Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:37:54 PM EDT
[#1]
If the time posted on your last, I figure the brisket should be ready about 1600 hours tomorrow. The rest you can use to nibble on throughout the cooking to keep your strength up along with those longnecks. Those pork eaters just don't know what they are missing. Looks Good.

Semper Fi.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:38:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
will start the fire at about 7:30.  brisket goes on at 9:00

that should put it done about 3 tomorrow afternoon.

ribs go on at 11:00, should put them done about 5 tomorrow afternoon.

will cook beer-assed chicken and fajitas on site, quick cookers.................

dude you are killing me.......
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:44:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I just ate and now I'm hungry again.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:07:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow, now it's Bud Light!

That looks tasy!  I await updates.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:18:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Man its a good thing that I just finished up with dinner. Left over smoked ribs that I did Monday.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:24:47 PM EDT
[#6]
i will also go so far as to say if theres smoking wood, charring animal flesh and cold beer present, then it's a BBQ!!!!

Amen my brotha Amen!!!!

Glad to see another fan of the greatness of Cholula, good stuff. Good flavor with out being excessively hot.  I love Tony Chachere's but what is Slap Ya Mama and where do you get it.

BTW is this a 30 pack job or will it require more?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:57:21 PM EDT
[#7]
TxRedneck -

Looks like another good cook in the works!  Cant' wait to see the end results.

For those of you that get hungry looking at this, here's a link to a fantastic forum on smoking, cooking etc.        www.texasbbqrub.com/phpBB2/   Come on over.

BTW-it's NOT my forum, I just frequent it a lot.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:28:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow. I am stuffed right now, but I'd eat a plate of that, even if it killed me.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Gentlemen,
With all do respect, that is one fine looking cooker and some fine looking grilled beef (I think that is what it is), but that is not BBQ. The following are images of real BBQ, Eastern North Carolina Style, pulled or chopped pork, flavored with vinegar based sauce, served with cole slaw, brunswick stew and hush puppies, dogs running around lapping up the grease, children begging for a rib at the side of the cooker, mama inside preparing the banana pudding and the men folk outside sippin on the bottle of George Dickle hidden behind the tire of the cooker.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/CBIII/Butch20Wallack-Cleveland20Ohio-2020.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/CBIII/Mvc-005s1.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/CBIII/table1.jpg

Now that my friends is REAL BBQ.  Cows are for milking.  Pigs are for making 'que.

And Eastern NC  BBQ is the real thing, none of this stuff from the Piedmont with that ketcup crap in the sauce.  Also need some 'shine hid behind the tire of the cooker, not George Dickel.

SM
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:33:33 PM EDT
[#10]
BBQ's are one of the best American traditions.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:20:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Gentlemen,
With all do respect, that is one fine looking cooker and some fine looking grilled beef (I think that is what it is), but that is not BBQ. The following are images of real BBQ, Eastern North Carolina Style, pulled or chopped pork, flavored with vinegar based sauce, served with cole slaw, brunswick stew and hush puppies, dogs running around lapping up the grease, children begging for a rib at the side of the cooker, mama inside preparing the banana pudding and the men folk outside sippin on the bottle of George Dickle hidden behind the tire of the cooker.

Now that my friends is REAL BBQ.  Cows are for milking.  Pigs are for making 'que.

And Eastern NC  BBQ is the real thing, none of this stuff from the Piedmont with that ketcup crap in the sauce.  Also need some 'shine hid behind the tire of the cooker, not George Dickel.

