Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/23/2005 12:30:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn, hope this turns out okay.
Link Posted: 1/23/2005 12:34:52 PM EDT
[#2]
That is the rifle that I purchased from him and he got the funds on 12-31-2004

__________________________________________________________________________________

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once I get the check, I'll get the gun all boxed up for you so I can send it out when I get your FFL.

Take care,
~Ric

____________________________________________________________________________________

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I did get the check, but I thought I sent you an IM about that......
The bank says it will take 5 bank dyas for it to clear though since it was a credit card check.
Im sorry if I didint IM you, I really thought I did.

Take care,
~Ric
Link Posted: 1/23/2005 12:36:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/23/2005 12:38:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That is the rifle that I purchased from him and he got the funds on 12-31-2004

__________________________________________________________________________________

Once I get the check, I'll get the gun all boxed up for you so I can send it out when I get your FFL.

Take care,
~Ric

____________________________________________________________________________________

Yes, I did get the check, but I thought I sent you an IM about that......
The bank says it will take 5 bank dyas for it to clear though since it was a credit card check.
Im sorry if I didint IM you, I really thought I did.

Take care,
~Ric

Register over there and post this... Contact the authorities for mail fraud, theft by deception, etc, etc....

Link Posted: 1/23/2005 12:40:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Edited:
You're right.  I jumped to a conclusion after someone posted that add.  I was wrong.
Link Posted: 1/23/2005 12:45:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The link above is on Glock Talk.  I am on my way out to work so I can't do anything right know.  If anyone here is a member of Glock Talk I would appreciate it if they posted on that add and linked back to this posting with a question for him concerning the rifle having already been sold here.  I believe this pretty much verifies that a fraud is taking place.  If anyone knows how to save that page on Glock Talk and can email it to me, let me know.

glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=4b239f0cec983a2a0b4e9404fd8855c8&threadid=322054  

Before you jump to any conclusions take a look at the date it was last edited- 12/21/2004

Lets get both sides before we jump to conclusions
Link Posted: 1/23/2005 12:48:03 PM EDT
[#7]
M4_aiming_at_u is usually one of the first ones  to start bashing christains for being hypocrites in any thread that discusses Christianity.
Link Posted: 1/23/2005 12:52:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Tag......Hope this one has a happy ending.
Link Posted: 1/23/2005 12:55:42 PM EDT
[#9]
dude you got hosed, take all measures.  The money was sent, you held up your end of the bargain.  He didn't.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2005 12:59:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The link above is on Glock Talk.  I am on my way out to work so I can't do anything right know.  If anyone here is a member of Glock Talk I would appreciate it if they posted on that add and linked back to this posting with a question for him concerning the rifle having already been sold here.  I believe this pretty much verifies that a fraud is taking place.  If anyone knows how to save that page on Glock Talk and can email it to me, let me know.

glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=4b239f0cec983a2a0b4e9404fd8855c8&threadid=322054  

Before you jump to any conclusions take a look at the date it was last edited- 12/21/2004

I certainly hope its all a big misunderstanding and that MAK gets what he paid for, but Bull, he should have taken the ad down, especially since he's posted like crazy over there since editing that ad.  If you read his profil over there, it looks like he may(?) be unemployed, maybe explaining things.  He seems like a nice guy though, and I hope things are going well for him.
Link Posted: 1/23/2005 1:05:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
dude you got hosed, take all measures.  The money was sent, you held up your end of the bargain.  He didn't.  

Do you know M4?
Link Posted: 1/23/2005 1:07:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/23/2005 1:17:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Pretty screwed up.
Mak, you need to post on the EE feedback forum, then go register at Glocktalk and let them know what is going on.

Guess p^&%s cost money.

Sure have been a lot of shady deals going on around here lately.
Link Posted: 1/23/2005 1:27:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you know M4?

Does it matter?  Obviously there was another "faulty" transaction with this same guy with another member here, and now this.  A second bad transaction, coincidence?  I think not.  Sorry but a deals a deal.  Money was sent as well as an email, where it was relied to as "extrenuating" circumstances.....If you want to give a benefit of the doubt, fine by me, but if you're ever looking for a realestate deal on a some waterfront property in Brooklyn New York let me know.  Its spans about 480 ft and it has heavy traffic, but if you're really interested we can work a deal.....

Link Posted: 1/23/2005 1:34:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

How long should he wait?

How long would you wait?

I would send a registered letter then file in court...

There is no excuse for his behavior and the willingness of some to say "wait and see" with other peoples money is truly perplexing....
Link Posted: 1/23/2005 1:39:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you know M4?

Does it matter?  Obviously there was another "faulty" transaction with this same guy with another member here, and now this.  A second bad transaction, coincidence?  I think not.  Sorry but a deals a deal.  Money was sent as well as an email, where it was relied to as "extrenuating" circumstances.....If you want to give a benefit of the doubt, fine by me, but if you're ever looking for a realestate deal on a some waterfront property in Brooklyn New York let me know.  Its spans about 480 ft and it has heavy traffic, but if you're really interested we can work a deal.....

www.endex.com/gf/buildings/bbridge/bbbnr47.jpg

1st in line......  Where do I send the check??

Someone should remove his status a Mod. asap. It's going to give the site a very bad name. They don't let suspected crooked cops walk the beat after accusations like this.
Link Posted: 1/23/2005 1:40:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Any update?
Link Posted: 1/23/2005 2:32:22 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you know M4?

www.endex.com/gf/buildings/bbridge/bbbnr47.jpgww.endex.com/gf/buildings/bbridge/bbbnr47.jpg

Link Posted: 1/23/2005 2:42:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/23/2005 2:50:43 PM EDT
[#20]
What's his address? Maybe someone who lives nearby can pay him a visit and ask what its about.

