Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 7:15:35 PM EDT
[#1]
A counterstrike kid, I KNEW THOSE KIDS WERE DANGEROUS!

Threatening people and buying every gun in counterstrike, EPIC FAIL and POSING.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
And this is good news?

This is the kind of attention this and other gun friendly websites don't need. While handled correctly I fear a backlash from oliticians, this may bring an end to the internet buy, sell, and trade era.

+1 I can see Chucky schummer , Toad Kennedy, Barbara Boxcutter aiming their gun grabbing rights trashing paws on our freedoms to use arfcom.

223SAINT
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 7:23:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
A counterstrike kid, I KNEW THOSE KIDS WERE DANGEROUS!

Threatening people and buying every gun in counterstrike, EPIC FAIL and POSING.

funny you mention that:

his email was [email protected] and "rellikmaet" = "team killer" backwards. very possibly a CounterStrike inspired name.

Link Posted: 4/3/2008 7:24:20 PM EDT
[#4]
anyone from FL get to see the 10pm newscast?
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 7:46:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
his bond was 75,000. he paid 7500 from my understanding.

I hope they got all of his guns.

Frankly, I hope he never lawfully gets another gun, ever.

John

I couldn't find what exactly he's being charged with but it's probably "making terroristic threats" which is a felony if I'm not mistaken. He probably wont get much jail time if he's a first time offender (few years max) but it will disqualify him from owning firearms in the future.

Lets hope so.              
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 7:49:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anyone know what kind of rifle this is? I'm kind of jealous as he has nicer guns than I do and more ammo too

i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/koya5o3/IMG_0332.jpg

looks like a Steyr Scout.

Thats what I thought. Guess its easy to afford $2000 guns when you sleep on the floor of your parents house.

Now what is this rifle? i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/koya5o3/xd9.jpg

Accuracy International AWM

He has some expensive guns.

From the pictures, it looks like just about every gun he owns except the XD is in Counter-Strike.

I am old. What is Counter-Strike? A video game.        
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 7:51:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anyone know what kind of rifle this is? I'm kind of jealous as he has nicer guns than I do and more ammo too

Thats what I thought. Guess its easy to afford $2000 guns when you sleep on the floor of your parents house.

From the pictures, it looks like just about every gun he owns except the XD is in Counter-Strike.

I am old. What is Counter-Strike? A video game.        

yeah, it's a video game that had (has?) a cult following, especially in Asia.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 7:51:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow, this kid is SERIOUSLY messed up!! I really hope he is never able to purchase a gun again.

I will take a moment to thank all those that helped take care of this matter, including the site staff that at times have to do a lot of searching to take care of problems like this.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 7:57:13 PM EDT
[#9]
You don't have to be 21 to own a handgun in Florida?

18 is legal?
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 7:58:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

18 is legal?

It's legal here in Oregon.  Still gotta be 21 to buy from a dealer, but FTF is GTG.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 7:59:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Between the detective, and the writer they managed to include just about all
the popular myths about aircraft shoot downs, thousands of rounds, multi AK ownership, etc. I am glad this sub species was owned, but the artifacts that remain
are pulp fiction in the story on AP news website.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 8:08:31 PM EDT
[#12]
what a total fucking nutbag

tLee, sorry you got drug into this, but you did good.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 8:24:26 PM EDT
[#13]
ASSHOLE!
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 8:30:58 PM EDT
[#14]
this is not good and will effect everyone of us!

Fucking little cocksucker!!
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 8:33:50 PM EDT
[#15]
i might be taking a trip to FL. since the threat was made through IM to me i am not sure but might be part of the trial..
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 8:40:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
i might be taking a trip to FL. since the threat was made through IM to me i am not sure but might be part of the trial..

This will never go to trial...ASSHOLES like this always get a slap on the wrist and sent right back in to the community
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 8:44:08 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's probably an AWM chasis system, i.e. just the stock for a Remington 700 action and barrel. Still extremely expensive.
It's hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like the real thing to me.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 8:49:19 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
   I hate put a negative thought into an already negative situation but...................

If this twerp, who is obviously NUTZ, had a fairly good sized weapon and ammo stash. What makes the LEO's so sure they got all of it. We discuss all the time about having weapons stashed in various places other than our home. Why wouldn't this idiot do the same?

