Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 12:29:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I want scrambled eggs, but the little containers that they come in contain a yellow part and a clear part.

Did I get the wrong thing, or can I just mix the two parts together?

Link Posted: 11/22/2005 12:34:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey!!   Since you CAN make patties from ground beef, how about making MEATBALLS?  
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 12:34:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This reminds me of one of the first Twisted-Shit emails I ever got in the mid 90's.  It was a video of a dude sticking a hotdog in his mouth.  Fade out, fade in to a human anus.  A whole hotdog is then shat right out.

On behalf of all of us, thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 12:34:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hey!!   Since you CAN make patties from ground beef, how about making MEATBALLS?  

[DARTHVADERNO]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!![/DARTHVADERNO]
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 12:35:53 PM EDT
[#5]
please don't say that you own firearms,too.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 12:36:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 11/22/2005 12:40:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Can you make butter instead of buying it?

To me, the sticks that cost $2 more are just shaped buttermilk and I have tons of buttermilk. Can I just mold it into a stick shape? And maybe throw some tin foil wrappers too...
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 12:42:07 PM EDT
[#8]
This will blow your mind......

I have heard that there are CHICKEN patties too.

Kinda like hamburger patties but made of chicken. Too crazy for me. I don't know how they make chickens without bones or beaks.

Link Posted: 11/22/2005 12:43:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Kinda like hamburger patties but made of chicken. Too crazy for me. I don't know how they make chickens without bones or beaks.

so are you saying that I can take all of this ground beef that I have and make Chickens out of it?
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 12:43:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Please dont try to make hot dogs at home.

ROFLMFAO
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 12:44:46 PM EDT
[#11]
don't leave out those nuggets either!
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 12:45:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

so are you saying that I can take all of this ground beef that I have and make Chickens out of it?

LOL!!!    EXACTLY!! But trying to eggs from them is extremely hard!
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 12:47:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Im not trying to be an asshole or dick even though I may come by as one but.

ARE YOU FUCKING SHITTING ME!!!

You roll a ball of ground beef and flatten it, bam you got a patti
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 12:49:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Im not trying to be an asshole or dick even though I may come by as one but.

ARE YOU FUCKING SHITTING ME!!!

You roll a ball of ground beef and flatten it, bam you got a patti

there's got to be more to it than that....
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 12:52:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm thinking we'll just chalk this up to living in California, because no one I know of would have considered this question.

I'm also torn about whether or not to advise you to move somewhere else where common sense is, oh say, a bazillion (not a word) more times abundant(should be "times more abundant"), or to recommend you stay there to keep you out of the gene pool used by the remainder of the human race.

This coming from someone living in MO!  Ha! Ha! Ha!
Where did you go to school?

Although it was a stupid question.  "Hamburger" and "ground beef" are the same thing.
Unless your hamburger is ground deer or elk etc...
"Hamburger patties" are made from groundbeef

Actually they are not quite the same and the original question is not as stupid as it sounds.  Ok, maybe it was stupid question but there is a difference.

Hamburger is ground beef with either beef or pig fat added to it. The fat makes it stick together better and makes it  juicier.   YES, you have to add fat to ground beef to make hamburger.
You guys did know they actually add fat to make hamburger, right?

Ground beef, is well, just ground up beef without any additional fat added. It is much leaner which is why it cost more.

Just so you guys know, you pretty much have to add fat to ground venison to make patties because venison is so lean.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 12:53:19 PM EDT
[#16]
When I order spaghetti from carry out it costs like $8.00 but I saw these hard sticks in the store that say spaghetti on them but they aren't soft or covered in sauce like my spaghetti They are much cheaper though?  What gives?  Can I make spaghetti with them?
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 12:55:22 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Actually they are not quite the same and the original question is not as stupid as it sounds.

Hamburger is ground beef with either beef or pig fat added to it. The fat makes it stick together better and makes it  juicier.   YES, you have to add fat to ground beef to make hamburger.

Ground beef, is well, just ground up beef without any additional fat added. It is much leaner which is why it cost more.

Just so you guys know, you pretty much have to add fat to ground venison to make patties because venison is so lean.

So I've been magically transforming ground beef into hamburger patties for all of these years the wrong way?

