Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/10/2004 8:38:54 AM EDT
I sent the email below to DSA, asking about the potential for production of the AUG as well as a few other "pie in the sky" requests, that I seriously didn't think they were planning, but whatever, I asked anyway. I also asked about the AWB sunsetting and their plans for dealing w/ that. Here's my email to them...followed by DSA's reply.

"There’s been a little bit of a buzz on the net regarding the possibility of DSA producing domestic versions of a few very select weapons. I am emailing you to asking if there is any such plan, now or in the future regarding this. I have no reason to think anyone on the net knows what they’re talking about in actuality, so I am sending my question directly to you.

1)      A domestic version of the Styer AUG.

2)      A domestic version of the SIG 550 series

3)      A domestic version of any Heckler & Koch weapons.

4)      A domestic version of the FN FNC.

Is there any truth to these rifles being produced, or at least considered by DSA? Your FAL’s are second to none, and your new AR line has caused quite a buzz. Any information, even if these items are only being considered at this time, would be greatly appreciated.

Also, does DSA have any plans that would take effect in the event the assault weapons ban sunsets? Folding stocks for the para models, Beta mags for FAL’s/AR’s? Anything in the works as far as that’s concerned?

Thanks in advance"

DSA's reply........

There are only a few things we can mention at this time. Yes we did enter into a contract to produce the Aug rifles. At the moment this is on hold awaiting several issues. As far as any of the other rifles are concerned, we have no plans at this time. We are in the middle of finishing all the U.S. mfg. para assemblies. This will of course relate to complete new para rifles. We are doing most of our work and products in the U.S. now, since we like to support American jobs. Why support jobs in Brazil, we are a firm believer in buy American. If all goes well the para's will be ready by the end of Sept. Thank you for the interest in our products!!

DSA, Inc.

For what it's worth, thought some might be interested.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 8:40:54 AM EDT
[#1]
interesting.

Link Posted: 8/10/2004 8:42:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Para-FALs!!!!

I'm going to blow so much money in September.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 8:42:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I hope they come through with the AUG.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 8:42:54 AM EDT
[#4]
DSA is da bomb.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 8:44:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for posting that.... I own one of their SA-58 rifles, and it is a beaut to shoot and look at....

I DO wish they'd do a Sig 550.........
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 8:45:06 AM EDT
[#6]
My dream of an AUG is still alive......    
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 8:45:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
DSA is da bomb.

DSA is da NUKE bomb!!!!

Link Posted: 8/10/2004 8:47:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
DSA is da bomb.

I agree. Nothing short of a damn national treasure. We have enough AR makers. These people go out on a limb with VARIETY. Fantastic FAL's, new line of AR's, now working on the AUG, and going to make me REAL happy with the real deal para models coming in Sept. All the while keep quality control and customer service as good as, if not better than almost anyone in the business.

They do not get enough credit for all that they do. DSA KICKS ASS.

Link Posted: 8/10/2004 8:47:19 AM EDT
[#9]
...tho I gotta wonder of ALL the things they COULD produce, why do the AUglyG???

Why not a 223 FAL???

Link Posted: 8/10/2004 8:47:24 AM EDT
[#10]
i shot a buddies DSA Tac Carbine....damn slick little ride...once I flee this state it is the first thing I will buy....

but now you messed everything up...AUG might be a nice to have....

DSA owns
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 8:47:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Mmmmm... mouth is watering over some AUG lovin.

Hope I can get one that is CT AWB compliant.   Better not say Steyr or AUG anywhere on it.

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 8:48:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Indeed. I have personal knowledge of how they've fought with ATF for our gun rights.

NOT just in it for the $$$.

Link Posted: 8/10/2004 8:49:23 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Thanks for posting that.... I own one of their SA-58 rifles, and it is a beaut to shoot and look at....

I DO wish they'd do a Sig 550.........