I hope LEO is covering this guy like white on rice right now.

I see what you did there
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 8:49:21 PM EDT
[#19]
How did this Guy get the Pistols from the FFL Holder that received them ? or did he just do a FTF in Florida for ALL of the Hand Guns ?
I watched the news Clip and noticed they had Arfcom on their Computer Screen, but I am not sure if that is Good or Bad ?
Thank You
Bob
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 8:50:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 8:51:33 PM EDT
[#21]
I hope this guy gets some serious time in a PMITA prison, which I'm sure he won't, but I can dream.

I know it's already been said, but damn, he's got some nice guns.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 8:52:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
How did this Guy get the Pistols from the FFL Holder that received them ? or did he just do a FTF in Florida for ALL of the Hand Guns ?
I watched the news Clip and noticed they had Arfcom on their Computer Screen, but I am not sure if that is Good or Bad ?
Thank You
Bob

What is the age to own handguns in FL?  That would affect the legality of a FTF transfer.

Besides the Internet threats, and putting an ARFCOMmer's personal information on the Internet, what actual crime did this little retard do?

The only thing I saw the media really focus on was "OMFG HE HAS A LOT OF GUNS" and the idiot cop they interviewed did nothing but make it worse.

His threats only got brief mention.  The story is about his guns and this is what concerns me.  Again.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 8:55:08 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
List of names compiled that he used:

Names:
VINCENT WONG
K. Nguyen
Calvin/Kalvin Tran
Celvin/Kelvin Tran
Calvin/Kalvin Wong
Celvin/Kelvin Wong
Kevin Tran/Wong
Vincent Wong
Tein Wong
Calen Wong
Kiang Wong
Bill Lyndon
Brian Webb

Addresses:
K. Nguyen
xxxx N. Liberty Avenue
Florida City, xxxxx

Kiang Nguyen
xxx NE 8th St,
Homestead, FL xxxxx

Julie A. E. c/o BPRI
xxx Circle Hill Dr.
Brandon, FL xxxxx

Phone:
646-xxx-xxxx

Screennames:
BersPRI
someone
universalselfloadingpisto
buzz_light
STEYERBOY
sig_pdx
KIANG
KOYA503
305Boy
3o5boi
Goya5o3
gatorman
ccw
ak47123
noob503
hello
l0n3lyboii

Email:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

This guy is definitely bad news.

Holy crap... up to no good, without a doubt.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 8:57:45 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Accuracy International, .338 Lapua magnum I think, but might just be a .308.

The fucker has excellent taste in weapons, that's for damn sure.

Link Posted: 4/3/2008 8:58:46 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thank You
Bob

What is the age to own handguns in FL?  That would affect the legality of a FTF transfer.

Besides the Internet threats, and putting an ARFCOMmer's personal information on the Internet, what actual crime did this little retard do?

The only thing I saw the media really focus on was "OMFG HE HAS A LOT OF GUNS" and the idiot cop they interviewed did nothing but make it worse.

His threats only got brief mention.  The story is about his guns and this is what concerns me.  Again.  

The crime is the internet threats, shit like that is a felony.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 8:59:24 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's probably an AWM chasis system, i.e. just the stock for a Remington 700 action and barrel. Still extremely expensive.

Not unless he also aquired the AI muzzle break as well.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 9:17:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Wow, busy little angry dude. Seems like has some real deep anger issue with American/White folks.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 9:25:52 PM EDT
[#28]
In FL you can own a handgun at 18.  You have to get it through a private seller.  You have to be 21 to but from an FFL.  I really dont know how one would get all those guns, with out having to go through an FFL.  I have seen some of his crap on Florida Shooters Network.  All I can say is the folks in Homestead, Stay away from the AR15.com shirts for a while and carry it locked and loaded.  

MAHA
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 9:26:20 PM EDT
[#29]
tag for future updates

Given that he was using Vietnamese and American surnames in addition to his real Chinese surname, I wonder if he didn't have some identity theft scheme too.

Link Posted: 4/3/2008 9:27:57 PM EDT
[#30]
This made it to Yahoo.Com's front page.