I have never added any fat to ground beef or hamburger.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 12:56:02 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

When I order spaghetti from carry out it costs like $8.00 but I saw these hard sticks in the store that say spaghetti on them but they aren't soft or covered in sauce like my spaghetti They are much cheaper though?  What gives?  Can I make spaghetti with them?

No.  You need an industrial dihydro-oxide heating and vaporization unit.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 12:56:47 PM EDT
[#19]
How to Make a Hamburger Pattie
A detailed look

Take you USDA GROUND BEEF and shape to the size you would like it.

Shape the GROUND BEEF into a pattie of the size you would like.

Make it about that thick. Grill until to preference.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 12:59:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Ok, yes you can make ground beef into patties. The point I am making is that if you buy hamburger, it is ground beef with fat added. If you buy ground beef or ground round, it does not have fat added and thus is not technically hamburger.  But hey, you can call a ground beef patty a hamburger if you want.  

Lets put it this way. There is more a difference between "hamburger" and "ground beef/round" than there is a  difference between .223 caliber and 5.56 caliber.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 12:59:35 PM EDT
[#21]
hey foogoo, now is when you come in and say "haha, just f*****g with y'all!"

or get another account.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 1:03:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Here's the special truck they carry them in to the store:

Link Posted: 11/22/2005 1:04:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Ok, yes you can make ground beef into patties. The point I am making is that if you buy hamburger, it is ground beef with fat added. If you buy ground beef or ground round, it does not have fat added and thus is not technically hamburger.  But hey, you can call a ground beef patty a hamburger if you want.  

Lets put it this way. There is more a difference between "hamburger" and "ground beef/round" than there is a  difference between .223 caliber and 5.56 caliber.

You can get ground beef lean 97% or fat as hell, Im lost.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 1:09:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 1:12:14 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
hey foogoo, now is when you come in and say "haha, just f*****g with y'all!"

or get another account.

Link Posted: 11/22/2005 1:23:02 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm actually starting to feel a bit sorry for the 'foo.

Come on 'foo...come back to us.  Everybody makes an ass out of themselves once in awhile.  We still love you.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 1:32:26 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm thinking we'll just chalk this up to living in California, because no one I know of would have considered this question.

I'm also torn about whether or not to advise you to move somewhere else where common sense is, oh say, a bazillion (not a word) more times abundant(should be "times more abundant"), or to recommend you stay there to keep you out of the gene pool used by the remainder of the human race.

Although it was a stupid question.  "Hamburger" and "ground beef" are the same thing.

Actually they are not quite the same and the original question is not as stupid as it sounds.  Ok, maybe it was stupid question but there is a difference.

They "add" the fat they already trimmed off when they were cutting up other cuts of meat and put the scraps in a "grind" pile.  So yes fat is needed so it will fry and stick together better.

I still say "hamburger" and "ground beef" are the same.  "Ground round" is lean and made from grinding "Top round" or" round steak" (I think) I am not claiming to be an expert, although as a child my father did own a steak house and a meat market.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 1:35:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Aimless might be able to help you with the "ham" part
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 1:39:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Making your own pattys is the only way to go.  That pre-fromed stuff aint that good.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 1:40:06 PM EDT
[#30]
I refuse to read four pages about how to make a hamburger.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 1:46:22 PM EDT
[#31]

Quick tip. Throw onions, garlic powder and an egg. in the mix.

You forgot the Worstershire sauce, the diced green pepper AND the coarse ground pepper!
What are you..........a SAVAGE?!?
Kick it up a notch! BAM!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 11/22/2005 1:55:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Sometimes my wife makes these giant hamburgers with several pounds of hamburger with onion and crackers or something and some tomato stuff.  Get this; she bakes it in the oven and then we slice it and I even make samwitches in my lunch.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 2:03:34 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Sometimes my wife makes these giant hamburgers with several pounds of hamburger with onion and crackers or something and some tomato stuff.  Get this; she bakes it in the oven and then we slice it and I even make samwitches in my lunch.

mmmmmm....I like those big assed ones with mashed potatoes and gravy and maybe some string beans......but no bun. Go figure
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 2:10:06 PM EDT
[#34]
If you cut a potatoe into strips about the size of french fries, can you just fry them or do you have to be french for it to work
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 2:15:44 PM EDT
[#35]
I always wondered how they get that nice pre-formed water into glasses at the restaraunts.
Anyone know how they do that? Do they need a speshul machine or something?