The HK/SIG question was just a mega-reach....but figured I'd ask since there's a lot of interest in those being made available, and with DSA quality, not that shit Special Weapons pawned off on America.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 8:49:57 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
...tho I gotta wonder of ALL the things they COULD produce, why do the AUglyG???

Why not a 223 FAL???

Seems like an FNC would be a good choice as well.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 8:51:44 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Indeed. I have personal knowledge of how they've fought with ATF for our gun rights.

NOT just in it for the $$$.

Really? Never heard of that, but definately jives with everything I know of DSA. Be interested in knowing what that was all about. Regardless, nice to hear.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 8:53:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Does it make sense for others to inquire similarly....in other words, show them there is a market and that they are doing the right thing?
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 8:55:55 AM EDT
[#17]
When i get a FAL its going to be a DSA
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 9:17:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 9:19:23 AM EDT
[#19]
AWSOME!
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 9:20:42 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Why not a 223 FAL???

Yeah!
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 9:22:32 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Really? Never heard of that, but definately jives with everything I know of DSA. Be interested in knowing what that was all about. Regardless, nice to hear.

They went to the mat against BATF on the Steyr copy muzzle brake, which BATF was trying to call a FS.

If you bought a Stg58A with the Steryr brake, you should have received a letter explaining BATF bumfuzzled position.

Then suddenly the whole issue died and BATF classified it a brake.

I wrote ATF, Treasury and anyone else I could think of to fight it. When I called DSA, we talked at length of their efforts to get BATF postion statement reversed.

It worked.

+1 DSA

Link Posted: 8/10/2004 9:23:44 AM EDT
[#22]
This is good news!
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 9:26:56 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
This is good news!

Great!!!!!!!!!!!  You CAN read.

I'm SOO proud of ya.

Link Posted: 8/10/2004 10:48:31 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Para FAL carbine.

FNC would be really nice.

A Para FAL, with all the "pre-ban" trimmings might be at THE top of my to-do list after the AWB dies.

Think of this with a little more length while you're at it....

Link Posted: 8/10/2004 10:51:35 AM EDT
[#25]
REady to send them more of my money, in a month or so......
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 11:01:50 AM EDT
[#26]
I remember years ago going into WSI and seeing an AUG for $3800.  That rifle was the COOLEST thing I have EVER seen.  I would definately buy one of those.  I would love to get a Sig 550 as well.  I wonder what they would cost and if magazines would be AUG and Sig mags?
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 11:15:59 AM EDT
[#27]
wow!! this is awesome....we need to keep on them about 550 varients...man would that be sweet or what???A PARA FAL and a SIG 550 all before Christmas....DSA ROCKS!!!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 11:33:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Seriously, what a company DSA is. They offer super high quality FAL's, a new AR line, bolt action rifles, getting ready to crank out DSA quality AUG's and retooling for the death of the AWB with para-FAL's and such. What initiative, dedication & class.

Is there ANY other major firearms company that has the quality and diversity of their line up?

Edited to add: Barrett & their new 6.8 AR line, with their 50's is also appreciated, just never owned anything by them.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 11:41:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Lets be real though, at the earliest I wouldn't expect AUGs till next spring, more like next fall, if ever.  They still have a few things like they said, and then they'd need to tool up, etc.  

Damn things would sell themselves though, and every gun rag would do a write up on them too
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 11:41:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Here's what the paratrooper congo looks like:

www.dsarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=SA58PCONGO&storeid=1&image=paracongo.gif

All I have to say is, between this and the builds that Ohio Rapid Fire is coming out with, I'm gonna be one happy but stone broke attorney at law.  And if they do build an AUG I'll have to buy one of those as well, pretty much no matter what they cost.

Dammit, its a disease....
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 11:49:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 11:50:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 12:01:56 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm holding out for one of these:

(in my dreams)
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 12:10:40 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Since I know very little regarding the issue, does anyone think that the price of DSA FAL's will come down any post-sunset??

