Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:40:32 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

youtube.com/watch?v=W606TnucCCI

Holy shit that was good move.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:41:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What was the suspected crime of suspected criminal--Being White and Preppy??

oh ok I got it now--"being drunk" while being "White and Preppy"
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:44:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow.. that was quick! No time for reaction there.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:45:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Fighting
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:46:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Good for John Law!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:47:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fighting

How reliable was the "Witness" or was the "witness" here legally?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:49:10 PM EDT
[#7]
It was a very effective takedown though...
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:50:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Good tunes too.  What's the name of that song?

EDIT: spelling.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:51:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Try "Not taking his hands out his pockets when politely asked to do so by a policeman, a/k/a (locally) as 'Resisting an Officer in violation of Section 843.01 and/or 843.02, Fla. Stat.'"
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:53:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I want to see some more police takedowns.
Post links if ya got em.

This guy's got brass balls the size of watermelons.... (or he's just insane)

morbium.imeem.com/video/4-FgDp_V/high_risk_takedown/
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:55:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fighting

Does it matter what the initial complaint/accusation was? The fact of the matter is that, during the initial interview to ascertain the validity of the complaint, the suspect did not comply (on 3 occasions) with a lawful order. The next question is why did the LEO go directly to a takedown? Simple: Hands in the pocket can conceal a gun, a knife, a shank, etc. A smart LEO would conclude that he's not taking his hands out of his pocket because he's concealing something (Might be pot, or might be a gun). I would have done the exact same thing.....
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:55:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Post links if ya got em.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:57:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Yeah, we're fine. She's fine. There is nothing we can do for that. Just leave the knife right there.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:58:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Calling him a thug might be a lil extreme.

He looked like a dickhead.  Cop should fuck him up one more time for good measure.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:58:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fighting

Does it matter what the initial complaint/accusation was? The fact of the matter is that, during the initial interview to ascertain the validity of the complaint, the suspect did not comply (on 3 occasions) with a lawful order. Why, then, did the LEO go directly to a takedown? Simple: Hands in the pocket can conceal a gun, a knife, a shank, etc. I would have done the exact same thing.....

Seriously, the officer deserves credit for restraint. If you notice, the guy reached for his right pocket after the 2d request to show his hands - i.e., he showed his right hand, then went back to his pocket/hip (out of view anyway) after request #2. He could easily and lawfully have ended up dead.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:58:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:58:37 PM EDT
[#17]
tag
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:58:48 PM EDT
[#18]
what concerns me about this vid is that if it happened to be on gitmo, the perp was wearing a turbin, the cop was one of our navy's fine soldiers, and there happened to be ,say, a cnn or abc reporter who witnessed that takedown, we would have a major shatstorm with dick durbin or schumer calling for Rumsfelds resignation,,,,
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:59:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Try "Not taking his hands out his pockets when politely asked to do so by a policeman, a/k/a (locally) as 'Resisting an Officer in violation of Section 843.01 and/or 843.02, Fla. Stat.'"
In LA we used to call that "Being an Asshole" lol
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:01:22 PM EDT
[#20]
pwn3d
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:02:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fighting

Does it matter what the initial complaint/accusation was? The fact of the matter is that, during the initial interview to ascertain the validity of the complaint, the suspect did not comply (on 3 occasions) with a lawful order. The next question is why did the LEO go directly to a takedown? Simple: Hands in the pocket can conceal a gun, a knife, a shank, etc. A smart LEO would conclude that he's not taking his hands out of his pocket because he's concealing something (Might be pot, or might be a gun). I would have done the exact same thing.....

I would have done the same thing as well...
Just playing Devil's Advocate for a change
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:03:16 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fighting

You're disappointing Johninaustin..
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:07:37 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fighting

You're disappointing Johninaustin..

As long as "The Baby Jesus" doesn't Cry...
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:10:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
the only thing that got hurt, was the bad guys pride..... that was awesome!

Oh, I'm betting it hurt like hell. Ever been hit in the throat?

It was a very efficient move. Well done Mr Popo.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:10:51 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Post links if ya got em.

Thanks for the video, too bad I've seen it .
Keep em coming!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:11:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Now THAT was a quick move.  Putz never saw it coming.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:15:39 PM EDT
[#28]
That's a cop that doesn't fuck around.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:18:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Good guys = 1
Drunk dickheads that don't comply with hands in pockets = 0
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:18:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Wow, took the fight right out of Dumbass. Cool. Po Po wasn't playing, posturing, or putting up with any BS. Hard to fight with your wind cut off, even briefly.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:25:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Vadered!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:31:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Done like a true expert.  No warning, hands behind his back, and then lunges and takes complete control.

