BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:24:52 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Shopping at Wal-Mart does not make one low class.

It makes one support low wage jobs, with no benefits, puts locally owned businesses out of business who actually supported thier local communities, put's American workers out of work because they source 80% of their products from China, funds the Chinese military (who we will fight one day), and they sell water injected/nitorgen flushed meat.

Wal-Mart is the anit-christ.

No...HMO's are the anti-Christ...Wal-mart may be one of the Arch-Angels though.......
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:25:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a soft-top Jeep - not safe in Walmart parking lots, someone might cut the top off.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:25:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

It makes one support low wage jobs, with no benefits, puts locally owned businesses out of business who actually supported thier local communities, put's American workers out of work because they source 80% of their products from China, funds the Chinese military (who we will fight one day), and they sell water injected/nitorgen flushed meat.

You can't shop anywhere without supporting a communist dictator bent on world domination anymore.

I posted one day:

Screw Wal-Mart, I do all my shopping at Target. They have better shit anyway and it's like .02 more expensive.
I was told how Target is owned by blah blah blah blah

You can't win

Although any choice is better than Wal-Mart.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:28:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I shop there every week. Best prices in the area from dog food to tires.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:28:22 AM EDT
[#5]
"Does shopping at Wal mart make you low class??? "  

No, I was always low class.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:29:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I shop there every week. Best prices in the area from dog food to tires.

snk...oh...you're one of thooose people...
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:36:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Wal-Mart is the embodiment of a capitalistic society.  I love it.  Hell, I need more Cocoa Puffs :(
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:38:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Haven't read the thread yet, this is just a tag.

And I can only imagine some of the responses I'm going to read.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:44:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I know 2 pro baseball players here in Houston who shop there.  

The steriod prices in the pharmacy must be great.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:52:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Wow...Just wow. I can't believe I'm reading this shit. I have a hard time believing, that anybody would think they are a superior being, because they bought a $30.00 made in Guatamala Abercrombie  polo shirt, instead of a $7.00 polo shirt with no lable on the tit, at Wal-mart.

We've managed somehow, to raise a generation of the stupidest, supposedly well educated college kids, ever turned loose on this country.  Nurtured on the suckling tit of MTV, gangbanger bling, Liberal teachers who imparted the message, that each and every one of them were "special" and an internet bubble, that held out the false promise of never having to do a day of real work, in their entire lives.

How the hell, did these little leaches ever manage to decide they were some sort of priviliged class?

Hell....I guess the fact  that my wife and I  pick up bargains at garage sales, every now and then, would condemn us both the the untouchable's caste.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:52:48 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can't shop anywhere without supporting a communist dictator bent on world domination anymore.

I posted one day:

Screw Wal-Mart, I do all my shopping at Target. They have better shit anyway and it's like .02 more expensive.

You can't win

What people forget is because of Wal-Mart sourcing Chinese goods made the compettion to do the samething to be compettitive. It's spiraling circle.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:55:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I posted one day:

You can't win

What people forget is because of Wal-Mart sourcing Chinese goods made the compettion to do the samething to be compettitive. It's spiraling circle.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:56:08 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Sounds like your "friends" are a bunch of snobs.

+1  
My wife and I make ore money than I ever figured I'd have, we are college educated also.
I am at Wal-Mart several days a week and we buy all of our food there exept for meat.
Your friends a pretentious assholes, enjoy them.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:57:27 AM EDT
[#14]
I do not shop at Walmart because my peace of mind is worth seventy two cents I might save.

They are crowded.  
They put pallets of crap in the main aisles just to make it more crowded.
The people who work there are not very bright.  
The people who shop (herd) there are not very bright.
That old and/or retarded person that stands at the door just creeps me out for some reason.  (I think they would be better off to put a blue vest on a scarecrow with a mechanical waving arm and a scratchy tape of some one saying 'hello' over and over by the door....)

All in all, I really don't care one way or another about Walmart, I just get pissed off at something/someone every time I try to go there.  So I don't go there.

I'm not so shallow that I worry about someone else's opinion of me based on my patronage of Walmart!

BTW, is the opposite true?  Are you high class because you don't shop at Walmart?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:03:32 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm in Wallymart all the time. They carry The Shotgun News
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:04:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Only if you go in to check prices, then leave and go to Target to compare which is lower.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:15:10 AM EDT
[#17]
We shop at Wally World pretty much on a regular basis. If we don't want to make the trek, then we'll go to the nearby Target Supercenter, but generally spend more $$ in Target than in WalMart - ON THE EXACT SAME MERCHANDISE. We do, however, make it a point to go to the nicer/newer Walmart in one of the burbs, since that one is MUCH NICER than the ones closer to mi casa.

When we first started going there together (fiance + myself), we didn't like the fact that we were actually patronizing the place. All of what everyone says is true: Chinese crap, lower eschelon of humanity, filfthy stores, etc,,. But we found one thing to be true that no one has really mentioned yet:

ALL Wal Marts are a direct reflection of the community in which they are located.

Case in point:

There are WalMart Neighborhood Markets, littered around the city (Dallas), mostly in the burbs.  They just recently opened one in Dallas proper (see:UPTOWN), right in the heart of yuppie-ville. The merchandise is MUCH DIFFERENT than in the other WMNM's around town. They have all sorts of higher-end, a little more expensive types of food than the others, and the clientelle (sp?) are direct polar opposites than the other WMNM's (mostly yuppies, and the well-to-do).

Many people were short-sighted enough to make the claims that having any type of Walmart nearby would put property values in the shitter. In many instances, this is true, but in this case , could not be farther from the truth.

I think it's stupid to throw your money away on the same items at another store, based on the notion that spending money at a particular store, makes you a better person than you actually are.

Alas, I still digress...

GG
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:28:39 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

............................All in all, I really don't care one way or another about Walmart, I just get pissed off at something/someone every time I try to go there.  So I don't go there...........................

efpeter- are you sure you're not describing KMart there?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:28:58 AM EDT
[#19]
I shop at Wally Word, and yes, I am low class.  I also bought WWB 9mm value pack (100rds) for $10.  I saw the same ammo at a local gunshop today for $15.  Wal-mart saves our family money every week.  That is the bottom line.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:01:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Convenient, fast, cheap for basic commodities.  Just because one has a few bucks doesn't mean one throws it away.  No, Wal-Mart doesn't make one low-class any more than shopping at Bergdorf's raises one's status.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:17:02 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Do your "friends" stick their little pinkie finger out when they sip their beer...?

it ain't "BEER" you frigging cro magnon, it's "ALE"!!!

and it ain't "TARGET" it's "TARGÉT"!!!

i shop where i get the best bang for my buck or wherever i get my rocks off. tell you what, i've found some kick ass deals at nordstrom but i regularly find them at wally world.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:24:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Get new friends.

Just don't look for them at WalMart.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:25:44 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Geez ever wonder how Red China's Army got the $$$$$$$$ to modernize or their navy got it's "bluewater" capeabilitys $$$$$$$......??????

Off topic:  when the fuck did china get a blue water navy??!???!

where you kidding? if not, china's had a blue water navy for several years and it's already made a couple calls to us ports.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:44:16 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, we are converting the Chinese to capitalism. Someday they won't be communists anymore. They gave up on real communism some time ago.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:47:37 AM EDT
[#25]
CAN WE SAY  WHITE TRASH
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:19:02 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, we are converting the Chinese to capitalism. Someday they won't be communists anymore. They gave up on real communism some time ago.

Ain't going to happen. Their .gov is in firm control.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top