BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:30:41 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Start looking for a new job.  If you were my employee, I would have to give you the sack.

It is racist, in a "cop eating a banana" sort of way.  If Jesse Jackass thinks its racist, then its racist.   It isn't always right, but it is the way it is.

Well if he was my employee, I would give him a promotion and fire the little shit that was complaining after I kicked his ass for being a pansy.

that would be great.......................................................................in an ideal world.

In the real world, you would probably be out the door about a week after this guy after a 'complete and thourogh investigation' that decided it was in the best interests of the company, not you, to get rid of both of you.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:31:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Admit nothing.  Deny everything.  Make counter accusations.

+1
Claim Bush made you do it...That seems to work for everything these days.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:34:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
you guys just don't get it, whites can not even talk about  negro's  otherwise you are a racist

But i'm brown!

Brown as in the same race as the picture?

Nope brown as in Mexican / spanish  decent

Damn, thought you might be OK there for a minute.  This doesn't sound good, and unfortunately email leaves a trail.  Too bad you have someone who hates brown people as a co-worker. hint hint

Good luck, and don't EVER do this kind of shit at work again!

Are you implying that it's not OK for him to be hispanic!?!?!? Damn racist!

Just kiddin' man. I knew what you were saying. Just wanted to illustrate the absurdity of all of this PC racism crap and how easily someone takes something innocent and makes a mess of it. They're called liberals and they LOVE to make a freakin mess of everything. EVERYONE has some group looking down their noses at them. Poor look down on the rich. Rich look down on the poor. Black on white. White on black. Blah blah blah... People need to grow some thick skin and forget about it. 'Oi vay... what a nightmare.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:38:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
you guys just don't get it, whites can not even talk about  negro's  otherwise you are a racist

But i'm brown!

Damn, thought you might be OK there for a minute.  This doesn't sound good, and unfortunately email leaves a trail.  Too bad you have someone who hates brown people as a co-worker. hint hint

Good luck, and don't EVER do this kind of shit at work again!

Are you implying that it's not OK for him to be hispanic!?!?!? Damn racist!

Just kiddin' man. I knew what you were saying. Just wanted to illustrate the absurdity of all of this PC racism crap and how easily someone takes something innocent and makes a mess of it. They're called liberals and they LOVE to make a freakin mess of everything. EVERYONE has some group looking down their noses at them. Poor look down on the rich. Rich look down on the poor. Black on white. White on black. Blah blah blah... People need to grow some thick skin and forget about it. 'Oi vay... what a nightmare.

That's a PERFECT example of exactly what I am pointing out. That simple comment would be enough to get you shit canned at most places these days. ALL that would be required was for someone to say they were 'offended'. GUPI - guilty until proven innocent.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:07:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Get a Lawyer.  
Prepare for a Fight.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:08:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe that guy is the actor that played the part.  After all that isn't really a monster it's a black man in a costume.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:08:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Admit nothing.  Deny everything.  Make counter accusations.(that cannot be proven untrue)

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:24:58 PM EDT
[#8]
If the pic was of a white guy he wouldnt be offended. Only whites can be racist you know.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:33:21 PM EDT
[#9]
So in one pic the dude says, "Find the Halfling!" In the other the guy says, "Halfling? I thought you said Heineken.!"

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:37:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Tell 'em he is your brother in law
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:33:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If the pic was of a white guy he wouldnt be offended. Only whites can be racist you know.

Well I guess not since I am brown..
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:39:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I guess not since I am brown..

Que?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:10:44 PM EDT
[#13]
You better hope your boss likes you, because he/she will be going way out on the limb to keep you from being fired.  Being "with Mexican decent" unfortunately does not exempt you from charges of racism.  LOL

I hope everything works out OK.  Personally I find the pictures more funny then offensive.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:23:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Tell your boss that "My brown ass thought nothing racist about it, and I sent them to my Black friend in Seattle and he thought they were funny too!"

And then give him my phone number.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:33:15 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes, it's racist and STOOPID.

The "monster" show isn't a real person, just a hollywood creation.  That simply ISN'T a 900 BC looter

Basically, these pictures prove nothing, show nothing, but racism.

Why not just post his face on a gorilla body?  After all, you are trying to imply that blacks haven't kept up with evolution like white people.  

It was only ment to be funny not to actually prove anything
deerrrrrrrrrrr

That is fine, I'll take your word for that.    But still, it is  racist in nature.  It's trying to show blacks aren't as evolved.

The same could be said for the current advertisements on TV by progressive ins?  They say something to the effect of:  "even a caveman could do it".  So does that mean that ALL white men are neanderthal/cavemen and that even they could handle something?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:37:42 PM EDT
[#16]
I find that to be a humorous parody of current events, I do not feel this is racist in any way.  However, it may not have been appropriate humor at work.  Depends on the attitude of your place of employment.  I think your coworker should STFU and shouldn't have been a rat and it should be up to your boss if it's ok or not.  If it's not ok, I think he should just give you a warning at most, tell you to never do this again or you're gone and just leave it at that.  ETA: If I were the boss, I'd tell the person who ratted you out to STFU and worry about doing his/her job, not reporting trivial garbage like this to management.  Then I'd probably tell you to not bring this stuff into the workplace again, even though I do admit I see the humor in it.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:42:29 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But i'm brown!

I see you are in NM.  Whereabouts?  Near El Paso or farther north?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:48:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Start looking for a new job.  If you were my employee, I would have to give you the sack.

It is racist, in a "cop eating a banana" sort of way.  If Jesse Jackass thinks its racist, then its racist.   It isn't always right, but it is the way it is.

WTF does a cop eating a bannana have to do with anything?