I don't think they will.  Their price relects on their quality and their availability, not on whether they have evil features or not.  Like a really nice top of the line 1911, they sell every single one that they build even though there are similar guns that cost half as much and offer the same features.  Also like a custom 1911, they are worth every penny if you have the money and appreciate qualitycraftsmanship.  I don't see their prices dropping anytime soon, there are plenty of people willing to spend $1500 or so on such a high quality piece (and I'd be one of 'em if I could just scrape together the funds!)
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 12:17:00 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Why not a 223 FAL???

Maybe they could produce a scaled down M-14 that shoots .223?  They could call it a "mini" 14!
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 12:19:13 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Since I know very little regarding the issue, does anyone think that the price of DSA FAL's will come down any post-sunset??

I don't think they will.  Their price relects on their quality and their availability, not on whether they have evil features or not.  Like a really nice top of the line 1911, they sell every single one that they build even though there are similar guns that cost half as much and offer the same features.  Also like a custom 1911, they are worth every penny if you have the money and appreciate qualitycraftsmanship.  I don't see their prices dropping anytime soon, there are plenty of people willing to spend $1500 or so on such a high quality piece (and I'd be one of 'em if I could just scrape together the funds!)

I agree fully. I personally think that with the efforts DSA makes, their commitment to us, quality and their diverse manufacturing, the product is worth the premium.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 12:22:10 PM EDT
[#37]
I shot an AUG at the NRA range in fairfax one time.  Not really impressed with it.  It wasnt bad but it wasnt anything special.  I didnt like the fact that you couldnt change from irons to a spectrum of optics.  You're kinda stuck with what it comes with.  

To each his own.  I'm sure DSA will make a hell of an aug.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 12:32:03 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I shot an AUG at the NRA range in fairfax one time.  Not really impressed with it.  It wasnt bad but it wasnt anything special.  I didnt like the fact that you couldnt change from irons to a spectrum of optics.  You're kinda stuck with what it comes with.  

To each his own.  I'm sure DSA will make a hell of an aug.

Doesn't the AUG come with a removable optics option? Thought it did. Maybe I'm thinking of the G-36...but thought it was the AUG. Never been afforded the opportunity to own or handle either.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 2:08:06 PM EDT
[#39]
There is a version of the AUG, the "A2" version, that comes with a flattop rail instead of the original "donut of death" optic.   Whichever version DSA makes, I'll do my best to be near the front of the line waiting for them when (if) they come out.

www.steyr-aug.com/aug_20.htm

Link Posted: 8/10/2004 2:36:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 2:44:58 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I'm holding out for one of these:

www.kitsune.addr.com/Firearms/Auto-Rifles/SIG_SG_550.gif

(in my dreams)

+1

I want one of those too!!!  Preferably both.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 3:09:31 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Here's what the paratrooper congo looks like:

www.dsarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=SA58PCONGO&storeid=1&image=paracongo.gif

I think I just creamed my shorts.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 3:59:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Hot Damn! New FAL Para kits.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 4:03:35 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Para-FALs!!!!

I'm going to blow so much money in September.

yep, sure am, as are a lot of us
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 4:31:10 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Too much info,  WAY too much info.

Link Posted: 8/11/2004 5:53:01 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Too much info,  WAY too much info.

Heheheheh. I remember someone talking dirty about Steyr Aug's posts concerning Garand pics a coupla years ago. Hmmm. Who was that again?

Link Posted: 8/11/2004 5:54:44 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Heheheheh. I remember someone talking dirty about Steyr Aug's posts about Garands a coupla years ago. Hmmm. Who was that again?

Name that tune, son.  

Musta been raf - he likes Garands, as I recall.

Link Posted: 8/11/2004 6:04:21 AM EDT
[#48]
I hope they use the new A3 model for the AUG stock...that way we can use AUG and AR mags.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 6:10:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Augs never did anything for me. Actually, I think they are butt-ugly. No offense.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 6:29:11 AM EDT
[#50]
My bank account is so screwed come September, it's not even funny!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top