All you need is Photoshop to make that!

naw, i just used the edit feature in myphotos. I'd like the real thing though
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:04:18 PM EDT
[#4]
what do you suppose this does?
Just hold the trim on?

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:07:22 PM EDT
[#5]
does that buttstock open to store things?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:08:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Question: if swingset is correct and it can be modified with evil features...could you cut off the strip connecting the pistol grip to the stock so it is a true pistol grip?

You probably could, but that might make the buttstock connection to the rest of the gun too weak.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:24:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
does that buttstock open to store things?

nope
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:35:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Just hold the trim on?
img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/twonami/103_0311.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/twonami/103_0312.jpg

I don't know what it's supposed to do but it looks like something maybe MagPul could work wonders on... replace that with an adjustable cheek weld and LOP... surely if anyone could do it it would be they.

The buttstock is hollow? So you could cut a portion of that off and hide crack or something underneath that cheek piece?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:38:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just hold the trim on?

I don't know what it's supposed to do but it looks like something maybe MagPul could workwonders on... replace that with an adjustable cheek weld and LOP... surelyif anyone could do it it would be they.

The buttstock it hollow? So you could cut a portion of that off and hide crack or something underneath that cheek piece?

I guess.
crack and cheekpiece go well together
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:20:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Maybe something like this...
www.mattandpamazon.com/images/matt/Photoshops/stormVFG.jpg

I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard for them to make this. Keep the mag well in it... it can hold a spare. Maybe move the release to a better position to be pushed by the opposite hand though.

Not a bad idea at all, IMHO!

I tried one of the "factory" VFGs for it (actually, just a TDI folding VFG with the Beretta logo added) but didn't care for it very much.

I thought the "factory" VFG might be pretty decent. Oh well.

So who do we need to shake a stick at to have the Photoshopped one made?
Think Beretta might take the suggestion seriously?
Or is there some third party company that might do it?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:00:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

It may well be - please don't go by me not liking it!  I still haven't really jumped on the VFG bandwagon, ARs or otherwise.  I see (and have experienced) the advantage they offer in FA fire, but I just don't (personally) prefer them on my semis.  (Just an old fart stuck in his ways, I guess... )
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:08:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It may well be - please don't go by me not liking it!  I still haven't really jumped on the VFG bandwagon, ARs or otherwise.  I see (and have experienced) the advantage they offer in FA fire, but I just don't (personally) prefer them on my semis.  (Just an old fart stuck in his ways, I guess... )

dang, I just ordered one cause I thought it would be cool. Guess I have to return it
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:22:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll keep that in mind. I like them for shooting while standing or any otherwise unsupported position. It's a nice alternative to just holding the hand guards. Gives you a better way to pull the rifle in toward you slightly to keep it a litle more stable. But I'm not claiming to have mastered this technique in any way...
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:04:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Well, since the VFGs already came up & are being discussed (sorry for the further hijack ), I dug up a couple of old (pre-shroud, pre-EOTech) pictures of mine with the folding TDI/Beretta VFG in question:

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:20:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Do it!! Swingset's is cool!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:04:29 PM EDT
[#16]
What would have to happen to make it collapsible as well? Register it as a SBR?

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
What would have to happen to make it collapsible as well? Register it as a SBR?

webpages.charter.net/d3digital/storm_collapsible.jpg

Good luck with that setup and the one-piece polymer stock.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:49:15 AM EDT
[#18]
I wouldn't have minded a collapsable stock like they have on the 5.56mm version.

Well I got a tac light today, also finally got to zero my sights today.  As you can see, they didn't need too much adjusting :)
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:48:50 PM EDT
[#19]
tagged and saved
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:42:16 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Just hold the trim on?

I was looking for these pictures... I need to play around with that. When I finally shot mine the other day that damned cheek pad thing was pulling on my facial hair like a mother f'er. I'm trying to figure out a groovy way to fix that problem without making it look like some piece of ghetto trash.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:01:32 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just hold the trim on?

I was looking for these pictures... I need to play around with that. When I finally shot mine the other day that damned cheek pad thing was pulling on my facial hair like a mother f'er. .

same problem here.
ETA: if you come up with something let me know
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:47:54 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
ETA: if you come up with something let me know

I'm trying to think of a good way to attach a lycra enclosed gel pad, like the ones in bicycle seats and mouse pads. Some how get it to attach to the cheek piece without using any glue or anything else that would leave some sort of residue on the receiver. I figure it would make it a little more comfrtable and as ong as it overlaps the seem where the piece connects to the receiver I woudl think it would eliminate the whisker-biter problem.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:35:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Why did Beretta make it a thumb hole stock to begin with?

hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:39:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Probably in part because of all the fucked up anti-gun laws here they are trying to make it as easy as possible for all of us lazy Americans to be able to own one.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:44:51 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I like the flash hider but I just threw the shroud on mine

Get both!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:47:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Tag.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:48:28 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Probably in part because of all the fucked up anti-gun laws here they are trying to make it as easy as possible for all of us lazy Americans to be able to own one.

works for me - so if a person in a state that had a no pistol grip law - they just beat it.  Got it
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:08:21 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I like the flash hider but I just threw the shroud on mine

Get both!