Article:  news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080404/ap_on_re_us/weapons_cache

Cops: Man threatens Va. Tech-like attack

By KELLI KENNEDY, Associated Press Writer 32 minutes ago

MIAMI - A 20-year-old with a weapons cache that included four AK-47s was arrested after threatening over the Internet to undertake a Virginia Tech-style massacre, authorities said Thursday.
ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon authorities learned of a March 25 Internet message allegedly posted by Calin Chi Wong in which he threatened to re-enact the Virginia Tech killings. Two days later, Homestead Police searched the home Wong shares with his parents and found the weapons in stacked on shelves in plain view, Detective Antonio Aquino said.

Wong had 13 firearms in all, more than 5,000 rounds of ammunition, some that could pierce armor, and 100 rounds in a feeding clip with bullets "meant to take down aircraft or military machinery," Aquino said. He had hidden two AK-47s in his parents' closet, and his parents said the guns did not belong to them, Aquino said.

Wong was charged with making written threats to kill or do bodily injury via the computer and bonded out for $7,500. Additional charges are pending, he said.

It was not known whether he had a lawyer. A message left by The Associated Press at a phone number listed for Wong was not immediately returned Thursday evening. The phone at his employer, China King, rang unanswered.

Homestead Police first noticed Wong when he went to the department in February to complain he had been robbed of $800 over the Internet after he ordered a gun online using his father's PayPal account.

He told authorities he had called the FBI, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, and other agencies about the issue. Aquino said Wong finally reached a boiling point when he posted the message saying he would re-enact the Virginia Tech massacre, in which student Seung-Hui Cho killed 32 people last year before turning the gun on himself.

"After speaking to him and seeing his frustration, I believe that he had the potential to carry out some kind of threat," Aquino said.

Wong felt isolated and cut off, authorities noted, saying he had been buying and selling guns for about two years and word was now getting around about Wong's age. Dealers stopped selling to him, and he was being banned from certain gun-sale Web sites.

"I'm soon to the point to re-enact the whole event," Wong wrote under the name "thehumanabc," referring to the shootings last April at Virginia Tech. "This may not seem like a threat to you, but I'm sure others don't want to see it occur again. It should be a wake up call for All haters out there," according to an arrest report.

Aquino said Wong told police that making the threat made him feel good because after "he had thousands of people on the Internet paying attention to him."

But Wong also said he was just upset and frustrated and never actually planned a killing spree, Aquino said.

But authorities also found a school book bag lined with bulletproof vests inside Wong's home, as well as two handguns.

Wong is not in college, Aquino said. He graduated from an Oregon high school and attended a college for a year before moving in with his parents in Florida, authorities said.

Wong said the weapons were an investment.

"He says it's a lucrative business," Aquino said. "He said if Hillary Clinton wins she'll put a ban on assault rifles, and these assault rifles will be worth more in value."
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 9:28:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

18 is legal?

its 18 in texas as well, same as the majority of states
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 9:36:31 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't those run 3k or so? Where'd he get the money for this?

Shit, man, giving chinese-Americans (and gunowners) a bad name. Thanks a lot, jerkhole.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 9:45:27 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

"He says it's a lucrative business," Aquino said. "He said if Hillary Clinton wins she'll put a ban on assault rifles, and these assault rifles will be worth more in value."

selling guns with out a ffl, for a profit? ? ?
sounds like he is running a business with out the proper permits
that is a no no
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 9:53:03 PM EDT
[#34]
on foxnews.com now

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,346292,00.html
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 9:56:12 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
on foxnews.com now
www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,346292,00.html

yep, just saw that myself.

Link Posted: 4/3/2008 9:58:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Good job shedding light on this deranged prick.  Hopefully the authorities will run with this.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 9:59:27 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

selling guns with out a ffl, for a profit? ? ?
sounds like he is running a business with out the proper permits
that is a no no

what a dumbass. he just added on a few years to hiw own sentence.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 10:17:46 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
no joke. this should have been handled a long time ago. .

Speaking from our position in this..it was handled as quickly as possible. It has been my experience that law enforcement won't react to internet threats until they have substantial grounds to proceed.
Example I received the below e-mail from a person because his registration was refused based on his screen name. I forwarded the e-mail and headers to a police officer from the state he lived in. he forwarded it to the appropriate LEO's and it went nowhere.