+1 for good use of force to immediately take control of the situation.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:33:01 PM EDT
[#33]
I really dont understand why more people dont go for the throat in fights?  Is it just something that doesn't come naturally?

I know in the national guard for riots they told us that was a off limit place to strike  damn PC BS
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:39:39 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Post links if ya got em.

Wow. He just got fucked up- love the wheel running over the foot part.  

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:40:47 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Patiently waiting for the cop critics.

So where is a blow to the throat listed on the use of force continuum?  Deadly force........

I say this because LEOs may be afraid to use their Taser with a cloudy department policy.  

/inquiring minds.
//Taser stockholder.

if it ever comes under review, I'm sure the cop was "aimint" for his chest and just happened to be a little high in the execution of the technique.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:41:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Wow looks like he got a taste of life M&A Parts style.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:43:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Action beats reaction every time.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:10:42 PM EDT
[#39]
 I'm not complaining, but how do you keep the subjects head from hitting the pavement and cracking his skull ? It looks like it has the potential to be deadly force to me .

I've been out of LE for 10 years. So I'm not up on newer legit techniques. Is that taught somewhere ? We always used P.P.C.T.,  Dr. Bruce Siddle style.

Not a bleeding heart. just askin'.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:15:38 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
 I'm not complaining, but how do you keep the subjects head from hitting the pavement and cracking his skull ? It looks like it has the potential to be deadly force to me .

I've been out of LE for 10 years. So I'm not up on newer legit techniques. Is that taught somewhere ? We always used P.P.C.T.,  Dr. Bruce Siddle style.

IMO, a guy who reaches for his waist, out of sight, after 2 requests to show his hands has deadly force coming - and that's a legal as well as a practical opinion. Had I been an unsworn citizen confronting a fighting suspect (not that I would), and the potential BG did that, I'd have probably lit the bastard up when his right hand went out of sight after request #2. The officer might feel bad if he killed the guy, but I don't think he'd be liable in any way fror the death.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:15:57 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, we're fine. She's fine. There is nothing we can do for that. Just leave the knife right there.

I saw the original airing on Cops, I think.

I laughed then too.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:18:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Ha Ha Ha! Too bad the cop didn't hit him with a taser.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:20:22 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IMO, a guy who reaches for his waist, out of sight, after 2 requests to show his hands has deadly force coming - and that's a legal as well as a practical opinion. Had I been an unsworn citizen confronting a fighting suspect (not that I would), and the potential BG did that, I'd have probably lit the bastard up when his right hand went out of sight after request #2. The officer might feel bad if he killed the guy, but I don't think he'd be liable in any way fror the death.

Well it's a good thing that you're not the one making the calls.

Deadly force without means, intent, or ability, not to mention being that drunk and inebriated is absolutely foolish.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:22:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Ouch

Max
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:22:59 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

He's holding the guys throat.  Not just pushing.   He can keep the skull from taking too big a thump.  Personally, I usually do this sort of thing to the face. My hand is big enough and it gets away from all that "punch to the throat" stuff.

As for the Tazer, do you realize the paperwork you have to do when you use that thing?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:23:49 PM EDT
[#46]
It continues to amazie me how people ignore police commands. The idiot got exctly what he deserved.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:24:18 PM EDT
[#47]
wow
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:51:06 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

This one is always hard to watch

www.dopedog.com/videos34.html

What the hell??

The guy shot the cop, then called for help?

WTF did he shoot the cop?

What was that all about???
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:13:41 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This one is always hard to watch

www.dopedog.com/videos34.html

What the hell??

The guy shot the cop, then called for help?

WTF did he shoot the cop?

What was that all about???

He killed the cop, too.

The hardest part about it is that you know you're hearing a man take his last breath when you watch that video.

He killed the cop because he promised the last one that wrote him a seatbelt ticket that the next cop that did so would die.

He's serving a life sentence, I do believe.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:32:38 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Patiently waiting for the cop critics.

So where is a blow to the throat listed on the use of force continuum?  Deadly force........

I say this because LEOs may be afraid to use their Taser with a cloudy department policy.  

/inquiring minds.
//Taser stockholder.

if it ever comes under review, I'm sure the cop was "aimint" for his chest and just happened to be a little high in the execution of the technique.

Do you know who sits on review boards? Folks that wouldn't buy that line.  

We call that a million dollar mistake.  The million is your potential career earnings making a giant flushing sound.  If that guy would have died due to a crushed airway, that cop would have a baloney sammich future as a mall ninja.  

I bet that cop got a letter of counseling out of that shot, at the very least.  Video can hide anywhere, but this cop knew the camera was there.  

Strikes are OK in the continuum, but not lethal strikes.  Likewise baton strikes are OK, but not lethal strikes to the head or throat..........don't lose your house fucking up this one.  
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top