That I'd like to see.... the FS with the shroud behind it. Talk about tactical bling bling.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:09:20 AM EDT
[#29]
I have a CX4 Storm on the way... after I get the goodies on it that I want (top and side rails, tac sling, SPOT mkIII, weaponlight and plenty of magazines), I plan to thread the barrel and obtain a suppressor.  Heck, there's a shop that will do it here in Texas, and they're not far from me.  

As it turns out, the CX4 is imported as a sporting arm, and are not subject to the parts count restriction and all that BS.  SBR it.  Thread it and put a suppressor or FH on it.  Have at it!  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:13:56 AM EDT
[#30]
tag
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:20:45 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
As it turns out, the CX4 is imported as a sporting arm, and are not subject to the parts count restriction and all that BS.  SBR it.  Thread it and put a suppressor or FH on it.  Have at it!  

I plan to. I have pretty much decided I'm going to get a 9mm suppressor and share it between the Cx4 and my Glock 17.

I'm going to a gun show this weekend to shop around for other toys and hopefully there will be some suppressor guys there I can talk to.

I'm thinking the Gemtech Trinity might be the best way to go in terms of swapping between the two.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:50:25 AM EDT
[#32]
BTW Tactical Experience is doing trigger jobs to cut down the pull almsot in half.

www.tacticalexcellence.com/
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:36:34 AM EDT
[#33]
PIMP IT!!!

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:56:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Well, actually, the Storm IS subject to 922(r) regs -  Although it  might not appear on any list, it is an IMPORTED semi-automatic carbine, capable of accepting "detachable" magazines. as such, it would become a "semi-automatic assault weapon" (I know, I know- bulls**t), if it had:
A threaded barrel
A fixed stock with a traditional pistol grip
A collapsible or folding buttstock
A bayonet lug
An integral "flash suppressor"
In order for Beretta to obtain approval for importation of the Cx-4 for civilian sale, it had to be made in its current configuration. Now, with the expiration of the AWB, if Beretta were to manufacture the Cx-4 in the US, (no longer an import), these other configurations would be possible. But since Beretta is probably selling all they can make, I can't see it happening, and anyway, for a weapon designed, approved, and made available under 922(r) And the Awb, it's a pretty nice piece.
As for modifying the Storm to include some of these features, it's most likely a 922(r) violation if the weapon contains more than 10 imported parts
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:08:36 AM EDT
[#35]
I've got mine set up with the shroud:

Unfortunately, I haven't even had time to fire, and am looking to sell/trade it....
so it's up in the EE.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:17:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:38:34 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I've got mine set up with the shroud:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/JHaines/IMG_0763.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/JHaines/IMG_0761.jpg
Unfortunately, I haven't even had time to fire, and am looking to sell/trade it....
so it's up in the EE.

Selling it? You don't know what you're missing.
Is that the Bushnell Red/Green Dot scope on it?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:52:16 AM EDT
[#38]
latest pic
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:04:04 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Selling it? You don't know what you're missing.
Is that the Bushnell Red/Green Dot scope on it?

I've got it up on the EE in the hopes of getting something in .308.

Funny thing is, I have just worked out a trade to get an M9, so the swappable magazines
thing would be nice. We'll see what happens. Since I haven't fired one, I guess I just don't
know how cool they are.

The scope on mine is a BSA Panoramic Scope. The Cowitness with the sights of the CX4 is
perfect.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:10:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Does anyone fine the original sights on these things hard to see thru, like the holes are too damn small.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:12:37 PM EDT
[#41]
I do love the FS they put on the ones you see on Battlestar Galactica!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:36:32 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
latest pic
img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/twonami/103_0387_2.jpg

Wouldn't it be cool if they made a model that matched that Surefire?

Quoted:
Does anyone fine the original sights on these things hard to see thru, like the holes are too damn small.

Haven't used them yet. Scoped it right out of the box.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:43:20 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
latest pic
img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/twonami/103_0387_2.jpg

Wouldn't it be cool if they made a model that matched that Surefire?

Quoted:

Haven't used them yet. Scoped it right out of the box.

schwing!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:56:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:00:43 PM EDT
[#45]
I would shoot it at night and see . But I voted yes cause you cant test all types of ammo . Besides I think it's going to need one !
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:42:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:24:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Just a FYI, they have some display stands for Stormson ebay now.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:45:21 PM EDT
[#48]
I forget the members name (msnow?)... but he owns Plastix-PlusTX... he might be able to make one out of plastic instead of wood.

Wood just doesn't seem to jive with a plastic guns.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:52:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Tag
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top