Gee,

How about just plain ol Insane Cop Killer - get right to the point. Other variations:

Cop Murderer
Cop Head Stomper
Cop Fucker
Cop Hater
Cop Family Bludgeoner

If those don't work, then anything that starts with a 'C' can be substituted with a 'K'.  Do you think there 'would be a chance' of getting those approved?

You stupid pathetic cop dick suckers! Kiss my fucking ass!  The next cop I shoot, I'll carve out your website name into his chest.

Enough info to enable the police to arrest this shit bird has only become available in the last couple of weeks.

Striker, anyway you arrange a meet with this guy for me?

Link Posted: 4/3/2008 10:20:12 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Wow. I guess my FTF rule for firearms and ammo is a good idea.

I don't sell ammo.  But I have no problem shipping to an FFL that I have checked out.

If he had any of those guns transfered through an FFL the seller has nothing to worry about.  As long as the guns were 100% legal.  No 922 violations.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 11:31:45 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
He also went by: steyrboy, socandyman, ak47123, ss102, csplayer, along with a number of other user IDs on this website.  We closed the accounts as soon as we found them.

The staff in the EE (especially Munyguru) did an excellent job tracking him down whenever he snuck back onto the site.

no me

Link Posted: 4/3/2008 11:37:09 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Well,
I did a trade with this guy:
Calin Wong
165 NE. 8st
Homestead, FL 3303

and it went smoothly. Several phone calls and email conversations that were always civil and pleasant. He also appeared genuinely concerned about the issues we're having with our baby.
Always asked if there was anything he could do.
Just my experience.

i had the same experience with him but i know of others he acted crazy with
he must be bipolar or something
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 11:41:17 PM EDT
[#42]
This guy has only been further insulted.  To think he is harmless now without his firearms is a terrible mistake.

He has a record so he cannot get anything legal.  But he sure as hell can get something now that he isn't in the concrete hotel.

I doubt he has the ability to reach out but anyone in the immediate area better be on the look-out.  He may be dumb but he is also crafty.  

Yes, his use of Vietnamese names might mean something...like he is ethnically Chinese but an immigrant from Vietnam.  These ethnic Chinese are typically shunned here by the ethnic Vietnamese and as they don't speak any Chinese dialect, they are true outsiders.  Not as much as the Hmong but along those lines.

He probably saw the allure of life here and wanted a piece of it. Now that the dream is gone, his rage is against any American he can connect to his problems.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 11:46:29 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well,
I did a trade with this guy:
Calin Wong
165 NE. 8st
Homestead, FL 3303

and it went smoothly. Several phone calls and email conversations that were always civil and pleasant. He also appeared genuinely concerned about the issues we're having with our baby.
Always asked if there was anything he could do.
Just my experience.

i had the same experience with him but i know of others he acted crazy with
he must be bipolar or something

Could be.  From what I have seen, he has some dissociative disorders, possibly from his infatiuation with video games (screen name, firearms list) and character emulation.

Link Posted: 4/4/2008 12:17:20 AM EDT
[#44]
good job shedding light on this dipshit, too bad this will still come back as bad on gun owners  as a whole now that the media has a hold of it

-Mike
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 12:18:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Well I just checked through my sales list through the usernames and it appears I did in fact sell some ammo to him
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 12:25:00 AM EDT
[#46]
OST
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 2:00:19 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thank You
Bob

You mean the OP of this thread?

ETA: in the video, it says an Oregon Police Officer was worried and called this in.... I thought it was the OP who called it in....

I know that the interview... what little they aired, was the OP right?

I am confusED.
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 2:12:04 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thank You
Bob

You mean the OP of this thread?

ETA: in the video, it says an Oregon Police Officer was worried and called this in.... I thought it was the OP who called it in....

I know that the interview... what little they aired, was the OP right?

I am confusED.

No, the Homestead Cheif that said something about bullets that will take down planes.

The phone interview was fine.
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 2:38:03 AM EDT
[#49]
I don't like how the news reported that the nutcase was "plotting" an VATech-style massacre.

He made threats, but honestly I don't see that as "plotting". A plot has more substance than threats.

I do think that it was right to go bust the dude for making those threats.
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 4:00:36 AM EDT
[#50]
tag
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top