17:51 AM EDT
[#35]
This is a potentially fatal situation!
Commotio cordis (Latin, "agitation of the heart") is a disruption of heart rhythm that occurs as a result of a blow to the area directly over the heart (the precordial region), at a critical time during the cycle of a heart beat. It is a form of ventricular fibrillation, not mechanical damage to the heart muscle or surrounding organs, and not the result of heart disease. The fatality rate is about 65%. It can sometimes, but not always, be reversed by defibrillation.[1]

From THIS ARTICLE.
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 12:29:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
IN the movies dont they have to imitate CPR and not actually pump peoples' chests because its bad for your heart or something? Seems obvious tat pounding our chest with a mallet could fuck you up internally

Yes, doing chest compressions on someone that is alive is a bad idea.
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 12:32:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You don't have a clue how the human heart works, do you?

I'm going to take a wild guess here and say you went in as an enlisted...  You don't strike me as the college type.
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 1:24:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 1:36:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want men with balls and a spine in my military.

I like a little intelligence sprinkled on all those balls.

But what do I know, it's your military.

At least he knows how he likes his men.

Link Posted: 9/2/2012 2:23:52 AM EDT
[#40]
fucking shame what the American fighting man has come to
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 2:42:54 AM EDT
[#41]
In the Navy we used (not sure if still) beat the eagle on the arm. By punching the arm by senior members. Some would do it softly in a congratulatory manner and some would wail on you. I remember a few days after some people had sore shoulders but nothing like this.
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 3:11:27 AM EDT
[#42]
I was hazed and I hazed. However, our hazing involved stuff like making guys roll in dirt and pouring water over them. Or putting cherry pies in their back pockets on their first jump. Stuff like that. This is crazy. Looks like they did that for a promotion ceremony.
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 3:46:57 AM EDT
[#43]
blood wings...fine
dying koala...fine
worm races...fine..
mallet to the chest....who thought that was a good idea?
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 3:56:06 AM EDT
[#44]
CNN has it=UCMJ trial, conviction, sentence, separation.

Have fun in the brig tough guy.
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 4:12:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
wow that 1SG needs to be in jail for that shit

I think making him a private, or discharging him is enough. I'd be singing a different tune if the soldier had been more seriously injured.

I certainly wouldn't protest 30 days and E-1.

It said he had a wound that took 6 staples to close.  Since mallets are not sharp, I think that means he had surgery.  Possibly broke his xyphoid process

I just thought the impact caused a laceration. If that's the case, then I can see DD and jail time.

His head hit the floor...
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 4:18:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
That 1SGT is a sadistic moron.  He could have used the mallet as a joke at about 1/4th the force and accomplished the same thing without any real harm to the soldier.

Or he could have done the appropriate thing and shook the man's hand and said "Congratulations, Sergeant."

+1

Link Posted: 9/2/2012 4:33:13 AM EDT
[#47]
If you're going to be interviewed for television, and need to choose between showing off your Army tattoo or looking professional in a suit, pick the suit. The narrator is going to say you're a vet anyway.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 4:57:20 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

A guy's buddies tacking his crow on when he makes 2nd Class is one thing, but I'm sorry, that video just has WTF written all over it.

Link Posted: 9/2/2012 5:05:35 AM EDT
[#49]

Just as I was beginning to watch the blood wings video above, I was struck by the thought that these 'ceremonies' are eerily similar to gang jump ins.  Food for thought.
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 5:07:16 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

In the Navy we used (not sure if still) beat the eagle on the arm. By punching the arm by senior members. Some would do it softly in a congratulatory manner and some would wail on you. I remember a few days after some people had sore shoulders but nothing like this.

Tacking on the crow is what it was called when I was in

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top