SM

Texans don't have to hide their drinking from their biddy wives...................

brisket went on at 9:30, pics of the process up soon
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:25:28 PM EDT
[#12]
tag because I like BBQ
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:27:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Gentlemen,

Another North Carolinian to chime in that this is BBQ. Also, it needs to be east of Raleigh, otherwise it all goes down hill. Eastern NC BBQ > All

I will admit that the brisket does look good though.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:39:28 PM EDT
[#14]
starting the fire

briskets on

and some of my non-arfcommer friends, upon reading the comments made by some of our NC members, decided to voice their opinion on the matter

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:42:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i'm just here for the pictures! [homer drools]aaarrrggghhh...meeeaaat...aaarrrggghhh[/homer drools]

ETA: just outta curiosity, where the hell do you find big huge slabs of pork and beef like that??? i live in northern virginia, heavily suburban, and i sure as shit don't see this stuff at shoppers food warehouse!

pork is all wild.  entirely too many damned hogs around here to go and pay for pork meat.  the brisket we'll go and get from the local meat market, the cutting house in corpus or you can usually find pretty decent ones at the local H.E.B...........which is just a TX foodstore chain.

HEB stores are in LA, and Mexico as well.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:14:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Your friend having troubles picking his nose?

I know he's from Texas and all, but he does know where it is, right??
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:32:30 PM EDT
[#17]
alright guys, pretty much all there is to do now is wake up ever 3 hours and throw another log into the firebox.  expect more pictures of the progress tomorrow morning.......................
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:34:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I just ate and now I'm hungry again.

+1
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:37:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Nice job - tagged for final photos!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:39:38 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Another North Carolinian to chime in that this is BBQ. Also, it needs to be east of Raleigh, otherwise it all goes down hill. Eastern NC BBQ > All

No offense to y'all, but you can keep your watery flavorless au jus dip you call BBQ sauce up there.  We don't want any truck with it.  That stuff's plain damned nasty.  I figure it's a regional taste, like those people who think kimchee is ok to eat, or the ones who eat balut (eggs with half grown chicks in 'em).

It's got to have done some damage to your taste buds no matter what if you don't know the difference between molasses and ketchup.  

Cheers,

kk7sm
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:48:01 AM EDT
[#21]
everyone knows BBQ started in New Jersy.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:03:57 AM EDT
[#22]
tag
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:10:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:10:55 AM EDT
[#24]
ok ok...we all strive for Texas BBQ greatness, but since the entire population of the US cant live there, we have to settle.  I DO get my rib rub from some Texas place, now are there any texans that can reccommend a good BBQ "sauce" that I could buy that accuratly shows what good Texas BBQ should taste like?  I need to try it as I try to make my own with very limited success.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:26:31 AM EDT
[#25]
taggity
taggity
taggity
taggity
taggity
taggity
taggity
taggity
taggity
tag
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:28:42 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
ok ok...we all strive for Texas BBQ greatness, but since the entire population of the US cant live there, we have to settle.  I DO get my rib rub from some Texas place, now are there any texans that can reccommend a good BBQ "sauce" that I could buy that accuratly shows what good Texas BBQ should taste like?  I need to try it as I try to make my own with very limited success.

We serve sauce on the side.  I like Barbed Wire Barbecue pecan sauce.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:50:14 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Hey PK-
Is that Barbed Wire Sauce advertised by 'ole Pam Anderson herself?   lol........  Where do you get it?  I'll give it a whirl if you say it's good.
~m38a1
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:03:35 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey PK-
Is that Barbed Wire Sauce advertised by 'ole Pam Anderson herself?   lol........  Where do you get it?  I'll give it a whirl if you say it's good.
~m38a1

No plastic Pam on this one.  His site is down right now, but here's some contact info:

Barbed Wire Barbecue Company
P.O. Box 7164
Cut-N-Shoot, TX 77306
936-760-BEEF(2333)

You can buy it at the following place:
Bar S Deer Processing & Taxidermy in Floresville, Texas
Chicken Ranch General Store in LaGrange, Texas
Goerdel's Country Meat Market in Huntsville, Texas
Greens Station in Flynn, Texas
Lanell's Place & "Sweet Nell's" Saloon in McCoy, Texas
Whittington's in Johnson City, Texas