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:22:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Ok the real solution...................................hurry up this weekend and get a girlfriend of color...............then tuesday when you come back to work and they accuse you of being rasist you say no im not I have a girlfriend of enthnic origin

You can dump her a week later
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:27:22 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
If you can't see the difference in a joke vs. murder, well, I can't help you.

1) I didn't ask for your help
2) I can tell the difference just fine.

Don't take the comments out of context.

You asked if I saw the difference in your example. I answered honestly. No. Is there a difference between rape/murder and photoshop? You have to be kidding. Yes, there is. What you should have been asking is whether both can be examples of racism.

Main Entry: rac·ism
Pronunciation: 'rA-"si-z&m also -"shi-
Function: noun
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

Now, bounce your limitus test off that. Better yet, ask yourself if you think you would have a fighting chance in hell with this in a courtroom and get back to me with an answer.

I understand what you are saying in your post above, about this being a fucked up world, where if someones feelings are hurt or they are offended, but that is BS....and it needs to stop...

You put the definition of racism right there....now according to that definition, how could the photoshop be racist...it just doesn't meet that criteria.

I would think a good lawyer would be able to prove that...nowhere does the photoshop implicitly or explicitly imply that another race is superior...

I would fight this tooth and nail...there would have to be a good lawyer who would take the case pro bono....
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:36:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Anyone else think it's kind of funny that the black guy here thought it was funny, and the only hand-wringing pinko bullshit is coming from white guys?  

How far we've come.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:41:34 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Admit nothing.  Deny everything.  Make counter accusations.

I am sad to say, that this is the most productive method.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:52:51 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
So in one pic the dude says, "Find the Halfling!" In the other the guy says, "Halfling? I thought you said Heineken.!"

That provided a good laugh in the midst of all the chaos right now. It's a shame that people exact so much PC-ness. That's why I'm paying almost $200 more a month on rent right now--I just can't deal with the PC crap.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:15:35 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Tell your boss that "My brown ass thought nothing racist about it, and I sent them to my Black friend in Seattle and he thought they were funny too!"

And then give him my phone number.

CavVet's Black!?!?

Digital
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:39:12 AM EDT
[#25]

Any updates on this?  Did you lose your job?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:43:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:47:24 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There were offduty officers working overtime for a convention or somesuch, and some of them ate bananas for nutrition while standing the post.
A black person (I think it was a woman) complained that a cop eating a banana was racist because he was saying that he thought the blacks were monkeys.  The woman actually got an apology out of the mayor.  I think it was in Florida?

WTF?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:20:36 AM EDT
[#28]

sayanythingblog.com/2005/02/14/woman-gets-mad-at-cop-with-banana/

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:30:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:39:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Bring in, and consume, an entire watermelon for lunch tomorrow. Wear a black polo w/ a red Nike logo. Comment to coworkers about how nice it is to see Snoop Doggy Dog & Lee Iococca get along so well. All while blairing rap music.

Next day, wear a Klan outfit.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:41:17 AM EDT
[#31]
I'll write an intelligent reply as soon as I stop laughing.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:56:47 AM EDT
[#32]
I think they look great.............Congrads.....great job
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:02:24 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You should have know better todays PC climate.

This ^^ says it all.  "Common sense" ain't so common any more.  

learned my lesson
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:04:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:18:07 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:19:29 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2  I don't want to read through 6 pages.  Did you file for unemployment insurance?  Did you remember to print your resume?  Did the door hit you in the ass?  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:26:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Computer companies can be a tough place to make a living, man. I feel you. A little while back I sat on the board of e-Communities, this place that said they were gonna do something about virtual communities and JPEGs and stuff. Needless to say e-Communities is now just an extremely large carpeted room with a lotta keyboards stacked in the middle, but what I took away from that experience is that people who are extremely good at computers can often be gross, revolting, depressing, and have horrible clothes on.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:55:38 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Please find the story of the .gov supervisor who, a few years ago, in a staff meeting, referred to the next budget cycle as being "quite niggardly."  Your assignment is to find out what happened to him as a result of his simple choice of a perfectly acceptable and apt word.  

Good assignment!  Human stupidity knows no bounds.

http://www.adversity.net/special/niggardly.htm

http://www.cnn.com/US/9902/04/dc.word.flap/
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:01:26 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey just out of curiousity...what is the ethnic background of your friend?

White , democrat and he blames bush for the disaster in New Orleans..

Tell your boss that the gringo called you a "racist beaner".

That would be the "make counter-accusations" part.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:03:32 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey just out of curiousity...what is the ethnic background of your friend?

White , democrat and he blames bush for the disaster in New Orleans..

Tell your boss that the gringo called you a "racist beaner".

That would be the "make counter-accusations" part.

Now we're talkin'!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:08:49 PM EDT
[#41]
You and the NOLA refugee's will have something in common....

You are both going to be standing in line for food/water for a while.

But the photoshop is AWESOME!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:09:22 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
forum.ebaumsworld.com/showthread.php?t=91870&page=1&pp=15

Damn. Looks like somebody tried to "loot" those pics and win a contest with them....
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:24:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:36:36 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Admit nothing.  Deny everything.  Make counter accusations If cornered lead the witchhunt.

Just a different version.

shooter
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:37:39 PM EDT
[#45]
tag
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:50:58 PM EDT
[#46]
UPDATE PAGE 1!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:54:13 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
UPDATE PAGE 1!

I'm glad to see your boss has a sense of humor. Now you can relax a little, and file this one away as a great story to tell your kids someday when they do something stupid at work.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:17:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:37:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Well it is work.
Keep it out of work if you want to keep your job.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:00:04 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
forum.ebaumsworld.com/showthread.php?t=91870&page=1&pp=15

Damn. Looks like somebody tried to "loot" those pics and win a contest with them....

Look, Squatdog is posting overthere.  Somebody should post his series of photoshopped pictures.  LOL
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top