Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:33:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I forced myself to watch it four times, then did the research on the back story.

I pray my wife never sees it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:54:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the in the line of duty episode on VHS, I make all my rookies watch it when I break them in.  I still have a hard time watching it.  sad sad stuff..
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:03:36 AM EDT
[#3]

i almost cant even type it gave me a chill.

i will be sure to pass this on through out my dept.

rest in peace.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:08:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn. I'd never seen that one.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:00:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd never heard nor seen this one before. Thanks for the the link. I think that it is a vital training tool. If anyone has other videos or teaching materials like this, let me know. I need to use this in some upcoming training. The sad part is this, even after watching this I know officers who won't shoot until fired upon.

RIP Deputy Dinkheller..
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:03:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Why did the officer not fire sooner?

I suspect he was excersizing restraint.... an admirable thing when it comes to professionalism in law enforcemment... but sometimes giving the bad guy the benifit of ones restraint can get you killed.
I once viewed a tape of a traffic stop where the patrolman ordered the passenger in a car to drop a gun. The officer had his pistol leveled at the guy and ordered him multiple times to drop the gun. The passenger didn't move... didn't drop the gun either so... after something like 12 or thirteen orders to drop the fuckin' gun the officer just matter of factly shot the guy... He then dropped the gun.
during the ensuing inquest the question was raised as to whether or not the officer had been wrong in shooting the guy.... Comment from the bench indicated that the court believed the officer was too patient in giving so many warnings.... Officer absolved of all wrong doing.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:03:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Uhhhh.  That makes my stomach turn and head ache.  That piece of shit will rot in hell for eternity!

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:48:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'd never heard nor seen this one before. Thanks for the the link. I think that it is a vital training tool. If anyone has other videos or teaching materials like this, let me know. I need to use this in some upcoming training. The sad part is this, even after watching this I know officers who won't shoot until fired upon. head.gif

RIP Deputy Dinkheller..

I have one that I received from ICE or USM I can't remember.

I dont know if I should post it due to it being so graphic. (I dont want to get banned b/c im  anew member)

I'm sure some have seen this where the guy was NOT searched.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:25:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Too Sad for words. I am currently outgrowing my way too nice stage. At 22 I would have been as nice. Now I am learning that monsters are everywhere. And to be prepared to stop them soonest.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:02:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It is very hard to not armchair quaterback his decisions but Jesus..he should have shot him after his 3rd warning.
We are mandated to give a verbal warning if time permits. 3 is our accepted number of times.
I hope all the LEO bashers that constantly criticize police for being trigger happy watch this!

He should have shot that asshole,  when he went for the rifle.

Prayers to family.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:05:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I use this video in my training, along with the video of Constable Daryl Lunsford.

I use it to reinforce the fact that if you have pulled your weapon, then there should be no question about whether or not use of lethal force is authorized.  If you are going to pull the gun, be prepared to do the deed, do not wait until the threat engages you first.

I hate saying this kind of shit and picking over the tactics of a fallen brother, but it has to be done.

Rest in Peace, Brother.

Sheep

I think it can be hard for many people to take a life ,to begin with, especially people with some morals.  
I don't think any of us knows exactly how we would act in the officers situation unless we have gone through it.

RIP
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:24:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Never saw that before, fuckin' skell. You get one, outside chance a second "drop the gun" warning, then I'll light you up like a Christmas tree.

Firearms training,Firearms training,Firearms training,Firearms training,Firearms training,Firearms training,Firearms training,Firearms training,Firearms training,Firearms training,Firearms training.

Not criticizing the officer, but it gets most of us angry, he should still be alive!

Never get lax on your firearms proficiency training and tactics, EVER!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:34:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Describe it.  Maybe post a link to it?
I am always looking for ofc. survival and patrol techniques training material.  Nothing seems to hit home as well as real life video footage.