I wonder if that machine is also how they make their water so wet too.

Link Posted: 11/22/2005 2:23:23 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Noted that foo has company.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 2:34:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Not to worry foogoo, breathing is an involuntary action!  No further effort on your part required!
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 2:47:25 PM EDT
[#38]
"I didn't realize my mother was a good cook until after I moved out the house…I had one of those mothers, you know, no matter what you want she has the ingredients at home. You say, 'Mom, I wanna stop and get some McDonald's.' And she goes, 'I got hamburger meat at home.' You say, 'But I want McDonald's hamburger!' and she says, 'I'll make you a hamburger better than McDonald's'… And she take the egg and the green peppers and the onions and chop the green pepper up in big chunks…and put paprika and all this shit in…And you're thinkin' to yourself, that don't look like no McDonald's…And the other kids got McDonald's! And you standing there with this big house-burger. And kids are honest, they say, 'Uh! Where you get that big welfare-green pepper-burger?' And you cry, 'Uhhhh, my mama maaade it!'"

-- Eddie Murphy, from "Raw"
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 2:47:49 PM EDT
[#39]
That sounds more like a Meatloaf than a Burger you Godless Commie Bastard.

Cite the Preamble now, Ivan, or it's Ring-A-Ding-Ding for you!

Quoted:

Quoted:

mmmmmm....I like those big assed ones with mashed potatoes and gravy and maybe some string beans......but no bun. Go figure

Link Posted: 11/22/2005 2:51:23 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Please dont try to make hot dogs at home.

oh f**k!!! LOL!!!

I'm friggin' crying!!!

All I can think of is the old joke about the fellow who went ice fishing.

He came home with 400 lbs. of ice.

His wife drowned trying to cook it.

Link Posted: 11/22/2005 2:53:23 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
That would be insane, you mean those hamburgers are just ground beef?

I don't believe it I call:

Link Posted: 11/22/2005 2:54:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Foogoo do not listen to them .They are trying to trick you.  It can't be done
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 2:55:34 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
To me, the patties that cost $5 more are just shaped ground beef and I have tons of ground beef. Can I just mold it into a patty shape? And maybe throw some diced onions in too...

Here's a dumb question.....Since you're obviously not using it for hamburgers, what exactly ARE you doing with the "tons of ground beef" you claim to have?

Nobody needs that much groundbeef for "recreational purposes"
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 2:59:06 PM EDT
[#44]
I thought hamburger patties were made from bald eagles?      

I don't buy the frozen meat patties, I buy the ones that the store deli makes (they make 'em into patties for me) and sells right next to the ground beef.  I'm too lazy to make the meat into patties.  

Edit- clarify and spelling..
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 3:49:22 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I refuse to read four papes about how to make a hamburger.

May have given you enough time to learn how to spell Page's...
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 3:53:12 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
To me, the patties that cost $5 more are just shaped ground beef and I have tons of ground beef. Can I just mold it into a patty shape? And maybe throw some diced onions in too...

Link Posted: 11/22/2005 3:57:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 3:58:40 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

OK  I have to go to the store on the way home from work tonight.  I am going to check the meat dept. to see if there is even such a thing as "hamburger" in the store.  I've seen ground beef, ground pork, ground turkey, ground round, even ground-beef-patties, but I can't ever recall seeing a package marked "hamburger".

Link Posted: 11/22/2005 4:09:38 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

A Hamburger is a type of sandwich made with ground beef formed into a patty. You don't have to add fat as beef has it already included! Different levels of fat come from different cuts of meat: Ground Chuck would have about 20% fat (this does vary a bit though) while ground Sirloin has more like 5%. There is no cut of beef called hamburger... hamburgers are made from ground beef formed into patties.

Any shop that adds pork fat to ground beef is trying to kill people.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 4:22:25 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not at the meat store I worked at for 2 years.  Beef fat and trimmings were added to 1 inch by 1inch by 12 inch beef sticks.  The same thing was used for ground beef and hamburgers.  We had a machine with dies that made the burgers.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top