I need to make a road trip to re-stock.  I bought a half-dozen bottles at the Hot Sauce Festival last year and they're going fast.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:16:55 AM EDT
[#29]
For not even being remotely hungry this morning my stomach is still growling. Damn that looks good
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:18:17 AM EDT
[#30]
So where's the Q pics, no food.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:51:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Now I really need to find my cousin th Texas and ask him to cook me some Texas style BBQs!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:55:42 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
So where's the Q pics, no food.  

pictures are still being taken, BBQ is still being smoked.  however, there is a delay for pictures until noon.

damned AA batteries..................
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:56:59 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey PK-
~m38a1

No plastic Pam on this one.  His site is down right now, but here's some contact info:

P.O. Box 7164
Cut-N-Shoot, TX 77306
936-760-BEEF(2333)

I need to make a road trip to re-stock.  I bought a half-dozen bottles at the Hot Sauce Festival last year and they're going fast.

we'll see.  we'll see.

i ordered $60 worth of bbq rub and texas pepper jelly yesterday solely on your recommendation.  i'm gonna be a mad sonofabitch if you've steered me wrong!!!  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:04:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:13:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:16:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:20:41 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey PK-
~m38a1

P.O. Box 7164
Cut-N-Shoot, TX 77306
936-760-BEEF(2333)

we'll see.  we'll see.

i ordered $60 worth of bbq rub and texas pepper jelly yesterday solely on your recommendation.  i'm gonna be a mad sonofabitch if you've steered me wrong!!!  

Texas Pepper Jelly kicks ass.  A bunch of folks here ordered it when TPJ offered the ARFCOM discount a while back.  I smoked some ribs last weekend and topped them with Berry Medley Jalapeno.  Yum!

Tell you what:  If'n you don't like the rub and jelly, I'll re-imburse you out of my own pocket.  I'm not an employee of either company, just a friend and happy customer.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:30:05 AM EDT
[#38]
here be it as of 8a.m.

we're running about 3 hours behind though.  i let the fire go out at one point last night.  let the public flogging begin, i deserve it.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:35:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:36:19 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
here be it as of 8a.m.

i1.tinypic.com/nfk900.jpg

we're running about 3 hours behind though.  i let the fire go out at one point last night. let the public flogging begin, i deserve it.  

Please keep your sexual fantasies to yourself in this fine thread.

TXL
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:37:22 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
here be it as of 8a.m.

we're running about 3 hours behind though.  i let the fire go out at one point last night.  let the public flogging begin, i deserve it.  

At GS2.  

TRG: Hey, 1GUNRUNNER?
1GR: Yeah, what?
TRG: How many times did the fire go out on the smoker last night?
1GR: Uh, I dunno.  Did we *really* drink a 1/2 gallon of alcohol EACH?
TRG: Yeah.
1GR: Really?
TRG:  Yeah. I'm thinking we need to get this meat HOT, I mean REAL HOT before we serve it.
1GR: I'm thinking we need to get more liquor.

TRG

You know, I was recovering from a hangover when I heard that converstation.

That was about 30 minutes before 1GR made his own special BBQ sauce.

TXL
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:48:45 AM EDT
[#42]
How about a pic of the establishment this is happin' at?

Makes it easier fur us drunks to find. I can drive through Odem, but never ventured off 77.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:54:58 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
here be it as of 8a.m.

Damn, and we thought you were hardcore.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:56:26 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
here be it as of 8a.m.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:58:14 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
here be it as of 8a.m.

Damn, and we thought you were hardcore.  

20 packs of longnecks were on sale for $13.49.  we bought 4.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:03:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Thats fricken beautiful man.  
like the ones with the guns to
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:10:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Hey TexRedNeck - I'll vouch for the Texas Pepper Jelly as well.  Super good glaze on slow-smoked ribs.  And the rub from TexasBBQRub.com is fantastic.  You will NOT be disappointed nor will your customers.

Damn - looks like I've got to fire up the smoker this weekend again.  

~m38a1
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:23:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Thats it....I am going to dental school in Texas!!!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:29:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:40:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Why did I click this before lunch (rumble rumble)?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top