Quoted:

I dont know if I should post it due to it being so graphic. (I dont want to get banned b/c im  anew member)

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:42:44 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'd never heard nor seen this one before. Thanks for the the link. I think that it is a vital training tool. If anyone has other videos or teaching materials like this, let me know. I need to use this in some upcoming training. The sad part is this, even after watching this I know officers who won't shoot until fired upon.

RIP Deputy Dinkheller..

I think I know what video your referring to, it has been posted before. I can't find it to post it.

WARNING GRAPHIC
ETA: Prisoner suicide
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:00:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'd never heard nor seen this one before. Thanks for the the link. I think that it is a vital training tool. If anyone has other videos or teaching materials like this, let me know. I need to use this in some upcoming training. The sad part is this, even after watching this I know officers who won't shoot until fired upon. head.gif

RIP Deputy Dinkheller..

I think I know what video your referring to, it has been posted before. I can't find it to post it.

WARNING GRAPHIC
ETA: Prisoner suicide

that would be it.

Pat searches are VITAL!  the scary thing is that how easy it could have been to point the gun out the door a few rounds!

SEARCH YOUR PRISONERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:16:11 AM EDT
[#16]
[monday morning quarterback]I think he was justified in firing long before he actually did.[/monday morning quarterback]
RIP Deputy Dinkheller
May the other guy burn in hell.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:30:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Did the perp have a passenger or is that a dog in his truck?

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:42:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:08:50 PM EDT
[#19]
RIP.

FWIW

What I can't let myself  forget is that these shooters continue to ADVANCE on wounded officers, even after the officer is down. They don't flee until the officer is dead. At Newhall, Miami, and in this case, the shooter pursued a wounded officer(s) to "finish them", as they sought cover in/behind their unit.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:23:06 PM EDT
[#20]
This is the worse thing I ever saw in training.  I have never felt as helpless watching anything, ever.

Rest in Peace.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 10:46:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Death Sentence affirmed, with factual summary

http://www2.state.ga.us/Courts/Supreme/pdf/s01p1789.pdf

"In addition to the evidence of the murder, which included the videotaped
depiction of Brannan deliberately shooting a wounded, unconscious police
officer, the State presented evidence that Brannan had shot in the direction of his
neighbor during an altercation, and fashioned a crude weapon in jail using a
razor blade. The similar cases listed in the Appendix support the imposition of
the death penalty in this case, in that all involve the murder of a police officer
in the performance of his official duties.
Judgment affirmed. All the Justices concur."

He's on death row: BRANNAN, ANDREW HOWARD go to the Georgia Department of Corrections to see a photo of him.

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:54:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:41:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Crime was in 1998, he's still getting served three hot meals a day at Jackson Diagnostic prison, in Jackson Georgia.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:05:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:23:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Wow, that was about the worst thing I have ever seen.  The deputy should have shot that bastard a lot sooner.  I hope the first needle in that fuckers arm is 5 ozs of Draino.

Other than being a complete idiot, did that guy ever offer an excuse for what he did?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:16:28 PM EDT
[#26]
here is this scums info from the department of corrections.

www.dcor.state.ga.us/GDC/OffenderQuery/jsp/OffQryRedirector.jsp
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:15:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Damn.....Should have dropped him at the first sign of a weapon, jackass was already combative.

Yup, How many times does a cop have to yell put the gun down before he can shoot? I'm pretty sure it's way less than the many times he did yell it.

Shortly before the event, the higher ups instructed the officers they had better be very "cautious" about using deadly force because of recent incident in which a excessive force might have been used.    Because of this and the resulting execution of Kyle Dinkheller, several Deputies turned in their badges.  

BTW - he was supposedly the top shooter in his Department.  When the SHTF, your performance will drop.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:55:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:56:39 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.dcor.state.ga.us/GDC/OffenderQuery/jsp/OffQryRedirector.jsp

looks like they block direct links, I'm too lazy to hax around it

Go here

and enter  GDC in the "Select Identifier" window and 0001041320 in the "Enter Number" window.

Wouldn't ya just know it.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:35:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 1:51:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top