Did you get his phone number? If so, did you try calling him? It'd be pretty trusting to do a deal without getting a phone number at least.

Link Posted: 1/24/2005 7:39:08 AM EDT
[#21]
update?
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 7:45:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 7:58:15 AM EDT
[#23]
tagd
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 1:19:06 PM EDT
[#24]
How much do you know about this guy, Mak?  Do you have his address or telephone number?  I'm willing to help, but I don't want to dig up stuff that you aleady know.
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 1:26:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Tagged

Hope this turns out as an honest mistake. I hate to see this kind of shit happen.

CH
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 1:26:33 PM EDT
[#26]
tagged for updates. Hope it all works out.
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 1:31:02 PM EDT
[#27]
I hope this works out.  Even though M4 has that strange avatar.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 1:46:36 PM EDT
[#28]

Hope it works out.  IIRC, M4 seemed on the up and up based on the content of his posts.

Scary, because I almost bought that rifle!!!!!

Link Posted: 1/24/2005 1:47:52 PM EDT
[#29]
FWIW……

Rick IM'd me before Christmas to ask if I could get hold of some British SA80 steel mags… He said he might be coming over after Christmas to the UK……

ANdy
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 1:50:24 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
FWIW……

Rick IM'd me before Christmas to ask if I could get hold of some British SA80 steel mags… He said he might be coming over after Christmas to the UK……

ANdy

NICE!  It just keeps getting better doesn't it........

I'm taking bids on that Brooklyn waterfront property.
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 1:54:36 PM EDT
[#31]
People you have to remember that here at ARF.COM we are a cross-section of society.

[nervously looking around for Aimless]
In light of this fact, its easy to see where even a Moderator can be crooked
[/nervously looking around for Aimless]

Just because you are a Moderator doesn't mean anything.....
Just look at TRG

Link Posted: 1/24/2005 2:00:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 2:03:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 2:08:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Mainly to tag but I want to add that I read 3 bad transactions so far. That does not qualify him for the Sainthood he's been given.

Mak....wishing you the best. I'm going thru a similar deal on a different board.

Bomber
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 2:09:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Some thing is not right with this one
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 2:14:04 PM EDT
[#36]
This is pretty freaking ridiculous. People that don't have a dog in this fight insinuating that he is crooked. WTF, over? It's being checked out, if it doesn't concern you then just sit back and watch. Christ...
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 2:20:09 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
M4_aiming_at_u is usually one of the first ones  to start bashing christains for being hypocrites in any thread that discusses Christianity.

What does this statement have to do with the topic at hand? Nothing.
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 2:23:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 2:30:19 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Mainly to tag but I want to add that I read 3 bad transactions so far. That does not qualify him for the Sainthood he's been given.

Bomber

+1 If I hd a deal done, needed to ship someone a gun and then got hit by a meteor on the way to the post office I would probably still be a crook in the eyes of the ARFCOM members. Whats with the 3+ strikes on the Mods?

Link Posted: 1/24/2005 2:32:15 PM EDT
[#40]
sigh

If you want to get his attention, all you have to do is post....

ALL VEGANS ARE FLAMING, GOAT RAPING PERVERTS!!!

I have never had any financial dealings with him, but I know that he can be kinda' "sensitive" about certain issues. We butted heads a few times over minor things on the GD board.

I hope that this all works out.
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 2:40:09 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
This is pretty freaking ridiculous. People that don't have a dog in this fight insinuating that he is crooked. WTF, over? It's being checked out, if it doesn't concern you then just sit back and watch. Christ...

I think I'm the only one here using the word "crooked".....however; if you can't sense my sarcasim,  can't be responsible for your misinterpretation of what I'm saying .....

Do you believe ever thing on the internet?
Get real
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 2:49:36 PM EDT
[#42]
I got shitcanned as mod in the Ohio forum for simply being late in simply sending out a duplicate copy of a signed affidavit that I VOLUNTEERED to save TheRedGoat's ass from criminal prosecution and termination from his job (because someone on the receiving end couldn't manage to find the first hard copy). Of course a major medical problem and a month of recovery didn't matter... even though I ultimately re-sent it and confirmed receipt to a successful ending for someone I've never met over 1,000 miles away from me.

Site Staff is allowed to flake out and chase away longtime financial supporting members and mods can rip people off without reprocussion though.

Speaks volumes.
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 2:53:47 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think I'm the only one here using the word "crooked".....however; if you can't sense my sarcasim,  can't be responsible for your misinterpretation of what I'm saying .....

Get real

I didn't even read your post silly, guilty conscience?
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 3:00:14 PM EDT
[#44]
I am sure the Site Staff must have phone numbers and address of the mods. Did anyone call him to see if he is OK?
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 3:03:40 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get real

Kind of ironic, your chiming in to tell people they shouldn't be chiming in, isn't it?
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 3:05:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 3:11:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 3:12:16 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Kind of ironic, your chiming in to tell people they shouldn't be chiming in, isn't it?

I know, I thought about that before I posted. If I could stop one poster it would all be worth it! Now I have generated 5 useless posts... clearly my scheme has had the opposite effect and blown up in my face!
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 3:22:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Tag for the outcome.  Main reason my internet motto is DTA.
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 4:02:22 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get real

I'm not shitting on this thread and really was only tryin to offer some comic relief but its seemed to have ....... man I'm confused........

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top